Team RNJR (pronounced "Ranger"), sometimes known as JNRR (pronounced "Junior"), was an informal team consisting of former Beacon Academy students Ruby Rose, Nora Valkyrie, Jaune Arc, and Lie Ren. It was formed after the death of Pyrrha Nikos of Team JNPR and the separation of Team RWBY following the Fall of Beacon.
Some months later, the members of Team RNJR are on Anima, the same continent where Haven Academy is located. Despite the team's informality, all the members are shown to work well together and are on positive terms with each other.
After Ruby reunited with the other members of Team RWBY after the Battle of Haven, she went back to being part of that team while Jaune, Nora, and Ren went as Team JNR, thus rendering Team RNJR Inactive. However, they are still collectively a part of Ruby's Group.
- As per the Color Naming Rule, the color that RNJR brings up is a shade of green called ranger green.
- Although the first initial in a team name usually denotes the team leader, Team RNJR is not an "official" team formed at a school. Therefore, no "formal" leader is assigned. In addition, Kerry notes that it is ambiguous as to whether the R at the beginning of the team name refers to Ruby or Ren.
- In "The Next Step" Nora and Ren debate whether they should be known as JNRR or RNJR. Nora insists the team should be JNRR due to the fact there are three JNPR members compared to one RWBY member, whilst Ren points out that not only does JNRR not bring up a color but that they are helping Ruby with her objective, therefore she should be the leader. Jaune at first is inclined toward JNRR, but he later decides that the team name does not matter. Ruby does not take part in the debate, although she has referred to the team as RNJR. Jaune himself even feels RNJR is a better sounding name than JNRR after saying it out loud.
- On August 19th, 2016, Gray G. Haddock tweeted a promotional image for RWBY Volume 4 based on a poster for the Netflix series Stranger Things. The image featured Ruby photoshopped into the poster and the title RNJR Things, a pun on the pronunciation of the team name and show title.
- On October 25th, 2016, Rooster Teeth tweeted a Twitter poll asking fans which of the two alternative names for the team they like the most. After 24 hours, with 18,050 votes cast, RNJR won 79% to JNRR's 21%.