Team JNPR, pronounced "Juniper", also known as Team JNR (pronounced "Junior"), is a Huntsman team of former students from Beacon Academy. In "Players and Pieces", the team had its first fight as a team, together with Team RWBY, against a Death Stalker. Later in the same episode, the team was officially formed as Team JNPR. During initiation, the team retrieved the White Rook pieces.
After the death of their teammate, Pyrrha Nikos in "End of the Beginning", the three remaining members briefly formed Team RNJR with Ruby Rose after her own team was fractured. After Ruby's old team was reformed, Jaune, Nora, and Ren collectively went as Team JNR.
The team is currently split after Cinder Fall's attack in the Evacuation Central Location; while Nora and Ren managed to escape to Vacuo to assist the Atlesian and Mantle refugees, Jaune fell into the void below alongside Team RWBY and Neopolitan.
- Flower Power (Nora + Ren) - The specifics are not known, but it is named as such because, as Jaune describes it, "Ren brings the flower, Nora brings the power." The full version of the team attack is revealed in RWBY: Amity Arena, where Ren stuns multiple enemies, then Nora launches him and delivers a powerful attack on them. This attack may have been briefly seen in "The Enemy of Trust".
- Arkos (Jaune + Pyrrha) - Described as "that thing, when we take our shields...?" by Jaune. The name is a portmanteau of the pair's last names, Arc and Nikos. The full version of the attack is revealed in the Chinese mobile game, in which Jaune and Pyrrha ride their shields and land on an enemy from opposite directions before performing an X-shaped slash with both their weapons.
- Pomegrenade (Pyrrha + Nora) - The team attack was first revealed in RWBY: Amity Arena and is purely an in-game team attack. As its card info states, Jaune thought up of this team attack during the last second in order for them to fend off the Death Stalker that Jaune and Pyrrha come across in "Players and Pieces", wherein Pyrrha launches Nora upwards with her shield and thus, making Nora land on a designated area alongside Maginhild. After Pyrrha's passing, Jaune had to take her place as seen in "The Greatest Kingdom".
- The members of Team JNPR allude to characters who are said to have disguised themselves as the opposite gender in their original stories.
- Jeanne d'Arc, upon whom Jaune Arc is based, is known to have disguised herself as a man.
- Thor, upon whom Nora Valkyrie is based, disguised himself as the goddess Freyja to infiltrate the giant Þrymr's fortress and retrieve his hammer, Mjölnir.
- Achilles, upon whom Pyrrha is based, is said to have disguised himself as a red-haired girl, assuming the name Pyrrha upon doing so.
- Hua Mulan, upon whom Lie Ren may be based, disguised herself as a man in order to serve in the army in place of her aging father.
- JNPR (Juniper berries, blue) is a possible allusion to Rooster Teeth's other series, Red vs. Blue, when compared to their rival Team RWBY (Ruby, red gemstone).
- Juniper bushes are also known to turn bright yellow, which helps to explain its connection to leader Jaune (as with Ruby to RWBY, Cardin to CRDL, and Coco to CFVY).
- Team JNPR's members' fighting styles are based on archetypal warriors from a different culture: Jaune's is Frankish/Norman, Pyrrha's is Greco-Roman, Ren's is Chinese, and Nora's is Nordic.
- On November 6th, 2014, Monty Oum discovered that he was allergic to juniper.
- On The Staff Of Charon during Red Vs Blue Season 13 Episode 6, Team JNPR is one of the names scrolling on Hargrove's screen, along with RWBY.
- Following Pyrrha's death in Volume 3, the team has been referred to as Team JNR in merchandise, in DLC packs for RWBY: Grimm Eclipse, and within the text of RWBY: After the Fall.
- Ren pointed out when they group was temporarily Team RNJR with Ruby, that "junior" isn't a color/doesn't fit the Color Naming Rule. Though the word "junior" invokes the idea of bright colors in association with young children.