FANDOM


  • During the past couple weeks we have seen a significant increase in inflammatory behavior since the news broke regarding Qrow’s former voice actor, Vic Mignogna. Both supporters and detractors becoming increasingly hostile and inflammatory,with no signs of stopping.

    As such, in accordance with article 5 of our forum policies (undefined circumstances), and via a vote held by staff, we have elected to institute a blanket ban on all discussion of all current events regarding Vic Mignogna.

    Though individual opinions of the matter differ between staff members, we as a collective we do not take any stance on the subject; the decision to disallow discussion of the event was made by a majority vote and serves exclusively to maintain order on the wiki.

    Please be mindful of your activity from this point on.

      Loading editor
    • Yes sir!

        Loading editor
    • any links to exactly what he's accused of?

        Loading editor
    • Literally this thread is anouncing that any discussion of it is banned.

        Loading editor
    • Just go type his name on google or whatever search engine you use for details.

        Loading editor
    • I wasn't talking about discussing it, just wondering if it was a tabloid piece or actual news found on legitimate sources, I'd rather not search the former and give them traffic.

        Loading editor
    • 73.Anon.52 wrote:
      I wasn't talking about discussing it, just wondering if it was a tabloid piece or actual news found on legitimate sources, I'd rather not search the former and give them traffic.

      Basically, the accusations have been going around since about 2008, to the point where there were already people who knew about it back when RT hired him before Volume 3, hence why we had some complaints about him being hired popping up here on the wiki at the time. Rooster Teeth ignored that, but now there has been a more significant flareup of accusations, accompanied by Vic's actual coworkers voicing their support for the accusations, saying that he had some inappropriate behavior in the workplace as well. As such, RT, various conventions, and (I believe) FUNimation decided to cut ties with him.

        Loading editor
    • Funimation recast his role in an anime. But there's no mention of employment termination.

        Loading editor
    • Openminds wrote:
      Funimation recast his role in an anime. But there's no mention of employment termination.

      Ah, so that part's up in the air. I knew they reacted to it, as well, and took him off a role, but I wasn't sure if they completely cut ties or fired him.

      He's still welcome at some conventions, but overall, the gist of it is that there's a big mess right now due to a flareup in accusations that have been already going on for 10 years. So, now 73 knows what's going on.

        Loading editor
    • Poor dude.

        Loading editor
    • Close the thread?

        Loading editor
    • why? it's a warning/announcement, so long as it doesn't derail it can be useful explaining the policy.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah guess I was thinking back to the necropost poilcy.

        Loading editor
    • 3 days is 3 months now?

        Loading editor
    • Yeah I honestly forgot about the policy. Sorry.

        Loading editor
    • ChishioKunrin wrote:

      Openminds wrote:
      Funimation recast his role in an anime. But there's no mention of employment termination.

      Ah, so that part's up in the air. I knew they reacted to it, as well, and took him off a role, but I wasn't sure if they completely cut ties or fired him.

      He's still welcome at some conventions, but overall, the gist of it is that there's a big mess right now due to a flareup in accusations that have been already going on for 10 years. So, now 73 knows what's going on.

      I heard he got fired from Funimation and they have no plans for him to do future productions.

        Loading editor
    • AzureJay wrote:

      I heard he got fired from Funimation and they have no plans for him to do future productions.

      I think they took him off a role first, then fired him later. I've heard talk that they did an investigation into the situation, so if they really have fired him, then their investigation led them to do so.

      Funimation was honestly the best group to do the investigation, as the accusations revolved around non-Rooster Teeth conventions and the Funimation office. He rarely set foot anywhere that was officially Rooster Teeth owned or run.

        Loading editor
    • I'm pretty sure we're kinda pushing it at this point, guys.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.