Team CFVY (pronounced "Coffee") is a team of second-year students from Beacon Academy. Most of the team first appeared in "Field Trip" of Volume 2, but they made their proper debut in "Breach" at the end of the Volume. However, Velvet Scarlatina appeared briefly in "Jaunedice".
The team also competed in the Vytal Festival Tournament, during which they elected Coco Adel and Yatsuhashi Daichi to the doubles round, where they were defeated by Emerald Sustrai and Mercury Black during the events of "Lessons Learned". They later aided in the defense of Beacon Academy in "Battle of Beacon".
- Maneuver Twelve: A team attack between Coco and Yatsuhashi, in which Yatsuhashi hurls his teammate across a field. Coco will either spray the area with bullets in the air or position herself to land in the general direction thrown.
- On April 8th, 2014, in lieu of any trailers being released for Volume 2, Monty revealed the team's teaser image.
- The members of CFVY appear to have names derived from various sweets.
- Coco's name could be derived on either the drink hot cocoa or cacao, which is the main ingredient of chocolate.
- Fox's name makes allusion to the fox hunter's pie.
- Velvet's name holds a resemblance to red velvet cake.
- Yatsuhashi is the name of a Japanese pastry made with sweet beans.
- In "Extracurricular", it is mentioned that it was previously Team CFVY's responsibility to plan the school dance. However, because an "away mission [took] longer than expected", Weiss Schnee and Yang Xiao Long took over planning the dance.
- With the exception of Coco, Team CFVY's members possess Semblances that are psionic in nature.
- Their musical theme is "Caffeine".