- For the organization, see The Crown.
Overview Image Gallery
The Relic takes the shape of an ornate golden crown with jewels imbedded in it. RWBY: Fairy Tales of Remnant depicts it as having red jewels, while the animated version features turquoise ones. As such, it is unknown which version the show will use.
The Relic of Choice has the ability to show its wearer visions of a future choice they will have to make. The visions shown are random, and the user will only see that singular choice whilst wearing it.
When brought together with the other Relics, it has the power to summon The Gods.
|The Indecisive King||RWBY: Fairy Tales of Remnant
"The Indecisive King"
|The Widow||RWBY: Fairy Tales of Remnant
"The Indecisive King"
|The Crown shows the Widow a vision of the Indecisive King proposing to her.|
The Indecisive King
The Crown is a centerpiece of the story The Indecisive King, also known as The King, the Crown, and the Widow. In it, the Relic is presented to the Indecisive King as a gift by an admirer. As he puts it on, the Crown shows the King an unknown vision, which paralyzes his decision-making skills due to how difficult the choice he'd have to make is. It also shows the Widow of the King's future proposal for her to be her queen. The Widow decides she will say yes, and the events and choice shown are eventually proposed as how the Relic had shown. The two decide to lock the Crown away, seeing its potential danger.
Hidden in Beacon
This is confirmed in "Fault". After The Hound brings Oscar Pine to Salem, she questions him on the Relics' location. As her forces have yet to locate it beneath the school, she deduces that Ozma has hid it differently than the other Relics. However, Oscar states that he does not know, with Salem accepting this and inquiring on how to activate the Relic of Knowledge.
- The symbol of each Kingdom appears to correspond to the Relic hidden at its Huntsman Academy. The Relic of Choice takes the form of a crown and was situated in Vale, whose insignia includes a laurel wreath, a type of crown.
- The choice presented to the Indecisive King is never directly revealed in the Fairy Tale.
- The crown featured in the Indecisive King is described as being silver in color. However, the illustrations in Fairy Tales of Remnant depict it as golden with red jewels; in the animated adaptation, it is a bronze color with turquoise jewels. Both the illustrated and animated versions feature the same shape as the Relic of Choice's silhouette as it is shown in "The Lost Fable".
- Although there are rules to the Relics, they are not hardcoded. So long as you follow the intent, even if its not the letter, they will still give you what you want.