FANDOM


  • When the huge Grimm dragon bursts out of the mountain the moon seems to conveniently be above the mountain.

    so it got me thinking Perhaps the Grimm dragon caused the moon's partial destruction, and was maybe captured and sealed in the mountain due to that?

    (that last part is a bit of a stretch though)

      Loading editor
    • You think that the dragon has anything to do with the moon? HAHAHA no. The moon is bigger than a mountain.

      But there seem to be parallels. A giant Grimm bursts out of the Moon like the Dragon did out of the mountain? Yea, pretty plausible.

      (This question would probably be more suitable for the General Discussion or Speculation board, but eh.)

        Loading editor
    • It is more suitable for Speculation.  I'm moving it so it's more accessible to people who want to speculate about this sort of thing.

      As for the topic itself; it would be interesting if the moon got broken by a giant Grimm bursting out of it. Though my question would be; where is it now?

        Loading editor
    • If the Grimm can screw over a moon then Remnant is in a lot more trouble than previously thought. 

      - Surana 

        Loading editor
    • @SpiritedDreaming Under the sea?

        Loading editor
    • The space Grimm, which is large enough to blow a hole in the moon so completely that depending on which way the moon is facing determines the phases of the moon, instead of attacking the Humans from the air and basically razing the planet and destroying everything in order to wipe out humanity, is hiding under the sea while the Humans and Faunus quite cheerfully fly over it?

      If it is, I hope they have a good reason for why it hasn't woken up yet.

        Loading editor
    • You would think that Space Grimm would just ram the planet a few dozen times and put an end to humanity right then and there. No need for Breaches and other things. 

      Unless, of course, Space Grimm doesn't want to do that because it's perfectly aware there are other Grimm on the planet in question, and they need a place to live after they finish killing off all other life. 

      - Surana 

        Loading editor
    • The reason would most likely be similar to why the Grimm Dragon had only woken up recently. Humanity is not scared enough. Yet.

        Loading editor
    • @Surana

      But it doesn't need to worry about the other Grimm, it only needs to make sure it doesn't kill the Grimm Dragon, and other Grimm of it's type, which spawns more Grimm. Plus, it comes from the moon. I don't think it needs Remnant to live. If it does destroy everything, it can just go find another planet to terrorise.

        Loading editor
    • Uh, no. What I meant was, assuming the Grimm care about the other Grimm, or at the very least view them as being somewhat useful, Space Grimm most likely realized it can't pull the 'blow planet up' trick on account of friendly fire, and that's why it hasn't blown the planet up yet because there's too many of it's species on it.   

      - Surana 

        Loading editor
    • SpiritedDreaming wrote:
      The space Grimm, which is large enough to blow a hole in the moon so completely that depending on which way the moon is facing determines the phases of the moon, instead of attacking the Humans from the air and basically razing the planet and destroying everything in order to wipe out humanity, is hiding under the sea while the Humans and Faunus quite cheerfully fly over it?

      If it is, I hope they have a good reason for why it hasn't woken up yet.

      Heavy sleeper? Ancient prophecy? Bad alarm clock? Maybe it's having a very spirited dream...

        Loading editor
    • JadenLan wrote: My carousel horse sweater should make me look like a toddler, but no. I look hot and smart. 

      I think Space Grimm isn't around at the moment because Professor Ozpin defeated it with the power of coffee-fueled awesomeness and it's still recovering from it's injuries. 

      - Surana 

        Loading editor
    • The very movement of such a massive would be catastrophic. It's very presence would be a disaster due to it's sheer mass, and that same mass would make it virtually indestructible. You would need dozens of Tsar bombs to kill a Grimm of that size.

        Loading editor
    • then super tsar bomb for president of remnant

        Loading editor
    • Here is an idea, going to be a bit scientific on this one. What if, unlike our moon, and more like the gas giant's moons, Remnants moon was a protoplanet that got caught in the planet’s gravity sometime billions of years ago. Within that moon laid a substance, or something, and at some point the moon ruptured (would have to have been after it solidified) and that substance rained down on the planet (surviving reentry) and crated the grimm.

        Loading editor
    • The current prevelant theory is that there's the "lord Grim." and a "Goddess" Who were at war, and this is why the moon split. It's a fan theory with some support from the series. It's alot like a game I played. 

        Loading editor
    • ...That's not the prevalent theory. You are literally the only person I've seen actually pushing for it. It's a theory, but not the prevalent one.

        Loading editor
      • sarcasm 

      Oh please, the prevelant theory is that the Grimm are like Darkspawn. They just showed up and started killing one day and that's how it's been ever since. 

      - Surana 

        Loading editor
    • And now there is an Archdemon. The blight is upon Remnant.

        Loading editor
    • Surana is actually correct in this instance. It is currently more or less agreed the grimm just sort of happened at some point in history with no real explanation.

        Loading editor
    • Okay...so my sarcastic comment turned out to be a valid theory.

      I hereby unsarcastic that comment. 

      - Surana 

        Loading editor
    • Ok. but I still think having backstory characters better then "Oh the moon blew up from some gaseous element." Great science, in fact there's scientist already studying it..But that stuff is already in science fiction movies, and like Isaac Asimov's/Arthur C. Clarkes books. I bet most people would find that boring...

        Loading editor
    • My personal theory (that i'm not sure how many people follow, probably just a couple) is that they are an elementary fact of a universe which is inherently averse to sentience and/or sapience.

        Loading editor
    • That's is Grim are Aliens. They multiply by eating humans. 

        Loading editor
    • Unlikely; we've been told that grimm eat humans as a means to an end. they eat humans because it kills us.

      Besides, the dragon has definitely gone at least a few centuries without eating anyone and can still produce vast numbers of higher level grimm.

        Loading editor
    • That's the chicken and the egg argument. We could go on forever about such.

        Loading editor
    • In what way is that the chicken and the egg argument?

      (egg, just FYI. The first chicken hatched from on egg lain by a progenitor species that was not itself a chicken. SCIENCE!)

        Loading editor
    • You just figured it out how it's related. Arguments are only valid as long as they have a new point and are typically with a conclusion. Usually simple arguments are broken into 3 sentences. They also must ahve an indicator word.

        Loading editor
    • The fuck are you rambling about? None of what you just said made any logical sense.

        Loading editor
    • The argument of appeals, people often do this when they know they have lost in order to gain numners so their opponent retreats.

        Loading editor
    • Wait, you mean Pathos, Ethos, and Logos?

      The grimm dragon in no way correlates to the chicken and the egg, regardless of how I view it. Killing as a means to an end is not cyclical, as the chicken and egg argument implies, but a direct and traceable correlation.

      It feels sort of like you're jsut reading a book on how to win debates and paraphrasing quotes to try and back your own a argument.

        Loading editor
    • Another way to argue the statement one has already won. Its called knowledge. 


      Grim come from dragon. New grim = egg. Dragon = chicken. It's called substitution. 

        Loading editor
    • I am confused. This argument makes no sense.

        Loading editor
    • It stopped making sense after my comment about the darkspawn.

      - Surana 

        Loading editor
    • Except not all grimm come from the dragon. It does have the power to spawn, but those were fully grown specimen and we have seen young grimm in the past.

      I argue that they do not consume to reproduce, as one source of grimm we have seen has clearly not consumed in millenia.

      That is an antirely different argument; the solution to the chicken and egg lies in evolutionary fact, and grimm are not evolved creatures. You cannot use the same argument or try to substitute the argument as they are not parallels.

      You are definitely just quoting from a book on debate at this point, half the shit you're saying is irrelevant nonsense.

        Loading editor
    • 100.32.22.15 wrote:
      It stopped making sense after my comment about the darkspawn.

      - Surana 


      A terrifying thought to consider.

        Loading editor
    • I think there may actually be something to the whole "Moon Grimm" thing. As we've seen, some of the songs from the soundtracks have predicted actual events in the show. I the song "Die" the chorus goes:

      "Feel it everywhere and you see it growing,

      Enemies arise and the hate is flowing, Shattering the moon and bloodying the sky."

      Grimm are atracted to negative emotions like hate, so dragon grimm breaking the moon and flying around killing people would fit this line almost too well. 

      As for what happened to such a massive creature, it could be some sort of creation story for remnant.

        Loading editor
    • 100.32.22.15 wrote:
      *sarcasm 

      Oh please, the prevelant theory is that the Grimm are like Darkspawn. They just showed up and started killing one day and that's how it's been ever since. 

      - Surana 


      That's less Darkspawn and more Titans from Attack on Titan. Darkspawn at least have the whole Golden City becoming corrupted story (with proof thanks to certain characters) to back them up, Titans are still just giants that eat people for no reason, like how Grimm seem to only eat humans but don't need to. I'm sure we'll learn why the Grimm (and the Titans in their story) exist eventually, but Darkspawn sure as heck aren't mindless beasts that appeared out of nowhere >_>

        Loading editor
    • I am referring to the dwarven viewpoint on the darkspawn, since they generally (bar Caridin) don't follow the Chantry origins of the Darkspawn. 

      I never actually saw Attack on Titan so I'll just take your word for it.  

      - Surana 

        Loading editor
    • The Grimm may not be connected to the moon at all. I hearby put it to the jury that it was the first Dust users who made them. They tried to make themselves perfect by removing all their bad qualities but created the Grimm by mistake. They only told other people about Dust when the Grimm started attacking, leaving out the part where they were to blame.

      And before anyone says it, yes I know that the Legend says that the Grimm appared before Dust was discovered but there's a difference between Legend and History.

        Loading editor
    • If the grimm spread out faster than the knowledge of dust then the legend can still be considered as correct

        Loading editor
    • Speaking of Humans creating Grim. Ever since they had the World Of Remnant about the maidens I've started wondering if the histroy of the maidens might intertwine with the Grim. I started wondering if at some point in histroy the four maidens might have created the Grim or a precuror to the Grim to sniff out and destroy evil, but it got out of controll. The maiden's could have thought of such a measure after some time of people trying to kill the maidens for their power, and they would be trying to find some form of counter measure. Then when I saw Salem at the end of Volume 3 Finale and noticed her likeness to the original Winter Maiden I started honestly wondereing if there could be some weight to the maidens at some point in the past helping to create the first Grim. Then again Cinder and Blake somewhat resemble each other and they aren't evenly remotely related.

      Defcon Deceiver 

        Loading editor
    • That...makes a rather nice amount of sense. But I think that humans made a form of living dust creature, but humanity, in its greed and stupidity, tried to use the living dust but corrupted it (Dragon Age style). The basis for this type of dust came from mini pieces of the moon. This corrupted dust would turn into the Grimm and start attacking its creators, the humans.

        Loading editor
    • 129.234.0.28 wrote:
      If the grimm spread out faster than the knowledge of dust then the legend can still be considered as correct

      What I means is that a small group who discovered dust first made the first Grimms which then became self-replicating on their own. They only told others about Dust after the Grimm started attacking.

        Loading editor
    • And that's exactly what they said.

        Loading editor
    • What if the wizard who gave the maidens their power defeated the moon Grimm, and it evaporated like any other grimm??

      In fact...how do grimm "spawn"? 

      And why was the dragon grimm within a mountain? was it trapped there? If so was it because humans failed to kill it, so they trapped it instead? But trapped grimm commit suicide, so how the hell could the dragon grimm stay dormant?

      If there was a moon grimm, could there be another?

        Loading editor
    • Also...another theory.

      Grimm don't die/evaporate.

      They reincarnate...

      the death of one grimm literally spaws more grimm somewhere else.

      - Gib

        Loading editor
    • I'm guessing that Dust and Grimm are a cycle. When Dust is used the particles congregate and create or spawn Grimm and when Grimm die their particles create Dust or when the "feed" on aura it creates Dust.

      I think it is weird that that Grim take on animal forms (although obvioustly not all Grimm do) but we have yet to see a Grimm take the form a human (unless that is what Salem is). Maybe Grimm don't take on aspects of animals exactly but of what most people fear so.. when they came into being most people feared wolfs and bears in an area -> Beowolfs and Ursa. And now since Grimm are around they create more of the same type since people fear those types of Grimm. And the strange types of Grimm were created by "someone" with a fear of dragons or gryphons or whatever and they then propogate now that others fear them.

        Loading editor
    • Hey guys...

      I have just read the RWBY manga.... and something that may be relevant was mentioned.

      The schnee company has managed to create a possession type grimm.

      It was the creature she fought during the White trailer.

      so yeh...see if it's relevant.

        Loading editor
    • I assume that variety of grimm was pre-existing and they just made a bigger one by stapling a bunch together.

        Loading editor
    • I assumed that they just put a load of Grimm in a blender, then dumped the armour in

        Loading editor
    • I actually had the same theory about a possible connection between Dust and Grimm as 209.182.120.87. I hope we're wrong.

        Loading editor
    • But that can't be the case since Grimm existed before Humans ever discovered Dust.

        Loading editor
    • They probably managed to kill some Grimm without Dust.

        Loading editor
    • maybe

        Loading editor
    • My theory is that Ozpin is the old wizard( and thus immortal because the wizard says he lived in his cabin for centuries.) and Salem is the first grimm or something like royalty for grimm and she shatered the moon in a fight with Ozpin in which he uses all of whats left of his magic to seal her in a pocket dimension of some sort that's connected through the moon(possibly shattering it by sealing her) and Cinder is her only connection and is possibly trying to weaken the seal by making the grimm cause fear widespread enough to do so. it would explain Ozpins vast knowledge of legends because he lived through them, his asociation with the maidens (because of their promise to visit every year, which could be a strong enough promise to be able to cause the next maidens to seek out Ozpin), and why Salem hasen't made an attack yet (because she can't if she's sealed away.), and Cinders connection to the grimm and Salem.

      Out there I know but its what I came up with.(probably wrong though)

        Loading editor
    • 100.32.22.15 wrote:
      *sarcasm 

      Oh please, the prevelant theory is that the Grimm are like Darkspawn. They just showed up and started killing one day and that's how it's been ever since. 

      - Surana 

      At least the Darkspawn had a plausible backstory.

        Loading editor
    • Toreadorfreddy wrote: The square root of four is rainbows. 

      Well, yeah.  

      - Surana 


        Loading editor
    • Personally dust feels very similar to the substance of the same name from the games Endless Space/Legend. Given the possibility that dust consists of, basically, psychic nanites, it would make perfect sense that Grimm are simply the dust reacting to the subconscious fears of sentient beings, in a manner similar to the sci-fi classic movie Forbidden Planet.

      I'd also like to note that there is no pyhsical reason that dust in a seal container would work any differently in space. Though I suppose there could be narrative reasons. This suggests that dust was ordered (?) to not work in space. This also links up well with the fact that the people of Remnant wouldn't have wanted to launch satelites if they were aware of space Grimm. So we can probably conclude that if Grimm are constructs of dust, this is the reason there aren't any space Grimm.

      I would conclude, that while there are many implications to my theory as a whole, one is that Grimm weren't involved in the damage to the moon.

        Loading editor
    • Not the first time I've heard someone suggest that Dust is alive, but I don't really buy it. Not saying it's impossible, but it seems silly to me. I mean, I don't have a better explanation for what Dust is, but still, nanites?

      I also don't subscribe to the idea that Grimm are Dust. There is nothing to suggest any commonality between the two...

      I think the reason that there doesn't seem to be any space Grimm is because Grimm are attracted to negative feelings, and their sole motivation seems to be destroying humanity and their creations. A huge, empty, uninhabited vacuum isn't likely to attract a lot of Grimm.

      Actually, the main reason that there doesn't seem to be any space Grimm is because no one in the show has been to space. You could say the same about Oceanic Grimm. We just haven't seen anyone in that environment, so we have no evidence that they exist yet. Maybe in volume 6, they'll send Cardin in to orbit and he'll be really grumpy about it, attracting a bunch of Daalek Grimm.

        Loading editor
    • What about Borg Grimm

        Loading editor
    • Grimm don't assimilate. They EXTERMINATE, EXTERMINATE, EXTERMINATE!

        Loading editor
    • Just imagine Grimm assimilation

        Loading editor
    • Agrimmilation

        Loading editor
    • Maybe that's what would have happened to Amber if the transfer had been completed

        Loading editor
    • I put forth a theory quite a while ago that the moon itself is a creature of Grimm, sort of like the Brother moons from Dead Space 3.

      Now that I think about it, it'd be kind of badass if at some point in the distant past the pollitical climate on Remnant had gotten so bad that a moon-sized Grimm was attracted to it and introduced the Grimm to the world.  Then a massive war for survival broke out and the final battle was on such a massive scale that they managed to kill the moon-sized Grimm through sheer force, leaving only it's "shell" in orbit.  Such a war would undoubtably leave humanity in a pre-industrial state and reduce the true history of what happened to disjointed myths and legends. (Silver-eyed warriors actually being supersoldiers, the Maidens acting as defenders for the new colonies(now Kingdoms), etc. etc....)

      That's probably not why the planet's called Remnant or even true in the slightest, but that's why it's called speculation.

        Loading editor
    • Problem... Grimm evaporate when killed. If the moon was a giant Grimm that they killed, it should be long gone. I mean, for everyone to have forgotten the stories, it would have had to have happened many generations ago. Even if it takes longer to evaporate because of its size, you'd think enough time would have passed.

      Maybe it's still alive and lying dormant, but that begs the question of how one fights a moon, even if they did once have a fuel source besides Dust.

        Loading editor
    • What if the grimm that exploded out of the moon wasn't huge, but the explosion was just that powerful? For all we know, it could have been Salem, who has been kept in check by Ozpin.

      You could go down all sorts of creation myth avenues with something like that. Perhaps the Moon formed with an evil entity at its core, in response to a similar core of hope in Remnant.

        Loading editor
    • So I didn't actually read everyone's reply (sorry) but I had one thought strike me when I started at the top: this seems a lot like Legend of Dragoon (an rpg from my childhood and a lot better than FF [sue me]).

      Anyways, I'll break it down for everyone who hasn't played / doesn't remember it:

      Maidens = Dragoons (warriors with special powers)

      Grimm (normals) = the creatures you fight... normally

      Dragon Grimm (boss-like thing) = the stupid Virages that you had to kill repeatedly throughout the game. Some were more deadly than others but the maiin thing was that they had all supposed to have died in something called the dragon campaign that happened 10000 years ago or something like that. They're basically living weapons.

      Moon = Moon

      The moon thing is longer to explain so I won't do it in brackets. Basically the premise is that the moon is the final egg from this world tree thing that spawned all species in existence. This final egg is supposedly the god of destruction or whatever that will kill everything in existence in order to start new, so this ancient magic civilization sealed the egg as the "moon that never sets". Anyways, it seems as if this moon could be similar in the egg regard as it maybe started hatching and some intervention froze it and now the grimm are working to get it to continue hatching (like the virages in LOD).

      Just a random thought that I thought might be interesting. Also if this turns out to be close in whatever season we find out, then I CALLED IT!

        Loading editor
    • On the subject of Grimm/Dust connection, I'd like to point something out.

      Someone said that there is nothing to suggest such a corrolation. However, I challenge that with two things. One, there is also nothing to NOT suggest such a corrolation.

      Two...let's consult Volume 1, Episode 1's intro again. Man came into being. Man prospered for awhile, which in these types of histories usually means hundreds if not thousands of years. Man brought in a shining golden age. Then the Grimm appeared. Mankind fought against the Grimm, but they couldn't succeed. They were too powerful. But they still fought. And they must have had enough success to survive for a time. Which means they had to have inflicted casualties.

      And then, when all hope seemed lost, Mankind finally finds Dust. Dust, which hadn't been found in the previous hundreds or thousands of years. Now, suddenly, we found a bunch of it. And then "with Nature's Wrath in hand, Mankind lit their way through the darkness"...thereby killing even more Grimm. And next thing you know, Dust is everywhere. It's a common power source. An entire family has made their riches off of it.

      It's an interesting idea. One I hope isn't true. Because if it is, then that means to finally finish off the Grimm, humanity needs to kill grimm...without Dust. And kill them all.


      My own idea as to the moon's broken state, however, is simple. Dust explosion.

      I mean, look at it. Volume 1, Episode 2. Weiss shakes a small amount of powdered Dust into a small cloud...which blows up when Ruby sneezes on it.

      That is extremely volitile.

      Or, same Volume, Episode 1. Roman shoots a crystal the size of a grenade and it blows up like a freaking HE artillery shell.

      Now, think about taking an entire case of Dust and releasing it's energy. Or two cases. Or ten. Imagine the kind of explosions you could get. Explosions that could occur if you just set it down too hard.

      So, my general idea is this. After mankind pushed the Grimm back, they had their own Golden Age. A flurry of technlogical advances...which rapidly propeled them towards the stars. They made a moon landing. They made five. Then they made a moon base...which became a moon colony. Then...someone fucked up and an entire armory of Dust explodes, destroying the colony and cracking the moon.

      Or, a war breaks out again, this time between humans. It basically ends with them Dust Nuking themselves down to a pre industrial era. It could explain why such a large portion of the world is a barren desert and another one is virtually a glaicer. And why a third has a very shreded appearance to it.

      The culmination of it results in someone lobbing a Dust Nuke at the Moon, which could have caused a chain reaction, as they probably need a lot more Dust to live up on the moon than people on Remnant did. Or, there could have even been large deposits of Dust on the moon itself and the Dust Nuke, or the Dust Accident set those deposits off, cracking the moon open.

      Just a couple of ideas.


      -Bippwatt

        Loading editor
    • 184.101.216.76 wrote:
      One, there is also nothing to NOT suggest such a corrolation.

      Oh, the classical "Nothing proves X is not the case. Therefore, it is the case!" reasoning.

      And then, when all hope seemed lost, Mankind finally finds Dust. Dust, which hadn't been found in the previous hundreds or thousands of years. Now, suddenly, we found a bunch of it....  And next thing you know, Dust is everywhere. It's a common power source. An entire family has made their riches off of it.

      Many resources have been present for millenia, yet it took humanity thousands of years to find them (or at least, recognize them as a resource and not a glorified rock). Yet after they found it, it was used for many things in different areas, leading to great advances.

      Such is Dust. It's not that it literally just appeared one day out of nowhere. It's that humanity finally recognized it and it's myriad applications, and took advantage of it. It's a discovery just the same.

      My own idea as to the moon's broken state, however, is simple. Dust explosion............then they made a moon base...which became a moon colony

      Problem: Dust stops working as it leaves Remnant's atmosphere. Not explode, simply stop working. In the WoR they even stated they haven't managed to send satelites or even rockets into space because of it. Them making a moon base is simply impossible to begin with.

        Loading editor
    • SomeoneYouUsedToKnow wrote:

      Such is Dust. It's not that it literally just appeared one day out of nowhere. It's that humanity finally recognized it and it's myriad applications, and took advantage of it. It's a discovery just the same.

      To elaborate and support this idea; look what happened to our world when we discovered electricity. We went thousands of years without it, and then we discovered it and within a hundred and fifty years we literally couldn't live without it.

      The same thing happened with Dust and Remnant.

        Loading editor
    • I feel like this could be possible if very unlikely: the dragon shaped continent may have been a giant grimm dragon that could have burst out of the moon. The dragon was frozen to stone and became a continent due to its size (The grimm dragon in vale was petrified) although who could do such a thing is unsure. This would also explain why there are pools that secrete grimm in salems domain: because the giant dragon may have a few pores sticking through.

        Loading editor
    • That kinda sounds like an old Irish legend about a dragon turning into Iceland after his death, but its very unlikely

        Loading editor
    • I doubt a Grimm of that size cracked the moon leaving it, But I would not be surprised if that event created or brought Grimm to Remnant.

        Loading editor
    • Storfisk12 wrote:
      I feel like this could be possible if very unlikely: the dragon shaped continent may have been a giant grimm dragon that could have burst out of the moon. The dragon was frozen to stone and became a continent due to its size

      .....It's in the ocean.....in an obviously-horizontal position...and can be assumed has dirt, fauna and flora. The earth of that continent in itself extends to the depths of the ocean, otherwise it would be floating on the ocean's surface or sinking due to the obviously titanic weight.

      So you're telling me, XXXXX years ago, a titanic Grimm Dragon was turned to stone in a 100% horizontal position, landed in the water, and became an entire landmass with life on it?

      It's literally impossible.

      (The grimm dragon in vale was petrified)

      I thought it was trapped/sleeping inside a mountain? Or do you mean after Ruby "froze" it with her Deus Eye Machina?

        Loading editor
    • SomeoneYouUsedToKnow wrote:
      Storfisk12 wrote:
      I feel like this could be possible if very unlikely: the dragon shaped continent may have been a giant grimm dragon that could have burst out of the moon. The dragon was frozen to stone and became a continent due to its size
      .....It's in the ocean.....in an obviously-horizontal position...and can be assumed has dirt, fauna and flora. The earth of that continent in itself extends to the depths of the ocean, otherwise it would be floating on the ocean's surface or sinking due to the obviously titanic weight.

      So you're telling me, XXXXX years ago, a titanic Grimm Dragon was turned to stone in a 100% horizontal position, landed in the water, and became an entire landmass with life on it?

      It's literally impossible.


      (The grimm dragon in vale was petrified)
      I thought it was trapped/sleeping inside a mountain? Or do you mean after Ruby "froze" it with her Deus Eye Machina?

      again it is highly unlikely but yes I did mean post dues eye machina as you say. plus the geist was able to possess rocks and trees with dirt and stuff so I don't see how it wold be literally impossible.

        Loading editor
    • Storfisk12 wrote: plus the geist was able to possess rocks and trees with dirt and stuff so I don't see how it wold be literally impossible.

      ....Are you drunk? That's an ability of the Geist, practically their entire gimmick: Possess stuff. Doesn't mean shit about any of this.

      Meanwhile, with the Dragon Continent, and let me say it again: It's in the ocean, in an obviously-horizontal position, and can be assumed has dirt, fauna and flora. The earth of that continent in itself extends to the depths of the ocean, otherwise it would be sinking due to the obviously titanic weight.

      That is to say, the very idea you give for how it could've happened, is literally impossible. Even if the Dragon fought anyone and was taken for granite, the idea of it dying in a 100% horizontal position is absurd, and not sinking into the ocean is impossible due to the titanic weight.

      Trying to compare that with the Geist possessing rocks and trees, is like saying "A football player kicks a ball during a football match, so I don't see how a cardboard spaceship could not work". See the fail in logic?

        Loading editor
    • 1st of all since it's a fictional world it doesn't have to be completely bound by reakl world logic

      2nd yes I had a bit to drink

        Loading editor
    • Imo the Grimm were inside the moon and someday the moon exploded, while releasing the Grimm to the earth. That's how the Grimm first attacked the humans. And that's why Salem only knows that mankind was born from dust, because that's the first thing she learned.

      After all the moon seems to be really important later on in the series. Here's something I took from this wiki's Moon-page:

      Specific reference to the moon being shattered is also made on the RWBY: Volume 2 Soundtrack songs "Die": "Our path was clear / The moon watched safely from above", "Enemies arise and the hate is flowing / Shattering the moon and bloodying the sky" and "Sacrifice": "The moon will sadly watch the roses die."


      "Our path was clear / The moon watched safely from above" could refer to the (potential) 'golden age' of mankind before the grimm appeared. But then with wealth and good times, there are always sime bad guys who want to get more, I thought of Akame ga kill "'Enemies arise and the hate is flowing"


      "Shattering the moon and bloodying the skymeans the explosion of the moon, which released the grimm, spreading them over Remnant.


      "The moon will sadly watch the roses die." could mean that Ruby will die? Because its roses (Summer and Ruby).

      Again from the Moon-page:

      Reference to the moon is made on several occasions in the RWBY: Volume 1 Soundtrack in the song "Gold": "If the stars all fall / When there's no more light / and the moon should crumble / It will be alright," and again in the song "I May Fall": "When we lose our faith / And forsake our friends / When the moon is gone / And we've reached our ends."


      "If the stars all fall / When there's no more light / and the moon should crumble / It will be alright,Maybe the moon was or is the source of the Grimm and with the last Grimm defeated in Volume 502 (maybe Salem o_O ?)  the moon will finaly be gone.

      "When we lose our faith / And forsake our friends / When the moon is gone / And we've reached our ends. This could definitly be the end of the world. When everything is over, maybe dead, and the good (or the bad) have won.


      Just some ideas I had, while I couldn't sleep. Maybe at least 1 point is vaguely correct and maybe I got someone new to start thinking about this.


      To come to the dragon, I think it appeared in the great war 80 years ago because of all the negative emotions that come along with war. They sealed it somehow inside the montain or something like that and tried to make piece as fast as possible. The Faunus got Menagerie and the war ended.

        Loading editor
    • not sure how I missed this thread before...

        Loading editor
    • Storfisk12 wrote:
      1st of all since it's a fictional world it doesn't have to be completely bound by reakl world logic

      When it's something like this, yes, yes it does.

        Loading editor
    • Arkantos95 wrote:
      Storfisk12 wrote:
      1st of all since it's a fictional world it doesn't have to be completely bound by reakl world logic
      When it's something like this, yes, yes it does.
      OpenYurEyes

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.