FANDOM


  • Happy New Year Everybody! Hope you had an exhausting time at the end of 2016.

    Party Hard
    • When we open to the episode, Qrow has already info dumped about the maidens, and the revelation has made Jaune bitter.
    • He also explains to Ruby the danger of being a SEW. The only people who know about the SEW's (other than a select few members of the Brotherhood) are Salem's people. Jaune cynically points out that the reason Qrow didn't travel with them initially was because he was using Ruby as bait in case someone like Tyrian really did show up.
    • Qrow then goes into WoR mode and explains Remnant's creation story, how two brothers, a light god and a dark god (two guesses which one was good), created life, animals, the Creatures of Grimm, and finally humanity. The 4 qualities that make us human are physical things in the world and take the shape of the relics. The reason the academies were made weren't just to train huntsmen, it was to protect the relics with an entire generation of superfighters in close proximity.
    • Qrow also explains that if the people knew about the relics, the maidens, Salem, and everything else, it'd be chaos.
    •  MEANWHILE IN THE BELLADONNA RESIDENCE
    • Blake is nervously waiting outside Ghira's door. Kali walks by with a tray of tea and shoves it to her so she can bring it to Ghira while Kali talks to Sun. Blake then goes in and Ghira lovingly engages in conversation with Blake (particularly her choice of dress, which Blake defends wholeheartedly). Blake then breaks down wondering why her parents still love her even after she angrily walked out on them in her granola girl days. Ghira asks her to think nothing of it as she never went down the wrong path in the end. Before Blake can explain why she left RWBY, Sun comes crashing through, not quite endearing himself to Ghira any more than he has.
    •  BACK AT CAMP:
    • Qrow is reluctant to explain why he didn't travel with them, but merely says that he's a "bad luck charm" to his friends and family, and then goes for a simple walk. Ruby asks if there's anything else to tell them, Raven even appears to hear what he got to say, but Qrow is done for the night.
    •  BACK AT THE HOUSE:

    * Sun explains the reason he fell through was because he heard the White Fang don't wear masks in Menagarie, but saw one and even took a picture. Blake, wanting some peace and quiet, throughs the scroll out, but sees a WF spy watching them and goes after it when it bolts.

    •  BACK- yeah yeah whatever:
    • Qrow, leaning against his sleeping tree, begins to have coughing fits and shows his poison has worsened.
      Loading editor
    • I'm beginning to think the schools were never built on top of all the relics some yes but I think at least one of the four relics was not able to be protected in a classical build a fortress around it sense, and therefore Ozpin's predecessor decided to build four anyways to trick his opposition into thinking all four were still in the academies. 

        Loading editor
    • There's two possibilites as to who Sun saw. Either he saw Adam or it was just the spy. If it was the spy, that must be emberressing (a spy so inconspicuous they got noticed immediatly and had been caught on photo).

        Loading editor
    • So the two gods allude to the Brothers Grimm, right?

        Loading editor
    • I doubt that anyone in RNJR knows how to make antivenom reliably, so their best chance might be to steal some off of Tyrian if he has some.

      His venom seems to act as a blood thinner (at least so far), and that seems like a hard venom to use in a nonlethal capacity without having an antivenom, particularly since the delivery causes wounds. Granted anything in sufficient quantities can be fatal, but this seems to be a more lethal poison and he had been given a capture mission.

      Alternatively they could somehow get help from a person who knows how to make antivenom and to keep Qrow away from the booze for a while.

        Loading editor
    • That's impossible, the lack of alcohol would kill him, or just make him lose the will to live

        Loading editor
    • TheTestuDon wrote:
      So the two gods allude to the Brothers Grimm, right?

      Possibly, but to me I think it seems to have a bigger basis on the story of Cain and Abel from the Bible, though with a different, slightly less violent ending. One good, older brother, other one was jealous and tried to show him up, that sort of thing. Still, I can see how you can see that, considering that the Brothers Grimm DID create many of our [in]famous fairy tales, so for them to be creation gods would be a neat shoutout.

      Also, apparently religion is a rare thing to see in Remnant, and that various people have created various gods, which they made a small mention of thanks to the Ship Captain in Episode 3 ["by the gods"]. Makes sense too, many cultures means many beliefs. Just a greater testament to how similar our world and theirs can be sometimes.

      Brings up another question: did the Great War also involve religion? After all, they were warring over creativity and freedom to be yourself, so who's to say it didn't involve the "freedom of religion as part of expression" sort of thing?

        Loading editor
    • GreyStark wrote: That's impossible, the lack of alcohol would kill him, or just make him lose the will to live

      It can only work if they're almost at Mistral. Short term it can keep his blood from being thinned too much, but if they're too far away not only will the poison take its toll, but Qrow in most likely fatal alcohol withdrawal (explaining for those who don't know).

        Loading editor
    • His system would go into shock

        Loading editor
    • WC-83 wrote:
      There's two possibilites as to who Sun saw. Either he saw Adam or it was just the spy. If it was the spy, that must be emberressing (a spy so inconspicuous they got noticed immediatly and had been caught on photo).

      or it could be "sister illia" as those white fang messengers brought her up during their conversation.

      (rwby volume episode 5 10:38)

      Edit: Sorry ment the ninja

        Loading editor
    • TheMidnightDreary
      TheMidnightDreary removed this reply because:
      double posted by accident
      22:55, January 1, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • Sentry 616 wrote:
      I doubt that anyone in RNJR knows how to make antivenom reliably, so their best chance might be to steal some off of Tyrian if he has some.

      His venom seems to act as a blood thinner (at least so far), and that seems like a hard venom to use in a nonlethal capacity without having an antivenom, particularly since the delivery causes wounds. Granted anything in sufficient quantities can be fatal, but this seems to be a more lethal poison and he had been given a capture mission.

      Alternatively they could somehow get help from a person who knows how to make antivenom and to keep Qrow away from the booze for a while.

      I agree with what you are saying and even put my own thoughts of the idea on the other v4 ep 8 thread, but the first problem is that from the looks of it tyrian headed back to salem and team RNJR has no way to find him. second problem would be;

      qrow: try to take my booze see what happens.

        Loading editor
    • Huh, I didn't hear her name, but I wonder if she'll be an important character outside of her role as an assassin/spy (or even after this volume).

      Speaking of which, I have a feeling this volume's going to end with Qrow dying, probably before they get to Mistral. If Jaune is still salty at Qrow, I wonder if Ruby will call Jaune out (since he's still her beloved uncle).

        Loading editor
    • TheMidnightDreary wrote:

      Sentry 616 wrote:

      their best chance might be

      I agree with what you are saying and even put my own thoughts of the idea on the other v4 ep 8 thread, but the first problem is that from the looks of it tyrian headed back to salem and team RNJR has no way to find him. second problem would be;

      qrow: try to take my booze see what happens.

      I didn't say there was a high chance of success, but it seems to be one of the best options from what we've seen.

        Loading editor
    • WC-83 wrote:
      Huh, I didn't hear her name, but I wonder if she'll be an important character outside of her role as an assassin/spy (or even after this volume).

      Speaking of which, I have a feeling this volume's going to end with Qrow dying, probably before they get to Mistral. If Jaune is still salty at Qrow, I wonder if Ruby will call Jaune out (since he's still her beloved uncle).

      link to it right hear

        Loading editor
    • I gotta say, I really disliked Blake in that last scene. Slapping and throwing possessions isn't okay, and she didn't even hear Sun out. I'm a bit concerned she might even take credit for noticing the spy first (even though she didn't).

      I'm also wondering if something is going to happen to Sun. A lot of people think Ghira or Kali are going to die (which I speculate, too), but I think Sun is likely too.

      I'm wondering if the spy was there for actual spying, luring Blake and Sun away from the house, or luring Blake to something. 

        Loading editor
    • Blake is basically just revealing herself to be a spoiled brat, which is pretty much the opposite of how fans perceived her initially. We all know who most labeled a spoiled brat, even though all evidence points to the contrary now.

        Loading editor
    • To be fair, Sun is basically a living monkey wrench in her current storyline.

        Loading editor
      • slow clap for stealth pun.*


      Tearable-puns (1)

      As always.

        Loading editor
    • I'm talking about Blake's whole story. Just like they haven't given us any cause to believe the Faunus experience any serious racism, they haven't given us any reason to sympathize with Blake's situation. We are told essentially that Blake lives in a country for her own people, raised by loving parents who are deeply understanding and apparently able to provide for her well beyond the average person Faunus or human, yet she still turned against her parents and has a generally sour attitude towards everyone. So far, the storyline for Weiss have given us every reason to sympathize with her. Being irritable in the beginning of the series can now pretty much be written off as a product of an extremely challenged upbringing worse than any of the others except in a shallow material sense. A father who is controlling and abusive, a mother who is physically present yet emotionally absent, with the only family member present and caring being essentially driven away by the environment.

        Loading editor
    • She is dealing with a lot right now and feels that Sun isn't really helping with bringing up the white fang. Not to mention he had just intruded on her and her father's conversation which was bring up a lot of emotions.

        Loading editor
    • Honestly I wouldn't describe Blake as sour towards anyone before V4 barring when she went into overdrive hunting for information on the WF during the dance arc in V2. Yes, she got mad at Weiss for being kinda racist (not that she didn't have legitimate justifications for being that way), but to be fair she was a member of the people she was disparaging. And for whatever reason, she seemed to genuinely believe in the cause of the WF before Adam started going all Final Solution on everyone. Her having a privledged background doesn't mean she's incapable of seeing the plight of her race as a whole.

      And now the irritability can be written off as being because A) Sun genuinely has no right to be where he is right now. I completely understand and respect why he came along, but that doesn't change the fact that he doesn't belong there. and B) she got stabbed and watched her best friend get mutilated before her very eyes by her abusive ex-boyfriend, so she's kinda dealing with some major shit and is on the jumpy side.

        Loading editor
    • I do like that there's lots of contrasts between Blake and Weiss...it gives us a whole other layer to analyze them. They're not so different, despite coming from two VERY distinct worlds.

      Still, I found myself not liking Blake as much as I have in previous seasons. Maybe I just don't like seeing Sun getting slapped for comedic effect after watching Weiss take a slap from an abusive father. Rubbed me the wrong way. Seriously Blake, I get that Sun's an idiot, [I don't really like him that much either, Ghira] but come on.

      A little listening wouldn't hurt, especially if he's looking out for your best interests by following you, as creepy as that is.

        Loading editor
    • I see the two Brothers as more like Mata Nui and Makuta from Bionicle.

        Loading editor
    • Seum Dwa21 wrote:
      I see the two Brothers as more like Mata Nui and Makuta from Bionicle.

      Memories....

        Loading editor
    • Seum Dwa21 wrote:
      I see the two Brothers as more like Mata Nui and Makuta from Bionicle.

      I have not heard of bionicles in a long time.

        Loading editor
    • So Ghira is unaware of why Blake left her friends.

      It kind of seems that Blake didn't tell her parents or Sun that she and Adam used to date.

      I wonder if they will hear it from her mouth or Adam's.

        Loading editor
    • Well Ghira and Kali are aware of Adam and his extreme views, so it's entirely possible that they're aware of it. Sun on the other hand... yeah, no.

        Loading editor
    • I will assume that they don't know until the series proves me wrong.

      I mean, even though they apparently didn't know that the White Fang was at the Fall of Beacon, they didn't react with surprise when they were told that Adam was leading a splinter group, despite the fact that he used to date their daughter. 

      Personally, I see something along these lines happening:

      Kali: ...Wait, Blake, didn't you used to like that guy?

      Sun: (Spits drink).

      Blake: Actually, I kind of used to...date that guy.

      Ghira: What?

        Loading editor
    • I thought Ghira was referring to Team RWBY when he asked why Blake left her friends. They already established that he was right about the WF being too violent, so he doesn't have a reason to ask why she left the organization.

        Loading editor
    • I meant Team RWBY as well.

        Loading editor
    • Seum Dwa21 wrote: I see the two Brothers as more like Mata Nui and Makuta from Bionicle.

      That brings me back to my childhood. Getting back on track, the fact that the God who created grim also helped create humanity helps explain something's and brings up a question. If the grim were originally created to destroy all life, why do they only target humans and Fanus now?

      That said I can now see why the grim are attracted to negative emotions. It's because they strengthen and grow the darkness's within humans.And the grim likely hunt humans for the darkness within them.

      -Defcon Deceiver

        Loading editor
    • On the bionicle reference, in canon makuta was more like cinder (except in the reboot), so using karazani and artakha might be more fitting if a totally more obscure reference.

        Loading editor
    • Near the end of Bionicle, Makuta ended up more like Salem, being at the head of the Brotherhood of Makuta.

      I have a feeling Ghira and Kali don't know about Blake and Adam's relationship, especially with how abusive it became.

        Loading editor
    • Why is this so funny? I'm dying XD

        Loading editor
    • PisceanWaterbender wrote:
      I do like that there's lots of contrasts between Blake and Weiss...it gives us a whole other layer to analyze them. They're not so different, despite coming from two VERY distinct worlds.

      Still, I found myself not liking Blake as much as I have in previous seasons. Maybe I just don't like seeing Sun getting slapped for comedic effect after watching Weiss take a slap from an abusive father. Rubbed me the wrong way. Seriously Blake, I get that Sun's an idiot, [I don't really like him that much either, Ghira] but come on.

      A little listening wouldn't hurt, especially if he's looking out for your best interests by following you, as creepy as that is.

      Yeah, Sun really shouldn't be there. But honestly, I find it very hard to believe Blake would throw away his phone. It's very out of character. I mean she does know Adam and that he told her he would destroy everything she loved (or something like that), so it seems logical he would have spies

        Loading editor
    • I'm half expecting Sun to die by the end of this Volume.

        Loading editor
    • I never hated Blake so much. Literally 20 before she was like I don't want to fight the White Fang. Sees the spy then chases after her. Like WTF. Plus Sun is literally the only one who is thinking straight. He was warning her that the White Fang are here in Menagerie and Blake isn't listening. Like does she not remember Adam's vow to destroy everything she loves. Sun knows that they can't be sitting around having tea parties. Everyone else is working hard to get back into the field and she is just chillin at home.

        Loading editor
    • TheQueenJess wrote:
      Sun knows that they can't be sitting around having tea parties. Everyone else is working hard to get back into the field and she is just chillin at home.

      I do understand that. Still, Sun has no real right to be there, especially because she went with the sole purpose of visiting her family for some rest and recooperation. She needed to "sort some things out," whatever that might entail. Still, I think Sun started to get through to her when they saw the spy, and that's why Blake went after her, even though that wouldn't have happened if she hadn't done a slight character break.


      She doesn't want to fight them, but it feels like she has to, and she understands that just as much as Sun does. Plus, with this new turn of events, Sun might be able to convince Ghira to calm down and not hate him as much if he returns safely with his daughter.


      I wouldn't necessarily say everyone. Yang was moping and being depressed for 6-8 months, and even during Episodes 3 and 4 she was still moping about. But she got back up and is beginning to try to accept her status and desire to become a Huntress. Blake has the same situation in front of her regardign the White Fang, and she's choosing to take action over staying at home, where she thought her parents would hate her for things said in the past.

        Loading editor
    • Arkantos95 wrote:
      Honestly I wouldn't describe Blake as sour towards anyone before V4 barring when she went into overdrive hunting for information on the WF during the dance arc in V2. Yes, she got mad at Weiss for being kinda racist (not that she didn't have legitimate justifications for being that way), but to be fair she was a member of the people she was disparaging. And for whatever reason, she seemed to genuinely believe in the cause of the WF before Adam started going all Final Solution on everyone. Her having a privledged background doesn't mean she's incapable of seeing the plight of her race as a whole.

      And now the irritability can be written off as being because A) Sun genuinely has no right to be where he is right now. I completely understand and respect why he came along, but that doesn't change the fact that he doesn't belong there. and B) she got stabbed and watched her best friend get mutilated before her very eyes by her abusive ex-boyfriend, so she's kinda dealing with some major shit and is on the jumpy side.

      Blake's whole thing is being a sour puss. Her very first interaction was to give Weiss crap and she probably did that more because Weiss is a Schnee then because of some personal annoyance with her behavior. Then you had her first interaction with Yang where she rudely rejected her and Ruby at first. It was all okay with the belief that Blake had some legitimate cause for her attitude, but now it just seems as if she's a brat. At 12 years old she was cruel to her parents for "abandoning the cause" and ran off. She then abandons that group to become a huntress, yet makes a point of hiding her identity. Having apparently been from Menagerie where she would not have experienced any racism or discrimination and being formerly part of a group fighting for equality, her concealing her identity as a Faunus is even worse. Everything about it just makes her look like an extremely spoiled and self-centered hypocrite.

      Even her interactions with Weiss make her look bad in light of it. Part of the problem with people defending Blake and dissing Weiss is that Weiss was completely oblivious to why Blake would take offense, but the reverse was not true. Blake had every reason to know why Weiss would have such a poor opinion of the White Fang and not be amenable to hear about how they're just misunderstood. Yet now we can say it is even more than that as Weiss had a family environment that is just the complete opposite of Blake's situation. Blake had a good loving family that treated her well and she then heartlessly ditched them to go fight "bad guys" in increasingly immoral ways. Weiss had to deal with being essentially beset by terrorists targeting her for her family and not because of anything she actually did wrong, while being part of her family is itself apparently like being held captive by a terrorist. Makes me think a lot of Blake's hostility towards Weiss at that point is now more about feeling ashamed and not being able to face it, which makes it worse.

        Loading editor
    • I'm still iffy about whether or not faunus experience racism that often. 

      Whatever reason we have for not seeing much of it (perhaps Vale is just the most toleratent place?), we don't get to see anything to warrant Blake's or Adam's views. Heck, Sun is from Vacuo, studied at Haven, and spent a semister at Vale without ever once mentioning racism thrown against him despite going between three countries. 

      But then, it is possible it's like what Ozpin said, and attitudes are just changing. You'd be surprised how quickly opinions can go unpopular or popular. It's possible that ten years ago, it was 'popular' to descriminate against faunus with leaders that either encouraged or ignored it. Then new leders came in, and it was 'unpopular' to decriminate. It's not that the racists changed their minds, it's just not socially accepted to express those opinions anymore. 

      Also, Devil's Advocate, I do wonder about Menagerie haing racism. Racism can be expressed to a majority, look at South Africa, or anywhere really. Again, possible Menagerie has a human population, but we haven't seen it yet for... reasons... and they did descrimiate against faunus. Panthar Dad only came to power 5-6 years ago, perhaps it was a different government type?

      But yes, to me Blake is pretty much becoming what most people's first impressions of Weiss was in Volume 1. 

        Loading editor
    • It's clear that Oz agreed with Blake. So do her parents in the sense of agreeing there is still a problem. They just don't agree with the white fang methods. I know we probably should have seen more concrete evidence now (although we do know that more often that not Faunus are used when it comes to work), but it seems like RT was really never interested in making that an issue. Just that it exists, and now let's deal with the white fang

        Loading editor
    • Torchwick thought the White Fang and Faunus in general were animals. Cardin had similar views and students did raise their hands when asked if their Faunus roots were ever discriminated against. I suspect we'll see more once the White Fang/Hazel stuff takes off.

      With Sun: According to Qrow Vacuo has a different culture as the basic attitude is that if you can survive there then the people there are cool with you. I don't think we know if he ventured outside of Haven much while he was there. Sun would be a first year student so he would still be new to the area. We don't see if Sun encountered Cardin in Beacon but I'm sure he was aware of him and others like him. His personality just has him being less intense about it than Blake. At least so far.

      Blake was definitely unpleasant to watch when she interacted with Sun this episode. Sun is impulsive and awkward but he was trying to help her with something he knows is freaking her out. She couldn't sleep, eat or focus on anything besides the WF before the dance in VOL. 2, he knows it's a big concern for her. I'm not sure how much he knows about the Adam/Yang encounter but he has some idea since he mentions the WF hurting her friends. While Blake said she wanted to sort things out she also made it clear that she was concerned with her family still having a connection to the WF.  Sun already stated on the boat that he thinks they might come after her.

      So for her to ignore all that, not even look at his evidence and lash out? I didn't like it and I'm really looking into past interactions now to reconsider her character. Blake does come off worse than Weiss for her past behavior and I also remember when they were at Mount Glenn and she was asked how she'd solve the wrongs she sees in the world. She doesn't know how while Weiss at least had an idea of following Nick 's example. That confusion isn't helping her make good choices especially since she has the whole running away from the problem thing. 

      I don't know where RT will take this aggressiveness towards Sun but to me it seems like an opportunity to explore her past problems with Adam. It's been brought up a few times that her father (and mom) are more passive/peaceful than the WF.  It was also brought up that she was going down the wrong path and her friends helped her. Their not with her now and she was already paranoid before Sun showed up. Blake also slaps him away from her father leading me to believe he wouldn't approve despite not liking Sun.

      I liked when Qrow said he was concerned about all of them since his introduction to Pyrrha always bugged me. Qrow dismissed JNR and basically said she was carrying them. Since then he's been watching them and gotten to know them better. I definitely think Qrow saw Jaune watching the Pyrrha video.

      Was Qrow intentionally referencing the fact Jaune has a great grandfather that was a hero in the Great War? 

      Weird thought but it came up when I was thinking of the importance of the number 4 but was there supposed to be symbolism with the way they sat on four logs ? A possible visual of the relics ?

        Loading editor
    • NeoVelociraptorDelta wrote:
      I'm half expecting Sun to die by the end of this Volume.

      nah. If they did, you would then have to deal with his team and their angst who are btw in Mistral, so they would almsot certainly encounter Rwby and co.  I seriously doubt RT wants to devote the time and effort to dvleoping scarlet and Sage and I don't want to see a megagroup that only contians one of the title characters(maybe two as I feel either weiss or yang will join rnjr by the end of the season).


        Loading editor
    • If anyone's gonna die it's Qrow. It'd be another thing to trouble her in her quest to find the truth.

        Loading editor
    • Honestly, I think it's too soon to kill Qrow. And dying that way is so disappointing. 

      I have been expecting Sun or Blake's parents (at least, one of them) to die. If Sun dies, the rest of team SSSN is not going to appear until they get kinda over it, that way they won't have to develop them. And why would they focus on them. It's one thing to focus on each member of team RWBY, they are the mains characters, but Team SSSN, with the exception of Sun, RT hasn't cared about any of them. even Neptune seems to be there more for Sun than his own character

        Loading editor
    • The Devil's Advocate WP wrote:

      Even her interactions with Weiss make her look bad in light of it. Part of the problem with people defending Blake and dissing Weiss is that Weiss was completely oblivious to why Blake would take offense, but the reverse was not true. Blake had every reason to know why Weiss would have such a poor opinion of the White Fang and not be amenable to hear about how they're just misunderstood. Yet now we can say it is even more than that as Weiss had a family environment that is just the complete opposite of Blake's situation. Blake had a good loving family that treated her well and she then heartlessly ditched them to go fight "bad guys" in increasingly immoral ways. Weiss had to deal with being essentially beset by terrorists targeting her for her family and not because of anything she actually did wrong, while being part of her family is itself apparently like being held captive by a terrorist. Makes me think a lot of Blake's hostility towards Weiss at that point is now more about feeling ashamed and not being able to face it, which makes it worse.

      Depends on how pubilc the SDC is with attacks on high ranking employees.Its possible that they covered it up to save face.

        Loading editor
    • Terminus99 wrote:
      So Ghira is unaware of why Blake left her friends.

      It kind of seems that Blake didn't tell her parents or Sun that she and Adam used to date.

      I wonder if they will hear it from her mouth or Adam's.


      Do we know for certain Adam and Blake dated?

      I mean, I do think they did. But I also find the idea terribly creepy. Because Adam looks so much older than Blake that there is no way he wasn't a grown adult while Blake was merely a teen.

        Loading editor
    • If you're wondering about his age, Barbara and Arryn estimate that his age should be around 23, which would make him around 5 years older than Blake, if we assume that she is already 18.

      Still, his age hasn't been officially confirmed yet, so he could easily be 20 or 26 for all we know.

      And to answer your question, yes, it has been confirmed that they used to date.

        Loading editor
    • 69.138.248.186 wrote:

      Blake was definitely unpleasant to watch when she interacted with Sun this episode. Sun is impulsive and awkward but he was trying to help her with something he knows is freaking her out. She couldn't sleep, eat or focus on anything besides the WF before the dance in VOL. 2, he knows it's a big concern for her. I'm not sure how much he knows about the Adam/Yang encounter but he has some idea since he mentions the WF hurting her friends. While Blake said she wanted to sort things out she also made it clear that she was concerned with her family still having a connection to the WF.  Sun already stated on the boat that he thinks they might come after her.

      So for her to ignore all that, not even look at his evidence and lash out? I didn't like it and I'm really looking into past interactions now to reconsider her character. Blake does come off worse than Weiss for her past behavior and I also remember when they were at Mount Glenn and she was asked how she'd solve the wrongs she sees in the world. She doesn't know how while Weiss at least had an idea of following Nick 's example. That confusion isn't helping her make good choices especially since she has the whole running away from the problem thing.

      I do think it is possible to make her character a bit better, but that requires something serious. We need some indication that she saw or experienced serious problems with racism towards the Faunus, even if only while she was part of the White Fang. Barring that she needs to have done some serious stuff while in the White Fang. Already it is established that the White Fang killed people, and if Blake were involved in killing people then it might make her somewhat more sympathetic. Doing that really gives you the idea of her having got in way over her head and it was callous disregard for innocent civilians that finally turned her against them. This would go a long way towards making her sour attitude and insensitivity more tolerable.

        Loading editor
    • Part of it for me would be for her to dial back the anger she expresses towards Sun. Seriously that second slapping scene upset me more than the Weiss one because I knew her dad was a jerk and expected it. Blake seems to have a habit of going extreme when she's upset. First with her parents when she left, then her obsession with Torchwick/WF prior to the dance now this.

      I got the impression Blake was either leaving before she killed someone or had seen and felt responsible for not stopping Adam from killing in the past during the Black trailer. I think she probably beat up some innocent people, we know she stole dust at least and she likely did the things she told Sun about when she first explained the WF to him. This does need to be addressed more as it's so vague now. I agree that she needs to be more sympathetic as it seems like she was just rebelling against her parents. Her fear of revealing herself as a Faunus was a huge part of her character which seemed to stem from fear. I assumed it had to do with past experiences but that's unclear right now.

        Loading editor
    • I think that the power of the maidens comes from the relic and back then ozpin(or one of his previous lives) had possession of all 4 of them. The reason he gave them away is most likely(from my point of view) was the arrival of salem so knowing that one slip up would cost him his life. he formed the schools so when salem comes it won't be just him shes has to fight but pretty much all of the rising stars of the huntsman community.

      I think the relics might be the reason why he can move host to host. This would explain a lot as he likely did not want the relics to fall into the hands of people who would use it so his knowledge and personality would travel to the next guy and he then would take up the responsibilty. It would explain why the wizard in the story was callous as he lived for who knows how long and for how many lives protecting the relics all alone.

        Loading editor
    • Unless it's been said already, but who else thinks that the two brothers might be a huge nod/hint/reference/whatever to the in-RWBYverse fairy tale "The Tale of the Two Brothers"??

        Loading editor
    • It's a strong posibility

        Loading editor
    • 2.80.223.52 wrote:
      Honestly, I think it's too soon to kill Qrow. And dying that way is so disappointing. 

      I have been expecting Sun or Blake's parents (at least, one of them) to die. If Sun dies, the rest of team SSSN is not going to appear until they get kinda over it, that way they won't have to develop them. And why would they focus on them. It's one thing to focus on each member of team RWBY, they are the mains characters, but Team SSSN, with the exception of Sun, RT hasn't cared about any of them. even Neptune seems to be there more for Sun than his own character

      Yeah my thoughts exactly. Mentioned that above. Sun is the only member of that team who is even a secondary character. The rest of his team was really only introduced to flesh him out and add to that Weiss/Jaune/Pyrrha arc in Volume 2. 

      As for Qrow, I don't think he will die, but he will be put out of comission for a while. 

      This is for two reasons

      1. Is there a single one of us who didn't think Tyrian stinger was venomous? The fact not a single one of them considered that was just embarassing and pitiful, and to kill off a relatively important and powerful character in so stupid a manner is just dumb.

      2. Moreover, Qrow literally just replaced Ozpin as leader of his group(yes I know Ozpin is not dead, but the other charcters don't). This means that Ruby will get ozpin's cane, etc. and seems to put way too much pressure. Also, if he dies, Ruby will have lost two of her primary authoirty figures in the span of a year as well as two good friends. We don't need more angst character reponse for her. The opportunity was already provided post Volume 3, there needs to be a pause an use of a different character development mechanism before retuning to it.



        Loading editor
    • I think Adam was the one Sun saw, and the spy in the trees is sister Ilia. As for Qrow, I want to see what he and Raven discussed when he went for his "walk". They are still too far from Mistral for help, but maybe Raven gave him something or her tribe is nearby.

        Loading editor
    • 69.138.248.186 wrote:
      Part of it for me would be for her to dial back the anger she expresses towards Sun. Seriously that second slapping scene upset me more than the Weiss one because I knew her dad was a jerk and expected it. Blake seems to have a habit of going extreme when she's upset. First with her parents when she left, then her obsession with Torchwick/WF prior to the dance now this.

      I got the impression Blake was either leaving before she killed someone or had seen and felt responsible for not stopping Adam from killing in the past during the Black trailer. I think she probably beat up some innocent people, we know she stole dust at least and she likely did the things she told Sun about when she first explained the WF to him. This does need to be addressed more as it's so vague now. I agree that she needs to be more sympathetic as it seems like she was just rebelling against her parents. Her fear of revealing herself as a Faunus was a huge part of her character which seemed to stem from fear. I assumed it had to do with past experiences but that's unclear right now.

      I honestly don't think slapping Sun was necessary. I don't think he was eavesdropping either since he was talking to Blake's mom and just came back from the market. Also his intentions weren't to spy on Blake but to warn her that the White Fang ar here in Menagerie and she needs to deal with it. But Blake just isn't listening. She takes Sun and her friends for granted a lot and just continously makes the wrong decisions. I question why I even ship BlackSun because of how much I hate Blake as a character.

        Loading editor
    • Blake in general is just exasperated at Sun for tagging along with her on what was supposed to be pretty much a quiet sabbatical to clear her head. Her slapping him is for comedic effect. It doesn't help that Sun barged in as she was sharing very raw feelings with her father and Sun interrupted them. And he's been rather in your face in everything too (Blake hasn't had many oppurtunities to smile in Sun's presence, had she not been glum anyway).

      Sun's biggest contributions are much more subtle too, only truly heartwarming in hindsight. Had he not stowed-away, the ship Blake was on would probably have sunk (or sustained massive damage). And had he not convinced Blake to knock on the door when she did, she might not have or waited a long time (after Fennec and Corsac have made their report, which she wouldn't have been there for). But again, it's only 20/20 in hindsight.

        Loading editor
    • My general impression of Blake right now is: "Girl, CHILLLLLLLLLLL."

      _


      Random thought: what if RNJR takes a detour to take Qrow to a village where he can get medical attention? And it happens to be Jaune's village? Or Oscar's? Or both?

        Loading editor
    • Oscar is in Mistral proper, or at least that's the way it seemed to me.

        Loading editor
    • @Metallic: Agreed. If you came to relax, you need to keep your head about you. Don't slap your ally and force him to lose his only method of communication, lest he get separated.

      Also, that would be a hella convenient solution, even for the way most shows take things.


      @Arkantos: That's a possibility, but Kingdom borders have never been super clearly defined, so it depends on one's definition of "Mistral proper." Within the kingdom's large borders? Certainly. The main city in Mistral (which could be considered Mistral proper)? Seems too rural and too far inland for that to be the case.

        Loading editor
    • 69.138.248.186 wrote:

      I got the impression Blake was either leaving before she killed someone or had seen and felt responsible for not stopping Adam from killing in the past during the Black trailer. I think she probably beat up some innocent people, we know she stole dust at least and she likely did the things she told Sun about when she first explained the WF to him. This does need to be addressed more as it's so vague now. I agree that she needs to be more sympathetic as it seems like she was just rebelling against her parents. Her fear of revealing herself as a Faunus was a huge part of her character which seemed to stem from fear. I assumed it had to do with past experiences but that's unclear right now.

      I have several times since the end of Volume 1 put forward the idea that Blake had killed people while in the White Fang. There is some reasont to believe that is the case and part of what helps that is Blake being so cagey about the group's actions. Her explanation to Sun in Volume 1 never mentioned them killing people, let alone that she personally saw people getting killed as she later mentions in Volume 3 to Yang. Not to mention the way she explained it to Yang was sort of odd in a way that made it seem like she supported Adam's killing at a certain point. Roman made that rather suggestive remark in Volume 2 as well and the fact Adam was working with Torchwick through Cinder means he may have been clued in on a few things about Blake.

        Loading editor
    • Arkantos95 wrote:
      Oscar is in Mistral proper, or at least that's the way it seemed to me.

      I'm not so sure.

        Loading editor
    • PisceanWaterbender wrote: @Metallic: Also, that would be a hella convenient solution, even for the way most shows take things.

      I mean, the options right now are:

      1) Qrow dies (I maintain my opinion it's too early for him to).

      2) They just happen to run into someone who can help.

      3) Someone who can help somehow knows about it and finds them in time (the only one I can think off would be Raven/the tribe).

      4) They deliberately go out looking for help (and since they recently passed a villague Jaune's family used to vacation at, why not have his family residence be in the area? Or, since Oscar is also supposed to go to Haven, why not take the chance for their roads to converge?)

        Loading editor
    • You're forgetting that there is logic which supports the idea that Tyrian might have the antivenom on him, which means a riveting, desperate fight is ahead.

        Loading editor
    • What if Tyrian is captured by Raven's tribe?

        Loading editor
    • Sentry 616 wrote:
      You're forgetting that there is logic which supports the idea that Tyrian might have the antivenom on him, which means a riveting, desperate fight is ahead.

      Why would Tyrian have the antivenom? He has no reason to do so, he doesn't seem the type either, and if you mean biologically...scorpions don't carry antivenom inside them. I don't think any venomous creature does.

        Loading editor
    • I know they don't naturally have antivenom, but he was sent on a capture mission and he was going to try to sting Ruby, so it's possible he has some on his person, even if that isn't his mormal style. Even if he doesn't they could still chase after him under the assumption he does.

        Loading editor
    • If Tyrian's poison is lethal like many assume it to be, seeing as how he was told to bring Ruby back alive yet was planning to sting the poor girl with it, then following that train of logic, he likely wanted to pierce Ruby with his stinger, spreading the venom throughout her body quicker than that of the graze with Qrow, which took 8-12 hours to spread, incapacitating her. Then he'd probably run off carrying her, and to save her life for his dear Goddess, administer the antivenom. Holds up, no?

        Loading editor
    • Sentry 616 wrote:
      I know they don't naturally have antivenom, but he was sent on a capture mission and he was going to try to sting Ruby,

      Remember scorpions can control how much venom they inject. I'm perfectly sure Tyrian was going to only inject enough venom in Ruby to incapacitate, not to kill her.

        Loading editor
    • Raven showing up to help would be interesting for a number of reasons, but that clashes with how her character has been portrayed up to this point. I think Raven may not be as horrible as we are led to believe, however it is a bit soon to suddenly reveal that she isn't all bad. During World of Remnant they talked about villages outside the Kingdoms sometimes being well-protected and we only sort of got a glimpse of one earlier, but I was hoping to see more of that environment. Personally, getting Qrow to some city or well-defended village is more likely than someone stumbling on them.

        Loading editor
    • I don't really view her as horrible even with the information we have on her. As far as I'm concerned, her actions aren't immoral, they're amoral. Don't get me wrong, I take issue with the whole "burn and pillage" thing as much as the next guy, but Remmnant outside the kingdoms is a dangerous place and the areas defensible enough to make staving off the Grimm a possiblity are limited. Bandit tribes stealing and, unfortunately, killing in order to survive are an inevitability.

        Loading editor
    • Raven showing up seems to be the only way to save Qrow that doesn't seem too farfetched. She seems to have eyes on her family whether their hers or her tribe acting as the birds we see. This also creates problems that can move the story along. Qrow might be forced to explain the tribe which could create more tension. 

      Ruby would be seeing what Yang 's mom is doing and the tribe of killers and thieves might make her more upset that she doesn't know so much about Qrow. Jaune would probably be pissed to learn these are the people that destroyed a village he loved from his childhood. It would also tie into Ren (maybe Nora too) having that reaction to the imprint on the ground. Qrow did mention someone strong Raven had on her side. This also means Qrow can't explain some things because he doesn't want Raven to overhear that information. If he has the relic (if it's the cane) he'll have to hide it too.

        Loading editor
    • The problem is that, however interesting it would be, they have set up Raven's character as someone who wouldn't just swoop in and save someone for being family. Only way this works is if Raven puts a hefty price on it. Even if her true nature is much nicer than currently portrayed, that needs to be kept a mystery for now until we see more of her character.

        Loading editor
    • Either that or she or someone else in the tribe owes him one.

        Loading editor
    • Or, Raven actually showing up is just another case of Bad Luck for Qrow and/or RNJR.

        Loading editor
    • What if Raven only appears after he dies to take his body, maybe right in front of Ruby, not considering her family. Maybe Ruby ends up following her through the portal.

      With RT's writing, probably won't happen.

        Loading editor
    • Sorry I'm late, thread's up.

      http://rwby.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:458962

        Loading editor
    • The Devil's Advocate WP wrote:
      Arkantos95 wrote:
      Honestly I wouldn't describe Blake as sour towards anyone before V4 barring when she went into overdrive hunting for information on the WF during the dance arc in V2. Yes, she got mad at Weiss for being kinda racist (not that she didn't have legitimate justifications for being that way), but to be fair she was a member of the people she was disparaging. And for whatever reason, she seemed to genuinely believe in the cause of the WF before Adam started going all Final Solution on everyone. Her having a privledged background doesn't mean she's incapable of seeing the plight of her race as a whole.

      And now the irritability can be written off as being because A) Sun genuinely has no right to be where he is right now. I completely understand and respect why he came along, but that doesn't change the fact that he doesn't belong there. and B) she got stabbed and watched her best friend get mutilated before her very eyes by her abusive ex-boyfriend, so she's kinda dealing with some major shit and is on the jumpy side.

      Blake's whole thing is being a sour puss. Her very first interaction was to give Weiss crap and she probably did that more because Weiss is a Schnee then because of some personal annoyance with her behavior. Then you had her first interaction with Yang where she rudely rejected her and Ruby at first. It was all okay with the belief that Blake had some legitimate cause for her attitude, but now it just seems as if she's a brat. At 12 years old she was cruel to her parents for "abandoning the cause" and ran off. She then abandons that group to become a huntress, yet makes a point of hiding her identity. Having apparently been from Menagerie where she would not have experienced any racism or discrimination and being formerly part of a group fighting for equality, her concealing her identity as a Faunus is even worse. Everything about it just makes her look like an extremely spoiled and self-centered hypocrite.

      Even her interactions with Weiss make her look bad in light of it. Part of the problem with people defending Blake and dissing Weiss is that Weiss was completely oblivious to why Blake would take offense, but the reverse was not true. Blake had every reason to know why Weiss would have such a poor opinion of the White Fang and not be amenable to hear about how they're just misunderstood. Yet now we can say it is even more than that as Weiss had a family environment that is just the complete opposite of Blake's situation. Blake had a good loving family that treated her well and she then heartlessly ditched them to go fight "bad guys" in increasingly immoral ways. Weiss had to deal with being essentially beset by terrorists targeting her for her family and not because of anything she actually did wrong, while being part of her family is itself apparently like being held captive by a terrorist. Makes me think a lot of Blake's hostility towards Weiss at that point is now more about feeling ashamed and not being able to face it, which makes it worse.

      YES!That's what I keep saying about her to my pals but they cover it by saying <But Weiss was RIICH!

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.