FANDOM


  • I was let down by the first impression Sage made. i hope he at least contributes to story in the future. Liked his design. was hoping he'd be important. Now i turn my attention back to Fox. Only seen him once but I hope if he's some kind of ninja doing secret missions they show later. Also if he doesnt speak at least give him internal monologues. 

      Loading editor
    • Fox is filler, like the rest of CFVY. They're not going to be that plot relevant. Certainly not enough to distract so much from the main plot to have a focus episode which makes no sense at all.

      Sage you actually have a point on.

        Loading editor
    • Why make filler characters? That seems unprofessional.

        Loading editor
    • Because you need filler. That's the point. You need background characters for verisimilitude, to make the world make sense. Lacking them is unprofessional.

        Loading editor
    • ABRN, BRNZ, and NDGO are filler character teams whose only purpose is to make the tournament feel more alive.

      Making filler characters is not inherently unprofessional.

        Loading editor
    • Well it's a shame. I liked Fox. He was one of my favorite designs of the characters. Even more than Adam or Mercury. 


      Now what?

        Loading editor
    • It was a wasted chance, to choose Yatsuhashi instead of Fox. Coco is freaking slow and a very easy target, and Daichi is just as slow, and without any ranged capability making him even worse.

      You could argue that he's supposed to play Tank, but that will be useless. A tank is only useful if the enemy focuses on the tank. Anyone with a brain will pick Coco instead, and Daichi is so slow that any speedster can easily hit Coco before he can even get close to protect her.

      Fox is far quicker, and has good strength. He's a better choice for keeping Coco safe.

        Loading editor
    • TheRozenQueen wrote:
      It was a wasted chance, to choose Yatsuhashi instead of Fox. Coco is freaking slow and a very easy target, and Daichi is just as slow, and without any ranged capability making him even worse.

      You could argue that he's supposed to play Tank, but that will be useless. A tank is only useful if the enemy focuses on the tank. Anyone with a brain will pick Coco instead, and Daichi is so slow that any speedster can easily hit Coco before he can even get close to protect her.

      Fox is far quicker, and has good strength. He's a better choice for keeping Coco safe.

      I agree. I'm starting to think that if some characters really are just filler that maybe every group has about 2 people in it that will represent the group in story and fight and all others will just be in the background most of the time. In this case Yatsu' and Coco must be the more liked and thus more focused characters. I like Fox, but I guess I'm just gonna have to live with my kind of characters being unimportant ones. It happened to Neji too in Naruto. And it happened with Nico Robin often in One Piece.

        Loading editor
    • We have no indication that Coco is slow. She only felt slow because she didn't take the Beowolf seriously in Breach.

      For all we know, she's a fucking ninja who bitchslaps you with her handbag a billion times before stomping on your face.

      Oh wait, that sounds more like Neo. :v

        Loading editor
    • She has to be, with that absurd weapon of hers, unless theey just make her broken. With that weapon deployed, she can't possibly move fast at all.

        Loading editor
    • Maki Kuronami wrote:
      We have no indication that Coco is slow. She only felt slow because she didn't take the Beowolf seriously in Breach.

      For all we know, she's a fucking ninja who bitchslaps you with her handbag a billion times before stomping on your face.

      Yes, a fucking ninja that can move like lightning while carrying a fucking gatling gun. Even if in Handbag form, the sheer weight slows her down.

      This isn't God Eaters.

        Loading editor
    • Tell that to Ruby's sniper scythe. :V

        Loading editor
    • Maki Kuronami wrote:
      Tell that to Ruby's sniper scythe. :V

      She doesn't run with it, she sends herself flying with pure recoil. It's very different.

      The best Coco can do is a gatling jump.

        Loading editor
    • Okay. Fair point.

      Still, I believe that Coco is not that absurdly slow. Might be slow, but not to the point of Sage-tier. I blame my bias for her hype-ass beret. ><

        Loading editor
    • Coco just hovers in the air using bullets.

        Loading editor
    • She's not Alisa, Maki. De beret means nothing.

        Loading editor
    • I don't care. Berets are the hypest shit. :V

      It's right up there with twintails and glasses.

        Loading editor
    • Glasses are overrated, and kind of sexist in some cases.

        Loading editor
    • V3e3 ironwood thru glyph1





      TheRozenQueen wrote:
      Glasses are overrated, and kind of sexist in some cases.
      V3e3 ironwood thru glyph2
        Loading editor
    • VC-Duels BP Kurt

      That is the truth.

        Loading editor
    • Come on yall. This is suppose to be about Fox or Sage. Not Coco.

        Loading editor
    • Adam, Roman, Hei Xiong, the Malachites, and Velvet were all originally filler characters. Team CFVY are not filler characters? Why not? Because RT wouldn't create a team of filler characters just to make Velvet a larger role character. I'll remind you, CFVY was a team before Velvet was shoehorned into it.

      My point is that one never knows what fate will befall characters who have actually been seen onscreen. If fan reaction is powerful enough, seemingly filler characters like Roman and Velvet can end up getting a shot at the big time.

        Loading editor
    • 24.104.77.242 wrote:
      Adam, Roman, Hei Xiong, the Malachites, and Velvet were all originally filler characters. Team CFVY are not filler characters? Why not? Because RT wouldn't create a team of filler characters just to make Velvet a larger role character. I'll remind you, CFVY was a team before Velvet was shoehorned into it.

      My point is that one never knows what fate will befall characters who have actually been seen onscreen. If fan reaction is powerful enough, seemingly filler characters like Roman and Velvet can end up getting a shot at the big time.

      Wait, what? I'm pretty sure Adam was not originally meant to be a filler character. Where did you hear that? Just because he was in one of the four original trailers doesn't mean he was just a filler character.

      Also, fan reaction was not what made them keep Roman around. In the Volume 1 Director's Commentary, they explicitly stated that the reason they decided to keep Roman around is because they liked him. They loved writing for him, they loved his personality. They felt it would be a shame to just get rid of him like they had originally planned to, so they kept him around. The decision for Roman to have a larger role in the plot came before we even saw the first episode.

        Loading editor
    • Sometimes the filler characters are more interesting than the main ones.I still hope for the day we see the twins.Kind of dissapointed that they never actually appear in V2 even though they were in the OP.

        Loading editor
    • 203.106.157.108 wrote:
      Sometimes the filler characters are more interesting than the main ones.I still hope for the day we see the twins.Kind of dissapointed that they never actually appear in V2 even though they were in the OP.

      You mean the Malachite twins? They did appear. Though, only for a second. Neptune said "Sup?" to them and they both walked away going "Hmph. Whatever."

        Loading editor
    • Oh yeah..forgot about that but I was hoping an arc about them.They seem interesting and I wonder their relationship with Cinder.

        Loading editor
    • That was a waste. The Twins should get more screen time as a gang in town robbing people or working as bouncers.

      Torchwick seemed like a must in terms of villains. He's one of the most witty of the entire cast.

      Pretty sure Adam was never filler, but I could be wrong. I mostly just read profiles and watch the show. I don't own or see much extra or hidden info on cast members. No inside knowledge. But he always seems like a pretty important villain or dark hero.

      If there really is filler characters doomed to never excell beyond what they are unless they get popular, that's a shame. The happens a lot when tournments start coming into play in a story. I like the leads but I won't lie, the villains and filler cast members draw me in more. 

      I wouldn't watch the show so much if it was for characters like Torchwick, Adam, Lie Ren, and now Mercury and Qrow. I like happy characters but there a certain bit of direness or epicness given off characters like these. Same with Fox and Sage, but now that I read all this I doubt they'll grow too popular. Maybe Sage if he get lots of screen time thru working with Sun.

        Loading editor
    • We could get a spin-off series; Villians of RWBY. And it can just be like mini arcs with a date stamp at the beginning of the episode so we know when it falls in relation to RWBY, and just show us their adventures as they go about their criminal business. Each arc can focus on a different group, but other groups can come in as needed.

      Like focusing on Junior and the Twins doings some info gathering/selling, and Roman comes in to hire some goons, which would be set just before the Yellow Trailer.You could even end the yellow trailer from just over Junior's shoulder, and have Yang walk in like she did in the Yellow Trailer.

      Or we could follow Roman around on some of his Dust robberies, with Neo as his sidekick.

        Loading editor
    • Well there is one reason: He is a man, and this show only resolves around competent female character. So we can still keep dreaming.

        Loading editor
    • Adammoonsliceanimation
        Loading editor
    • Wonderfully put, Maki. It's also a good response to the people who say "Qrow Branwen - the first badass male character in RWBY." =P

        Loading editor
    • SpiritedDreaming wrote:
      We could get a spin-off series; Villians of RWBY. And it can just be like mini arcs with a date stamp at the beginning of the episode so we know when it falls in relation to RWBY, and just show us their adventures as they go about their criminal business. Each arc can focus on a different group, but other groups can come in as needed.

      Like focusing on Junior and the Twins doings some info gathering/selling, and Roman comes in to hire some goons, which would be set just before the Yellow Trailer.You could even end the yellow trailer from just over Junior's shoulder, and have Yang walk in like she did in the Yellow Trailer.

      Or we could follow Roman around on some of his Dust robberies, with Neo as his sidekick.

      Wow. I'd watch that. I'd watch the hell outta that. And as the series went on I'd use those in place of the Lore of Remants segmants. Just 5-10 min episodes about Roman, the Twins or Adam.

      I still wanna see Adam go one on one with Qrow or Glynda.

        Loading editor
    • If I recall, the whole purpose of the World of Remnant videos is to give the animation crew a few weeks to do more work on the episodes without the pressure of "This episode is due to come out at the end of this week!!" That would be why the World of Remnant videos are 2D animated. The 3D animators get to devote all their time to completing and polishing RWBY episodes.

      So, if we ever get something else that replaces World of Remnant, it'll be simple 2D animation like WoR, not 3D mini episodes.

        Loading editor
    • That's a shame. I thought the whole season was done before hand and they just spaced them out when they put them on the net so they won't run out of episodes really fast. 

      Whatever they do, at a certain point we'll know enough about the lore. Maybe do 2D shorts about villains pasts. But never say who they are talking about. The audience would have to figure it out from sillohettes and verbal cues in the narraration. 

      Mostly wanna know Roman and Adam's past.Got a feeling Cinder's will be revealed once she dies.

        Loading editor
    • KNN005 wrote:
      ... I thought the whole season was done before hand ...

      You don't know how shows are made, do you.

        Loading editor
    • Don't do that. 

        Loading editor
    • Yea, that was mean, sorry.

      KNN005 wrote:

      Whatever they do, at a certain point we'll know enough about the lore.

      Maybe they can do sequels: WoR Dust 2. Maybe this time we will actually learn the things we want about Dust. -.-

        Loading editor
    • For the most part, it is made beforehand. It's just that it's not complete yet when they start airing the episodes.

      They get the principle animation done before they start releasing the episodes - the bare basic stuff of the characters' movements and such. Then, they start polishing it up with effects and whatnot. I have no clue if facial expressions and lip synching are part of the principle animation or the finishing touches. They also have to go through and try to make sure there aren't any errors in the animation, though of course, as we've seen, they do miss some things, such as improper layering and missing or misplaced models. They also have to put the audio in there - the voices, the sound effects, the music and ambience.

      Animation goes in stages. If they took the time to complete the entire volume 100% before airing the episodes, we'd have to wait a lot longer for the volume to start coming out.

        Loading editor
    • WoR.

      because we need to get exposition somehow.

        Loading editor
    • Gideon Aurum wrote:
      WoR.

      because we need to get exposition somehow.

      We had WoR Dust but still have no more useful information than before.

      Your argument is invaild.

      (And if you're wondering why I'm annoyed by WoR:Dust: What are the types of dust? How do you combine them? Can we see a chart? WHAT IS EARTH DUST? HOW DO U DUST?)

        Loading editor
    • ChishioKunrin wrote:

      Animation goes in stages. If they took the time to complete the entire volume 100% before airing the episodes, we'd have to wait a lot longer for the volume to start coming out.

      I'd rather they took longer and really perfected it it personally.

      I guess they want us to learn about DUST as the leads do.

      We're getting off topic. But I guess at this point there's not much left to say...

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, true.

      By the way, when they reveal the villains' pasts, I'd rather they do so in-show. We've already been told that we're gonna get to see Mercury's past through flashbacks. JJ said it's from before Mercury went "full baddie" so maybe we'll get to see why he started working for Cinder.

        Loading editor
    • ChishioKunrin wrote:

      ...why he started working for Cinder.

      'Cuz she's hot.

      ...literally

        Loading editor
    • I feel like neither will admit it but Torchwick and Cinder respect each other. Just not like each other. 

      Torchwick is not random thug or she'd never hire him other than to be a fall guy. And he wouldn't fear her if she wasn't a beast.

        Loading editor
    • Shadow at Morning wrote:
      Fox is filler, like the rest of CFVY. They're not going to be that plot relevant. Certainly not enough to distract so much from the main plot to have a focus episode which makes no sense at all.

      Sage you actually have a point on.

      I really don't think any of CFVY is really filler, I mean sure every team in the Tournament that isn't filled with main characters/villians will probably never show up again, discluding SSSN. CFVY on the other hand seems a lot more important, or at least I want them to be.

        Loading editor
    • CFVY was only created because people wanted Velvet, who was meant to be a one off character, to stick around. That is the only reason we have them. They may get used later on for plot stuff, since it means less characters they have to think about finding a way to fit into the story, but the whole purpose of CFVY was filler in the first place.

        Loading editor
    • SpiritedDreaming wrote:
      CFVY was only created because people wanted Velvet, who was meant to be a one off character, to stick around. That is the only reason we have them. They may get used later on for plot stuff, since it means less characters they have to think about finding a way to fit into the story, but the whole purpose of CFVY was filler in the first place.


      At first sure they were filler I just don't get that feeling anymore.

        Loading editor
    • If no one else at least give Fox a fight with Merc and an honorable death.

        Loading editor
    • If the theory about him being blind is true, wouldn't that make Fox the perfect counter to Neo, or Emerald?

        Loading editor
    • Absolute Configuration wrote:
      If the theory about him being blind is true, wouldn't that make Fox the perfect counter to Neo, or Emerald?

      Agreed.

        Loading editor
    • Absolute Configuration wrote:
      If the theory about him being blind is true, wouldn't that make Fox the perfect counter to Neo, or Emerald?

      WOW! I didn't think of that! I concur!

        Loading editor
    • If it was true, yes, but during breach he has an entire scene dedicated to him LOOKING at the grimm till he spots an Alpha Ursa and goes for it…it even has a camera pan to his point of view. Him being blind is a tad unrealistic as of right now.

        Loading editor
    • Then compare that to his teamates, or someone with vision, who would have seen the Grimm already before they landed. He had a full view of the combat zone before he even touched down, and him looking around can easily be interpreted as him trying to hear w​here the Grimm are as opposed to actually looking for them, which should have been obvious from a glance.

      You might be right, of course. I just figured that the above, coupled with the... blankness of his eyes would have indicated that he's blind. We've seen stranger things in RWBY.

        Loading editor
    • Ok, if you want to play that game...

      Why did he turn his head to look at Velvet before putting his hand on her shoulder after Coco and Yatsu lost the match? Cause I can guarantee he wasn’t going to hear her better by looking her in the eyes.

        Loading editor
    • I think he's blind but he was moving his head as he was sensing the Grimm. Maybe smell, hearing, or picking up on their chi was the case.

      Maybe he turns his head to Velvet as a force of habit from when he could see. My father is blind and he still turns in my direction when I talk to him.

        Loading editor
    • VedranTheII wrote:

      Ok, if you want to play that game...

      Why did he turn his head to look at Velvet before putting his hand on her shoulder after Coco and Yatsu lost the match? Cause I can guarantee he wasn’t going to hear her better by looking her in the eyes.

      Proper human interaction for comforting someone involves looking at them, regardless of whether you can see them or not.

        Loading editor
    • So what you’re all saying is that he wasn’t born blind, so he could learn proper human interactions, got blinded somehow after, learned to cope with it so well you wouldn’t even think he’s blind if his eyes didn’t have an off color (in a show that has a few odd or rare eye colors no less), AND succeeded in his hunter training enough to be part of a competent team of second years, all in the span of about 18 years.

      Well it’s not impossible, I might even go as far as to say it’s highly likely what with aura giving you an apparent 6th sense if what Pyrrha said in V1 is to be believed…but I still want a better hint than him having an odd eye color, if for no other reason that for them to not just brush off lack of eye sight as something you can easily go without, which it shouldn’t be.

      God knows what I’d do with my life if I wasn’t able to read OR write on my own.

        Loading editor
    • Dude. You don't have to be able to see to learn proper human interaction.

      I'm not insisting that he's blind, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is.

        Loading editor
    • You don’t? So how do you explain to someone born blind to look someone in the eyes to comfort them?...I guess you could teach them to tilt their head in the direction of the face by touching someone’s shoulder, but he didn’t even have to feel around to land his arm on it, his had went straight for it.  

        Loading editor
    • VedranTheII wrote:

      You don’t? So how do you explain to someone born blind to look someone in the eyes to comfort them?...I guess you could teach them to tilt their head in the direction of the face by touching someone’s shoulder, but he didn’t even have to feel around to land his arm on it, his had went straight for it.  

      I think he's like Toph from Avatar, but instead of vibrations he uses aura. He never really makes eye contact with anyone, and yet he knows were people are around him...I don't think it is a wild assumption to say he is blind.

        Loading editor
    • Vedran didn't say he couldn't possibly be blind, he was just pointing out the problems with that theory. He readily admits that there is a possibility of Fox being blind.

      But I'm on the "Not Blind" team. Not because I have a problem with blind people, but because all I can think about is what happens when Fox runs out of aura. He'd use aura to see, which means every time he sends out a pulse or whatever he uses a minute amount of aura. In the middle of battle, you want to keep as much aura as you can because it means you have a longer 'life span'. If he's using the pulse every couple of seconds to keep track of the Grimm, which can move quickly sometimes so every couple of seconds is a necessity, that's aura that he's using up.

      Add in the fact that his fighting style seems to revolve around hand to hand fighting and aura attacks similar to the style Ren showed us and he's using his aura even quicker. It's a fundamental flaw in his fighting style which means he has to take his enemies down quickly, or he dies because as soon as he runs out of aura he can't see. Ina team environmet this isn't so bad, as Yatsu, Coco and Velvet are there for backup, but after graduation it's been implied that though teams hang out together, they do solo missions.

      On a solo mission, his blindness would be a major liability. One that I think a person would rather get prosthetic eyes to overcome than to actually have.

      Actually, there's an idea. Fox has prosthetic eyes. Penny exists, and she assumingly see out of her eyes through electronics that connect to her 'brain', so would it be too hard to believe that Fox has prosthetics?

        Loading editor
    • That's a very good point, though it's worth noting that, in the event where Fox has literally no Aura left, he's likely a dead man with or without sight.

      I'm down with prosthetic eyes, though I imagine they would be an expensive piece of tech and not easily acquired, especially outside of Atlas.

        Loading editor
    • VedranTheII wrote:

      You don’t? So how do you explain to someone born blind to look someone in the eyes to comfort them?...I guess you could teach them to tilt their head in the direction of the face by touching someone’s shoulder, but he didn’t even have to feel around to land his arm on it, his had went straight for it.  


      My friend's mother has been blind from birth, As far back as I can remember she's always looked straight at me, right in the eyes when I talk, It's actually quite unerring utill you get used to it because she has glass eyes so doesn't blink very often.

        Loading editor
    • After al this deep discussion I'm gonna be crazy pissed if he never get anymore screen time to settle this. Can we at least get him talking on screen to show his personality?

        Loading editor
    • Wow I am actually kinda shocked that I never found this thread before. Love fox the guy seems awesome and I even did a page for him on the VSwiki....kinda feel dumb for never seeing this before.

      Anyway I'll just say what I want to say about fox. First I think it is pretty lame of RT that they never had Fox say anything during season 3 when we get to see Yatsuhashi talk. The heck!?

      Second I'm honestly disappointed in team CFVY for their choices in the double's round. I mean I get that they could think that if they had people who specialized in heavy amounts of damage and durability they could just overwhelm them but they honestly could have done better if they had a different combination. I personally thought that it could have been either Yatsuhashi and Velvet with one being a Mighty Glacier with a little bit of speed while the other was a fragile speedster who could have used her CQC or if needed a few of the weapons in her camera since it WAS a tournament for every huntsman academy or Coco being the long range fighter and fox since he seem's to be a lightning bruiser but could be a fragile speedster....we would know if we actually got to see him fight but oh well.

      Anyway that's pretty much everything, Fox will most likely be the Shino or Neji of RWBY and will be forgotten most of the time (Such as waste), at least we still have Ren so maybe their's hope for the guy since if you think about it he didn't do to much during the fights of V3.

        Loading editor
    • There was no reason not to have Fox in the doubles, I agree.

      They seem to have given up on making Fox talk but admit that Neo has a voice actor.

      That's exactly what I fear for Fox. And Sage for that matter. Like Shino and Neji over time that they're forgotten. Only known for one or two really good scenes.

        Loading editor
    • I know

      Only thing I could pray for would be for are:

      A.) They get more air time on the series

      Or

      B.) They become playable characters in a RWBY videogame (Looking at you CyberConnect2!!)

      But knowing my luck I should be realistic and hope that we see them in a RWBY Novel (if they did it for RvB then they are for sure gonna do it for Remnant)

        Loading editor
    • With everyone scatter there's no excuse not to give more co-stars and side people their due time. Hell even Sun and Nep should have killed a boss by now. Too much is solved by RWBY or the pro-Hunters. That needs to stop or it'll be predictable. Kinda like how in some anime to avoid having a hero have to kill, another villains will kill the foe he beat out of ruthlessness or "I never liked you anyway". 

      I doubt RWBY is pop enough to get a game. I'm still shocked there's even a manga. It's basically just gonna repeat what we get in the show so I never see a need to read or play. If there was more focus of the side characters I definately would though.

        Loading editor
    • RWBY has a game, KNN005. It's called RWBY Grimm Eclipse. It started off as a fan game that RT then picked up and made official, and is available throguh Steam Early Access for $15US.

        Loading editor
    • You don't have to worry about Grimm Eclipse repeating what we got in the show. It apparently takes place between Volumes 2 and 3, and it's apparently gonna have enemies and locations that aren't in the show.

      And the manga has shown us stuff we've never seen before.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah I know I mean I most of the time the characters in a show that aren't part of the main crew are usually given one or two good moments then throwned away like they were never there.

      I mean I know in a show that has a "main group" that they will get more focus then the rest but I just don't want a moment like "oh wait who are these guys again they look famililar? *searches said character up* Oh those guy's I haven't seen them in a while!" since it feels like it be a waste of a perfectly good character(s) who seem very interesting

        Loading editor
    • Like what the fight between Weiss and the giant armour was about, Ruby vs Cardin and why Ruby wears her cloak with her uniform, which revealed that Ruby actually has memories of that ill-fated trip Yang took and Qrow saved them from when they were both really young (that's probably my favourite part so far).

      It sounds like it repeats what was in the show, but it actually goes a little more behind the scenes.

        Loading editor
    • Maybe the manga is legit worth a read. But as far I've seen of the game, it's just a action game with DMC style fights. Fun but short and no RPG-level story-telling.

      I read the first chapter of the manga, I'll go back to it and see if more is being translated.

        Loading editor
    • I honestly won't expect much screen time from him. He is a fairly pointless character.

        Loading editor
    • KNN005 wrote:
      Maybe the manga is legit worth a read. But as far I've seen of the game, it's just a action game with DMC style fights. Fun but short and no RPG-level story-telling.

      I read the first chapter of the manga, I'll go back to it and see if more is being translated.

      Grimm Eclipse isn't finished yet anyway. It's still Early Access. There's an update they're working on that'll add Forever Fall and some other stuff, so we haven't gotten all of the story yet.

      True, it's not a heavily story-driven game, but hey, it's Rooster Teeth's first game. It was easier for them to start with this, especially since part of the base structure of it was already built in the fan-made version.

        Loading editor
    • Anyone else think they'll make a RWBY book? Since they did make one for RvB

        Loading editor
    • President35JFK wrote:
      Anyone else think they'll make a RWBY book? Since they did make one for RvB

      Give it 10 seasons.

        Loading editor
    • DAMN IT!!

      What about a guide book of Remnant?

        Loading editor
    • Wonder if that game will be RT's start at being an indie developer.

        Loading editor
    • KNN005 wrote:
      Wonder if that game will be RT's start at being an indie developer.

      They differently have potential.

        Loading editor
    • They wouldn't be an indie developer, would they? They are already a gaming company, an animation and filming studio, the first machinimators and have a feature length movie out.

      "Indie games are developed by individuals, small teams, or small independent companies; such companies are often specifically formed for the development of one specific game."

      Hmm... clearly I have no idea what I'm talking about. Rooster Teeth independent? What about that Fullscreen thing?

        Loading editor
    • Hey guys is it just me but does it seem like fox is most likely from Vacuo?

        Loading editor
    • President35JFK wrote:
      Hey guys is it just me but does it seem like fox is most likely from Vacuo?

      what gives you that impression. we barely know anything about him

        Loading editor
    • The Trumpet player of wrote:
      what gives you that impression. we barely know anything about him

      It's because a large majority of people we see from Vacuo usually have tanned skin

      May seem kinda dumb but just wanted to hear people's opinion

        Loading editor
    • That's racist. :P

      You can't determine a Kingdom by their skin colour. Also, I'm fairly sure May, Nolan, Dew and Nebula don't actually count as having tanned skin. They count as having olive skin at best. That's half the Shade teams right there.

        Loading editor
    • And Fox's skin is a lot darker than just tanned. He'd be considered a black guy.

      Meanwhile, Sage is from Mistral.

        Loading editor
    • Well I didn't think of him as black, just of having a dark tan.

      Oh and I know that their are plenty of people who have different colored skin and are from different kingdoms. Flynt coal, Sage, Ciel, Emerald.

      Not trying to be racist SpiritedDreaming and never intented to be

        Loading editor
    • ChishioKunrin wrote:
      And Fox's skin is a lot darker than just tanned. He'd be considered a black guy.

      Meanwhile, Sage is from Mistral.

      I noticed that too if I was to guess he origins from rwbys equivalent of Brazil.

        Loading editor
    • President35JFK wrote:
      Well I didn't think of him as black, just of having a dark tan.

      I really, really do not see how in the world his skin tone would just be a dark tan, since that's WAY too dark for it to be a tan, unless he's one of those people who overdo it so much that their skin turns gross and leathery.

      Honestly, how does this look like "just a dark tan"? He looks like a black guy, to me.

      V3 0400047
        Loading editor
    • ChishioKunrin wrote: Snip

      Now that I actually look at the image I do feel kinda dumb now.

      Oh speaking of his body anyone have any crazy theories why his arm's are covered in scars??

        Loading editor
    • President35JFK wrote:

      ChishioKunrin wrote: Snip

      Now that I actually look at the image I do feel kinda dumb now.

      Oh speaking of his body anyone have any crazy theories why his arm's are covered in scars??

      arts and crafts accident?

        Loading editor
    • I dont see Fox as black. But hes definitely not tan. Take that as you will. Either way it shouldn't really matter.

        Loading editor
    • Ember Celica wrote:
      I dont see Fox as black. But hes definitely not tan. Take that as you will. Either way it shouldn't really matter.

      For simplicity's sake, I call him black. c: It's not like "black person" is synonymous with any specific place in our world.

      Now, with Yatsuhashi, that's a little more awkward, since I think they were going for "Asian" with him, yet there is no Asia in Remnant, so... yeah...

        Loading editor
    • ChishioKunrin wrote:
      Ember Celica wrote:
      I dont see Fox as black. But hes definitely not tan. Take that as you will. Either way it shouldn't really matter.
      For simplicity's sake, I call him black. c: It's not like "black person" is synonymous with any specific place in our world.

      Now, with Yatsuhashi, that's a little more awkward, since I think they were going for "Asian" with him, yet there is no Asia in Remnant, so... yeamh...

      May remnant has an Asian equivalent.

        Loading editor
    • When it comes to the younger males in RWBY, only Mercury has proven himself worthy of my trust.

        Loading editor
    • You can trust me to beat Mercury unconscious with his own legs!

        Loading editor
    • It seems like you only care about the boys in this series KNN005 do you even like any of the girls in this series or even care about them at all?

        Loading editor
    • Wheeeeere are you getting that from?

        Loading editor
    • I thought Fox was latino personally. Maybe Cuban.

      Sage might be brazilian. It's explain the color scheme.

      As for the ladies, of course I like a bunch of them. I've wanted to see more of Glynda since the start. Blake was originally my fave character before she started becoming more and more escapist with her way of deal ing with problems. Hoping to see more from Raven too. And Salem. 

      The problem is the women seem to be a given to get screen time fighting big bads. That's good, opposite of more manga and anime. But it's best when it's split down the middle. Sun and Nep should get better and drop a few major bosses too. Otherwise they're just comedy cannon fodder. 

      Fox is a waste of a great design is all he's gonna do is lurk in the background, never talk, never get developed and just fade away into obscurity.

      As for Yatsuhashi, when you think of it all the names have origins of nations and culture. Some could be seen as European names. It'd likely have been best if the whole cast had completely made up names that sounded like color references. Like maybe Wrubi instead of Ruby. Or Wice instead of Weiss.

        Loading editor
    • Sage and Fox's designs interest me the most, with Fox they're in a world with personal force fields that protect them from injuries but he's covered in scars that his aura should have protected him from so there should definitely be an interesting story behind that. With Sage he's the first character with tattoos & once we learned that it was possible to infuse dust into a person using him would make a great introduction to the concept in the show proper. Not to mention he's also the only character whose design has so many direct comparisons to his weapon. Seeing him get blown out of the tournament fight & then that background shot of him and Scarlet on the back of an ursa seemed like a waste of a character. 

        Loading editor
    • Vongola Mist Guardian wrote:
      Sage and Fox's designs interest me the most, with Fox they're in a world with personal force fields that protect them from injuries but he's covered in scars that his aura should have protected him from so there should definitely be an interesting story behind that.

      He could've gotten those scars before he unlocked his Aura.

      Apparently, you have to unlock your Aura in order for it to actually protect you.

        Loading editor
    • ChishioKunrin wrote:
      Vongola Mist Guardian wrote:
      Sage and Fox's designs interest me the most, with Fox they're in a world with personal force fields that protect them from injuries but he's covered in scars that his aura should have protected him from so there should definitely be an interesting story behind that.
      He could've gotten those scars before he unlocked his Aura.

      Apparently, you have to unlock your Aura in order for it to actually protect you.

      They could also be birth scars.

        Loading editor
    • Vongola Mist Guardian wrote:
      Sage and Fox's designs interest me the most, with Fox they're in a world with personal force fields that protect them from injuries but he's covered in scars that his aura should have protected him from so there should definitely be an interesting story behind that. 

      Maybe he never developed an aura. Like he's got a birth defect and all he cna so is make sure fights end fast before he's mortally injured.

        Loading editor
    • ChishioKunrin wrote:
      Vongola Mist Guardian wrote:
      Sage and Fox's designs interest me the most, with Fox they're in a world with personal force fields that protect them from injuries but he's covered in scars that his aura should have protected him from so there should definitely be an interesting story behind that.
      He could've gotten those scars before he unlocked his Aura.

      Apparently, you have to unlock your Aura in order for it to actually protect you.

      Or(and this is my personal theory of how aura works) when used offensively(such as Ren and Fox  demonstrated) the aura does not protect it's user(as it is no longer projected in the normal way to protect their bodies) and thus leaves them open to injury/scarring.

        Loading editor
    • 73.Anon.52 wrote:

      Or(and this is my personal theory of how aura works) when used offensively(such as Ren and Fox  demonstrated) the aura does not protect it's user(as it is no longer projected in the normal way to protect their bodies) and thus leaves them open to injury/scarring.

      Oh like characters in fighting games who for a split second leave themselves open to attacks.

      I thought of the theory that he recieved some of them as a kid before unlocking aura and some while practicing after running out of aura.

        Loading editor
    • President35JFK wrote: Oh like characters in fighting games who for a split second leave themselves open to attacks.

      I thought of the theory that he recieved some of them as a kid before unlocking aura and some while practicing after running out of aura.

      I've never seen it in fighting games.... but I'm thinking more like in Halo CE where the MC depletes his shields to destabilize Halo's systems.

        Loading editor
    • 73.Anon.52 wrote:

      I've never seen it in fighting games.... but I'm thinking more like in Halo CE where the MC depletes his shields to destabilize Halo's systems.

      Yeah that makes more sense since Miles did say he got the aura moniter from shields from Halo

        Loading editor
    • I didn't mean to attack you like that KNN005 butI will tell you this and for other who knows this or not is that you have to be patient. I have faith in Rooserteeth and Monty Oum. You will see more of Scarlet and Sage because Monty said Gavin will have a bigger role which is Scarlet but you have to wait until his story comes in. I always believed that RWBY is one of the best gender equality shows out their even if the females are more important here. Hell Monty could have made to a magic girls show but he didn't because he wanted to appeal to both Genders but still better than most shonen who didn't treat their females rights but Rooserteeth definitely treats their males better than the females in most shonen. My favorite anime besides RWBY is Gintama because even though the guys are more important the females still have their moment and I love that.But don't worry you see more Sage but only when his story comes into play and Fox is going to get his moments we fans have to wait. Miles, Kerry, and Monty Oum got this all plan so expect to see the main team RWBY, JNR all might die due to their fairytale, CFVY, SSSN and more characters and villains. P.S. my favorite characters that is not counting the villains or the adults even though their my favorite but if it comes to the teens protagonist that I do like and this is all in order from favorite females and favorite males is actually Yang,Ruby,Weiss,Blake,Velvet,Coco,Penny,Ciel,Sage,Scarlet,Fox,Yatsuhashi,Sun,Ren.

        Loading editor
    • 73.10.47.16 wrote:
      I didn't mean to attack you like that KNN005 butI will tell you this and for other who knows this or not is that you have to be patient. I have faith in Rooserteeth and Monty Oum. You will see more of Scarlet and Sage because Monty said Gavin will have a bigger role which is Scarlet but you have to wait until his story comes in. I always believed that RWBY is one of the best gender equality shows out their even if the females are more important here. Hell Monty could have made to a magic girls show but he didn't because he wanted to appeal to both Genders but still better than most shonen who didn't treat their females rights but Rooserteeth definitely treats their males better than the females in most shonen. My favorite anime besides RWBY is Gintama because even though the guys are more important the females still have their moment and I love that.But don't worry you see more Sage but only when his story comes into play and Fox is going to get his moments we fans have to wait. Miles, Kerry, and Monty Oum got this all plan so expect to see the main team RWBY, JNR all might die due to their fairytale, CFVY, SSSN and more characters and villains. P.S. my favorite characters that is not counting the villains or the adults even though their my favorite but if it comes to the teens protagonist that I do like and this is all in order from favorite females and favorite males is actually Yang,Ruby,Weiss,Blake,Velvet,Coco,Penny,Ciel,Sage,Scarlet,Fox,Yatsuhashi,Sun,Ren.

      Does anyone think ren is Monty oum writing himself into the story. He seems and bland and easy to portray character.

        Loading editor
    • 73.10.47.16 wrote:
      I didn't mean to attack you like that KNN005 butI will tell you this and for other who knows this or not is that you have to be patient. 

      Well I'm in this for the long haul.

      As for Ren being Oum written into the show? Maybe. But he downplays the character so much it seems mostly like a modest version of himself. I think he keeps Ren and Jaune weak to keep them from being Marty Stu perfect snowflake author inserts.

        Loading editor
    • KNN005 wrote: As for Ren being Oum written into the show? Maybe. But he downplays the character so much it seems mostly like a modest version of himself. I think he keeps Ren and Jaune weak to keep them from being Marty Stu perfect snowflake author inserts.

      I think it's the opposite, I believe he stated in a commentary or stream he chose Ren because he knew he wouldn't have many lines so he could concentrate on his other duties.

        Loading editor
    • I think Ren, like Fox, needs more time revealing his past and showing the foes that are apart of his rogue gallery, that's all. They don't need to steal the show, but just give them their due.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.