Nominations for the Removal of User Rights
Nomination to Remove Ragadorus's Chat Moderator Rights: Thread:106899
Cyrus Arc (Passed)
Nomination for the removal of Cyrus Arc's user rights: Thread:126593
Nomination for the removal of Floobersman's user rights: Thread:149064
Yang Long (Passed)
Nomination for the removal of Yang Long's user rights: Thread:229021
Project Predacon (Passed)
Nomination for the removal of Project Predacon's user rights: Thread:337102
General Esdeath (Passed)
Nomination for the removal of General Esdeath's bureaucrat rights: Thread:341020
Nomination to remove A1ch3mi57's chat moderator rights: Thread:365572
Darkness Inferno (Passed)
Reason for Nomination: Despite the fact that I have known Inferno for a limited amount of time, he has proven to be a really responsible member of the RWBY Wiki. He is active on the chat a lot, and has a great amount of edits in the wiki itself. He'd be able to keep the chat in check if there were no mods on.
- Support: In my few months of being here, Darkness has proven to be worthy Moderator material. He's helpful, polite, active and as Lambda said, he has a great number of edits which strengthens my confidence in his ability to keep the Wiki in check. He always knows how to get the job done and he's also always enforcing the Chat's rules as I've seen on multiple occassions. He is the only one that I can see being truly worthy of being a Chat Moderator. Project Predacon (talk) 06:06, November 28, 2013 (UTC)
- Support: He knows the policies very well and actively enforces them. Plus he's a great guy to talk to.
- Support: To put my two cents in, I wholeheartedly support this. He is nice, shows no power abuse tendencies, is active remarkably often, and does seem truly interested in helping out, which are glowing qualities in this line of work. A perfectly viable option for this position, in my opinion. User:XIIIOerbaDiaVanille 6:48 November 28, 2013
- Support: Apart from being a pretty cool dude, he is active at crucial times and knows the rules as well as how to enforce them. Also has a large number of productive mainspace edits. Gastropod (talk) 00:00, November 29, 2013 (UTC)
- Support: This guy is calm, collective, and knows when to control his emotions in the face of the occasional jerk. I highly recommend Darkness Inferno to be a chat-mod because he is deserving of the position and he is a good friend. The Wiki Meister (talk) 03:47, November 29, 2013 (UTC)
- Support: I've known Darkness since i joined this wikia and in that time i've personally found him to be worth of being chatmod material he's nice, sweet, kind, upholds the rules, and i trust him to monitor chat so in my honest opinion Darkness Inferno is more than worthy of chatmod he's very active and honestly should have been mod long before now. Yang Xiao Long (talk) 09:32, November 29, 2013 (UTC)
- Like I've said numerous times before, Logan has been a longtime obvious choice for chatmod. He's active, been with us a while, and knows the rules. Ragadorus (talk) 17:14, November 29, 2013 (UTC)
Project Predacon (Passed)
Nominator: Darkness Inferno
Reason for Nomination: Predacon has been consistent in her effort to keep the chat users within the line of our rules and managed to correctly inform users when they are close to breaking them. She knows the rules well and I have never known her to have broken one. She has experience in running a small wiki and has seemed willing to take upon the role of chat mod here.
- Support: My support goes wholeheardtly towards this. Logan's points are 101% percent true, and Project Predacon's efforts have been all positive, never anything negative. Her efficiency and reconnizability are comendable, as is her desire to help the wiki itself. In addition, her optimism, compassion, humor, many things about her are incredible. In truth, she's one of the most virtuous people that I have ever met. And she has Ruby as her Avatar Picture. How is that not stupendous? Meeting her and seeing her drive to help others has been an inspiration for me in recent itmes, and I'm left in awe at the sheer amazingness that she has expressed. In summary, Preda is awesome and you should totally vote her up. -Shadow1176.
- Support: Preda shows a clear value on order in the chat room and is able to effectively handle any situations that may arise without the cause of further strife. She should be in this position. User:XIIIOerbaDiaVanille 9:43 PM, December 6, 2013
- Support: preda does indeed dersvse this roll for mod multi-tasking a wiki i agree with logan with it. ill be cheering her on. ^_^ Dipsetab
- Support: Project Predacon has been a steadfast presence on the chat and is known and respected by everyone. I have only been in this chat for 2 weeks now and this is my observation. Zathronas.
- Support: I might be known to be her lover but that does not mean anything here. I completely agree with Dark and seeing her work on her wiki as a chat mod has undeniably led me to believe that she should be the new chat mod. She is indeed more mature than me and has a very great personality to compliment the role. She's always willing to help others as her compassion and optimism are plentiful and I am barely half the whole-hearted person she is. #PredaforCM2013<3 22:49, December 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Support: She's always nice and friendly, and seems to get along well with just about everybody. a good, rule-abiding person, I think she'd do well as a chat mod in my opinion (unsigned comment by User:Rukatin)
- Support: Preda is another good choice i would like to point out that since she's joined the chat i have personally yet to see her break one rule frankly she'll come closer to preventing such a thing than actually doing it herself and as previously stated she has the experience to do the job so i concur with the others in saying Project Predacon should be granted mod status here with as much as she's worked on wiki an she has the experince thanks to her own wiki so i fully support this decision Yang Xiao Long (talk) 03:36, December 7, 2013 (UTC)
- Support: Since I joined the RWBY wiki approximately a month ago, Preda has been a constant font of good will and kindness. Not only is she a wonderful friend, she is always willing to lend a hand to a newcomer and aid in anyway she possibly can. She's always conscious of the rules and rarely if ever violates any of the chat policies. Not only that, but as an Admin a different wiki, she has the experience and leadership skills necessary for such a position. The chat is always a brighter, happier place with her around. She has my full support. Sjelen Kain (talk) 04:25, December 7, 2013 (UTC)
- Support: Recent situations on the wiki have given me confidence in Preda's abilities as a moderator and dealing with stressful situations. Lazy sig (talk to Grif) 12:03, December 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Support: Preda knows the rules very well, she handled a lot of situations too, and dealt with them quickly.
Reason for Nomination: Fire has been very active in the community as of late. He understands the policies inside and out and has made reasonable judgements in helping mods enforce it. He is very easy to get along with too.
- I easily agree with Matt being a mod. Not only a longtime member of the community who had a part in a ton of the major changes that have happened to this wiki, but he's also active, helpful, and knows the rulesets. He was once considered one of the two best possible people for a mod choice, along with Logan. In general, he knows the rules, has sound judgement, and is quite a helpful person. Ragadorus (talk) 03:20, January 31, 2014 (UTC)
- I oppose due that 1, I believe we don't need more mods, 2 even though fire is a great guy I don't see him as a mod, it's nothing against him personaly, but I don't see the need of one/nor see him as one. -Sage.
- I disagree with point 1. Even though Fire has been very active as of late, so many other people have been active as well. Do I need to note as well that Fire has been gone from chat for a very long time? I also agree with the point Sage brings up when he says that we don't need any more chat mods. We are barely ever seen without a chat mod now, and there is always some kind of like admin looking over us. Ragna the Bloodedge (talk) 02:46, January 31, 2014 (UTC)
- I oppose nominating Firefun. Although he is understandable and easy to get along with, I don't see the sense of judgement that you see in him. I think postponing Firefun's nomination for 30 days would be best to see how he does. The Wiki Meister (talk) 02:49, January 31, 2014 (UTC)
- As with BK, Fire is a decent choice should we need more chatmods. And once the positions for admins are flushed out then we can consider the Chat mods again. User:Darkness Inferno/Sig 21:01, January 31, 2014 (UTC)
- On top of the fact that we really don't need more chat maods (I could be wrong), Fire doesn't seem to be the most active user. I mean, lately he's been coming on more, but the days of endless AFK are still fresh in my mind. I say we wait a bit. XenotheWise135 (talk) 02:16, February 7, 2014 (UTC)
Sjelen Kain (Passed)
Nominator: Darkness Inferno
Kain is a great exapmle of a Mod candidate. He knows the rules well and when to enforce or remind people of them. He is level headed when he needs to be, and is still a fun character. Also we are lacking a night crew mod other then Yang who can't always be there. So in light of all this I say that Kain should become a Chat Mod.
- Support: I agree with Dark, Kain is a very kind and compassionate character who cares about others and their troubles. He's here during the night as Dark said and follows the rules often. He has my full support. User:DestinyZxs00 (talk) 22:59, March 16, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: Kain is an awesome person who knows his stuff and analyzes situations well. He's very kind, understanding, and stays up late enough to be a mod. 23:03, March 16, 2014 (UTC)
- As per above. Also, shorten your sig Wiki. -
- Support: I agree, Kain has been reliable in helping enforcing chat and informing mods of major troubles in chat. He's a very trustworthy person.
- Support: Kain is one of those people that just automatically symbolize the chat. He's a nice guy that has become a dear friend to all of the chat, including me, and, if he's the guy that you have to rely on to do something, you could not have picked a better choice. User:Cbonde101 Cbonde101 (talk) 01:09, March 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: Kain's judgement and advice is well-regarded by members of chat and he is well acquainted with the culture of the community. He is not afraid to take action when he sees that situations are getting out of hand, but above all, I believe that Kain ultimately has the best interests of chat at heart and acts accordingly when confronted with difficult decisions. - Gastropod (talk) 04:51, March 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: As many have stated before me kain would indeed make a truely great chat mod he has a grasp of the rules of the chat and tries hard to get people to obey them he has even broken up a few fights in his own right by mentioning rules/regulations and he greets and treats people with respect he truely does deserve this honor he has done a great job when mods are not online and keeps the peace very well his times alone would also be helpful to the chat as he is on times when others mods, admins, crats arent or when im alone in monitoring chat i think he would make a great mod so for the reasons stated i wholeheartedly support this nomination 04:59, March 17, 2014 (UTC)
- I wholeheartedly support this nomination as well, as the concept has been going around for quite some time now. Kain is a unique user in the sense that he seems to attract others to his personality. Much in the way Preda can't be unliked, it's 1impossible not to warm up to Kain. That's a key factor in being an authoritative community member in the sense that genuine respect goes a long way to making the job easier. He doesn't get in conflict with any users that I know of, and as far as I can see his tendency to work the night shift is absolutely perfect to fill the time space we find modless on occasion. In essence, #Kain2014!!!XenotheWise135 (talk) 06:03, March 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Had I known Kain was willing to accept the role, I would've nominated him weeks ago. He completely deserves this position, and it is clear that the chat feels the same way. Minomelo (talk) 09:49, March 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Kain is a friendly, kind person. And despite his own problems, he listens to others and understands them. He isnt biased and dosnt make rash decisions, which is another point for him. I'm sure that if he becomes a chatmod, he'll do extremely well.
Nominator: Darkness Inferno
Reason for Nomination: Azure is level headed and knows when a joke has gone too far and has proved that she is knowledgeable on the policies well as well as advising people on them as necessary. She also covers the time zone where we are in need of mods. This will make her an excellent candidate for modship and I have no doubt that she will do well in the position.
- Support: I am inclined to agree here she has shown herself time and time again to be logical levelheaded and have the knowledge to know when a joke has gone too far and she will take steps to de-escalate a situation should the need arise for such an action and she upholds the rules very very well and tries to keep others on the same lines in terms of rules for these reasons claire will make a great chatmod i honestly believe 01:16, June 11, 2014 (UTC) PS/OT(off-topic): dang you dark for getting the jump on me! >.<
- Support: I support this. Since she knows the chat policies well and covers the time zone where not many mods are online, she's fit to be a chat mod. 01:21, June 11, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: I think Azure would be a great mod. Hell, she has shown competency to be one in my eyes. Exvnir (talk) 02:19, June 11, 2014 (UTC)
- Personally, with our need of new Chat Moderator's, and Azure's ability to fill the role during the time we need it the most, alongside her attitude and conduct, I fully support her nomination for CM.
- Oppose: Azure is a great person, but she simply isn't suited for the role. She's often borderline with her jokes, and is frankly kind of immature. Minomelo (talk) 01:12, June 11, 2014 (UTC)
Nominator: Project Predacon
Reason for Nomination: Over the past few months, I've noticed Creed's outstanding behavior and maturity in chat. He's mature, level-headed, and has been shown to be willing to take up a leadership position. Not once have I seen him start any conflicts, and he makes active moves to try and end them if they arise. His timezone also fits perfectly with what we need for late hours, and we need a few more Chat Moderator's for our team, making him a great candidate.
- Support: Creed has shown his ability to control situations before they escalate many times both in chat and in mainspace. He is a great person and well suited to for a chat mod position. User:Darkness Inferno/Sig
- Support: Although Creed has only been active in chat for a short while, he's proved to be reliable and I believe he would make a good chat mod. Minomelo (talk) 17:59, June 12, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: I don't recall having to address Creed's behavior at any point, and seems well-behaved. He also doesn't encourage or worsen issues that build in chat. Lazy sig (talk to Grif) 02:26, June 13, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: During times of chaotic modlessness, Creed is a beacon of calmness and sense. Caliburdeath (talk) 04:19, June 13, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: Creed has proven to be level headed in chaotic and tense situations.
- Support: I personally fully support this recommendation as well creed is very helpful and respectful of rules and is very calm in tense situations and he is quite the helpful person to be around he abides follows and obeys rules and encourages others to do so as well which is what we need in times like this he is respectful and honest and can be strict when needed to be and he does well to keep chat calm and civil in tense times so for these reasons i support this nomination 07:56, June 14, 2014 (UTC)
Nominator: Detective Kain
Reason for Nomination: Xeno is a solid, long time user of chat. He frequently tries to ease tensions when conflict arises, smooths things over. His actions over the past few months have in my eyes shown him worthy of being a moderator. He is responsible, knows the rules, follows them, and tries to the best of his ability to make chat a better place. He would make a valuable member of staff, and I believe he'd be a real asset.
- Support: I support Xeno because of all the reasons above. He is calm and makes great attempts at fixing touchy situations. 07:38, June 23, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: I support Xeno for all previously stated reasons. He is kind and very welcoming to any and everyone. Spirit0106 (talk) 08:00, June 23, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: Kain pretty much covered everything in his initial nomination. I also can't recall having to address any serious issues with Xeno in my time on here. CreedKeeper25
- Support: Xeno is extremely mature in just about every situation and his calm approach to fixing situations is just what this chat needs. ~
- Support: Xeno is a great choice for a Chat mod, he know where the line is and often tells people when they have, or are about to cross it. I have talked to him many times about how he would handle situations and I believe that he will do well in this position. 23:08, June 24, 2014 (UTC)
- Per all above. We've had some differences but you're a pretty chill dude. 23:11, June 24, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: As per above.
- Support: The above points, and my own input of his growing maturity and usefulness allow me to support Xeno for the position. He's seemingly well-suited, and we're again, in the need of more Chat Moderators.
- Support: I support Xeno because of the reasons above. 07:18, June 28, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: Xeno is a long-time user of chat, with experience in dealing with the culture of the community. He has established himself as having a dedication to maintaining a positive environment for discussion, something I believe will make him an excellent candidate for the position. - Gastropod
- Support: As per above. -- ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 07:25, June 28, 2014 (UTC)
13th madman (Passed)
Nominator: Detective Kain
Reason for Nomination: Throughout the time that I've been on chat since back in November; Mad has always been someone reliable, kind, agreeable, and someone who has enforced and cared for chat for about as long as I can remember. I am honestly surprised that he isn't a chat moderator already given his qualifications. He runs another wiki himself, he's level headed, and he's on in during times when chat would otherwise be modless. We need more than one guaranteed moderator on at the times the he's on. To sum it up, Mad is an excellent candidate for chat moderator.
- Support: 13 has been a long time member of the wiki chat and has always shown that he knows how to handle a situation, he has past experiance on another wiki as admin and is an all round great choice for a Chat Mod
- Support: 13 has been a member of the wiki chat for a time so long I cannot remember, and in that time he has shown to be insanely mature, not ONCE showing a sign of immaturity, or even silliness for that matter. He never acts in a way that would provoke disgust or annoyance in anyone, and I would act the same way. I think 13 being a chatmod is a fantastic idea. 23:26, July 19, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: Level-headed, experienced in community matters and also with a very keen grasp of the ebb and flow of chat, 13 has pretty much acted as a mod without powers for a while now. It's probably about time that this was officially recognized. - Gastropod (talk) 04:50, July 20, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: Though I don't know much about 13 myself, I'd said he's a true material to be a Chat Moderator like the others do. He has acted in a very mature way, and never showed any signs of being immature or something like that. He is worthy to be a Chat Moderator in my opinion. ChongAlex (talk) 08:34, July 20, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: I personally fully support this myself mad is very active in chat he openly tries to help situations in which chat rules are being broken/strained and he's active in helping deal with people via screencaps/shots i've left mad in charge when i need sleep myself and he is insanely active all throughout the day and night and with the times needed for more mods he is usually right there standing side by side with mods despite not being a mod himself so for these reasons and reasons further stated previously before me i wholeheartedly believe mad would be a very good chatmod 14:41, July 20, 2014 (UTC) On a side note I have been mulling this over in my head for quite some time now rather to nominate mad or not i've been leaning towards yes in recent days however it would seem someone beat me to the punch in nominating dang you kain >.>
- Support as per the reasons above. Mature, calm and kind, he's an ideal choice for a Chat Mod. -- ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 14:44, July 20, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: I've known 13 for a year in the chat, and he's usually active in the chat. He's also a nice person, doesn't get angry easily and a great person to talk to. I also support as per the reasons above. 09:58, July 21, 2014 (UTC)
Nominator: Jon the Rocket Knight
Reason for Nomination: Him and I have been talking to him for a while and I think that his policies on what a chat mod should do should be aplied under him. He is very mature and aproaches things with a calm attitude.
- Oppose: Night is a close friend of mine, but I don't think he would be a good fit as a chat moderator. He's mature, but doesn't really show any signs of enforcing the rules, he's a good fella, but I just don't see him as a good candidate. 21:08, July 19, 2014 (UTC)
- Oppose: As per Kain, Night does not seem to actively try to help alleviate any tension in chat, in addition tends to be AFK a lot, from what I've noticed.
- Oppose: I haven't really noticed Night attempting to contribute towards situations, so I don't think he's the best candidate for the job. Minomelo (talk) 21:28, July 19, 2014 (UTC)
- Oppose: User isn't ready for the role. Lazy sig (talk to Grif) 00:21, July 20, 2014 (UTC)
Due to the length of time this nomination was paused, all votes have been reset. (Original vote)
Nominator: Lauren Darkmore
Reason for Nomination: Azure is level headed and knows when a joke has gone too far and has proved that she is knowledgeable on the policies well as well as advising people on them as necessary. She also covers the time zone where we are in need of mods. This will make her an excellent candidate for modship and I have no doubt that she will do well in the position.
- Support: Support as per the reasons above. 16:04, August 8, 2014 (UTC)
- Oppose: As I said before, Azure is a great person, but she simply isn't suited for the role. She's often borderline with her jokes, and, in my opinion, is a little immature for the role. Minomelo (talk) 02:47, August 10, 2014 (UTC)
- Oppose: She is nice and fun but I do not think she is ready to be a moderator. I believe she doesn't have the thick skin needed for the job. Zathronas 07:38, August 11, 2014 (UTC)
- Oppose: Given her month or so inactivity has made Azure a bit less attractive as a candidate, and coupled with the fact that we have enough chat moderators at the moment makes it impossible for me to vote in support. 10:03, August 11, 2014 (UTC)
- Oppose: I feel that bringing my nomination back up so soon after I was gone for a month (even though it was not my choice to do so) was not something that should have been done. ANd even if I 100% disagree with Mino And Zathronas on me not being ready or suited for the role... I do think that I should have gotten reaquainted with the chat and proven that I will be staying before my vote was put back up.
11:14, August 11, 2014 (UTC)
Nominator: Lauren Darkmore
Reason for Nomination: Since Alchie's return to chat she has taken it upon herself to pick up the slack and has helped hammer down on multiple policy breaks with and without Mod assistance. She has a clear view of where to draw a line and knows how to appropriately handle punishments. She also has show great care in dealing with tense/confidential situations, informing the right people in the right way as to cause the least disruption.
- Support: I have only been here for some time now, but I have also been very watchful as to how the people of chat act. I have heard of Alchie before, and how she conducts herself. She is playful at times and is a nice person once you get to know her. If a problem arises, she'd be there to stop it, and talk to people to ensure it does not persist. A responsible individual that knows the policies and rules, as well as people. She has great people skills, and is someone that anyone can rely upon if they need to talk about their problems or concerns. She knows when to have fun and play around, and then she knows when to get down to the point and address an issue or a problem.
- Support: Alchie is an admirable individual who, from what I have seen, has never shown any signs of belligerent manner. She's a likable person, and she's incredibly friendly to just about everyone, notwithstanding if they're a stranger or not. She's sociable, receptive, and frankly, she knows right from wrong like no one else. She'd make a marvelous chat mod. 01:15, October 21, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: Although I'm able to enter chat frequently from now on, Alchie's personality and attitude never failed my opinion about her. She'll make a great chat moderator if she works hard enough, I'm sure of it! -Chong
- Support: Alchie's hours of operation on chat coincide well with the periods where we tend to be modless more often. Also, she's shown herself to have a good understanding of the rules, and knows when to notify staff should a situation arise that needs our attention. I think she'll be a good addition to the ranks. Creed
- Support: Alchie's a regular user here and she seems to make a great mod in my opinion. She gets along with people well and can maintain that great vibe which made her well loved by many. Also, she helped me with a problem and surely she's doing the same to other people too. I guess she's a good candidate for chat mod Kurichi.
- Support: I'm gonna lay out a firm support. Alchie's proven herself to be really proactive in helping out others in terms of rule sets, and general behaviour.
She's also made a point to assisting us with current issues within the chat itself, without coming off as pushy, or forceful, but instead, coming off as a simple person who wishes to help, for the good of the community here.
She is well liked, and maintains a social aspect with everyone in the chat, which is quite alluring for someone who's given power to maintain and "rule" the chat. Her ability to solve, or at least TRY to solve issues is also very advanced and welcomed, as stated earlier with her helping our own Mod group.
Overall, I really don't see a reasons to why she shouldn't be in this position, as she doesn't have any real "faults" or anything that stands against her, as her reputation in chat is amazing thus far. Support.
- 7. Support: In my few weeks seeing Alchie I notice that she helps out other users with rules and keeping chat steady. She is also respected and liked by everyone in the chat, I don't see any reason why she shouldn't be a chat moderator. I fully support this. - A Perfect Moon
- 8. Support: Alchie has displayed both the dedication and judgement desirable in a chat mod. As previously stated, she is active when other moderators are not available and has displayed the willingness and ability to deal with situations quickly and fairly. She is also a well-respected community member whose advice and guidance other members greatly appreciate, something that will serve her well in a chat mod appointment. - Gastropod (talk) 19:40, October 21, 2014 (UTC)
- 9. Support: Honestly, I believe it's needless to add anything, as people have already pointed out everything; Alchie is a kind, friendly, responsible and mature member of the chat, who follows the rules and often keeps an eye of chat when it is modless. She gets full support from me. -- iLan (XD • Edits ) 08:21, October 22, 2014 (UTC)
- 10. I think Alchie is a great and responsible person who does already look out for users in chat. She also sometimes even help start conversations in chat and is a very kind and thoughtful person. KuraiJack (talk) 08:32, October 22, 2014 (UTC)
- 11. Support: I support her nomination as per the reasons above.
- 12. Support: Alchie is very respecatble, friendly, kind and responsible person. She would always help anyone if they have a problem and give best advices, as well she is liked by everyone on the chat, and keeps the chat steady. I fully support her nomination. -- GoliathK8 20:59, October 22, 2014 (UTC)
- 13. Support: Alchie is a very likeable user and has become pretty active lately. Plus, I've noticed there has been an increasing number of times when there is very limited number of mods in chat in comparison to other users.
- 14. Support: I support this nomination. Alchie is beloved among many members and theres really no argument in this. Alchie is extremely good at making users feel comfortable, and solving problems as well as giving advice for them. She isn't the type to abuse power I'm sure, and I'm equally sure she'll never cause any problems, as she's shown just how mature she is, which surpasses many in chat.
- She will be great at this position and I fully support her. I cant say much now because of how slow my laptop is, but thats the gist.
- I am the keeper of the pickles o,o FEAR ME! And adore me! |Opaquanity.
- 15. Support: Without having read any of the above, I'll give my own support. Alchie is a mature, respectable member of this chat who is always friendly, and is very well liked by the community. I believe she would be uniquely suited to the position of mod, as her kind, caring nature endears her to the rest of chat, and I couldn't see anyone getting mad at her for fulfilling her duties as mod. I feel that she would be a great addition to the modding team. -KyramudKage
- 16: Support: Alchie is a very responsible person who would easily respect the rules of the chat. I'm also pretty sure she can enforce these rules on people cause shes pretty respectable and honest. --~~Floobersman (RWBYwiki Founder) (talk)~~ 21:22, October 24, 2014 (UTC)
Call me Nappa (Passed)
Nominator: Lauren Darkmore
Reason for Nomination: Nappa has been a frequent user on chat for a while now and has repeatedly show an aptitude for handling disruptive situation in chat as well as keeping a calm disposition all the while. He's a well mannered member of the chat and is respected by most. I believe he will prove a worthy member of the wiki staff and is well-deserved of this responsibility.
1: Support: I support Call me Nappa, he is pretty much always in the chat and always keeps a collected yet firm manner when addressing issues. He handles all situations with a distinctive calm. In his time in the chat, he has gained my trust. - CaptainBarracuda (talk) 00:16, January 6, 2015 (UTC)
2: Support: I highly support the prospect of this nomination. Nappa is incredibly well-mannered, and he has a great sense of judgment in all situations. His capacity for leadership and proper judgment is limitless, and I highly agree that he deserves the role of chat mod.00:17, January 6, 2015 (UTC)
3: Support: I support Nappa. From what I've seen he's always in chat and is fairly active and responsible. I've never seen him get very angry at anyone and lose control, and from what I've heard, he's been pretty reliable for a long time. I'd totally trust him as a mod. - ITzAwesomesauce (talk) 08:06, January 6, 2015 (UTC)
6. Support: I highly support Nappa's nomination to Modship. In my eyes, he's more than capable with the position, even more than several mods (past, present, doesn't matter). Without doubt, Nappa is the best choice for Modship, and I'm %100 sure he'll do the job right. --
1: Oppose: While I like Nappa and think he is a OK guy and a frequent user I don't think he needs a nomination. Not yet anyways, but I see why you guys would nominate him though. - A Perfect Moon (talk) 06:03, January 7, 2015 (UTC)
Detective Kain (Passed)
- Nominator: Ilan xd
Alright alright... Let's begin from the start: Kain was a mod here from March to November 2014, but due to personal reasons has left his position. Recently, Kain has returned to chat and since then he's been helping in maintaining peace there. He is a mature, friendly, and level-headed person with good judgement and knowledge in modding. Since his personal issues are gone, and he's now back to action, while also expressing his wish to return as a mod, I believe it'll be good to have him back as a mod.
(No, it's not a joke nomination... -_-)
- I think that Kain is a nice friendly person and when he was a mod before was quite good at his job. I think it would be good to have a familiar face who we already know and respect as a mod again :) —Preceding unsigned comment added by KuraiJack (talk • contribs)
- If I remember correctly, Kain was just on Hiatus as a chat mod. He has, from what I can see, always tried his best when here to keep the peace and be one of the voices of reason in the room. I think it would be a good idea to give him another chance at being a mod even if some are upset that he left. ~AzureDusk~
- Kain was a mod a while ago, so of course he can be a mod again. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Noormuhtaseb (talk • contribs)
- I personally want Kain as a Mod. He's shown previously that he HAS the capabilities, no doubt, as he was on the Modforce beforehand, but left due to reasons, unrelated to his performance. I'm all up for having someone experienced back on the team.
- I support Kain reinstatement as mod as well. He's shown the ability to be a fair and effective mod, and despite having left due to certain circumstances, he's seems ready to be back in it for the long run. He's never caused a problem before, and to those who aren't familiar with him, he's a very down-to-earth guy with lots of patience and a great moral compass. He'll do his job and he'll do it well, so I see no problems with him being back on the force, so to speak. He's got my vote. - XenotheWise135
- After discussing this with several others I am going to be the first to cast the oppose vote. Sadly while Kain is a nice enough person I hold personal opinions of both kain as a person and the fact he quit due to protest instead of seeing a problem through. Nobody should just quit because things are too hard. You quit - you lose. - Alchie
- I've talked to some others about this nomination and I'm afraid I have to oppose for now. I want to give him some time before I will change mind. But this is literally the only reason why I oppose right now. 09:48, March 7, 2015 (UTC)
- As it stands right this moment, Detective Kain has only been back on for a short period of time. While he has definitely shown himself as capable of the position, I feel he has not yet maintained a resumed presence long enough to show that he will be on regularly for the foreseeable future with full understanding of updated policies and newer users. After some time has passed, I would be supportive of him returning to the position, but right now it's too early. 19:30, March 9, 2015 (UTC)
Nominator: Sgt D Grif
Reason for Nomination: Often during the "night shift" of chat, we find ourselves down to a single exhausted mod trying to stay on as long as possible to avoid leaving chat modless. Either this fails and we have a period of no moderators, or we wind up unfairly keeping someone up. Since we don't always have a moderator present during this time, and when we do, it tends to be a single exhausted person, it's quite evident that an additional moderator is needed during this time period. CaptainBarracuda is very frequently on during this position, and is one of the individuals often asked to "keep an eye on things" until the next mod can come on, forwarding any events to said moderator that may have occurred during the interim. Out of the available individuals tasked to do this, CaptainBarracuda is the most qualified to take up a position as a chat moderator. He already has experience communicating with several moderators and administrators on the wiki, has a friendly attitude towards users, and has a clean record. With the position of chat moderator, CaptainBarracuda can directly intervene on any issues that may arise instead of having to screenshot them and wait. Furthermore, existing staff will be less pressured to keep themselves awake for extra-long hours.
1: Support: I support Barr's nomination; he's calm, mature, cool, level-headed, friendly and easy to get along with. I personally think he'll do a good job as a mod, more than some of the mods we currently have (that's for another time), and right now he is undoubtedly the strongest candidate for the position -- User:Raziel Reaper
2: Support: Barra has been active on chat for some time and has proven himself to be reliable, trustworthy and of sound judgement. As noted, he is active at times when other mods are not available, and has previously been entrusted with 'watching' chat during these times. Formal mod status would enable him to fulfil these duties more effectively. - Gastropod (talk)
3: Support: Huh. I've been thinking about Barra being a chat mod. Since I'm bad with words, I'll just say what Ilan and Gas have said. :P — Yuki Izumi
4: Support: As said above, Barry is often on during times which chat is modless and has shown the potential to be a great mod. He has my confidence that he will be an excellent choice. — Minomelo (talk) 14:04, June 23, 2015 (UTC)
5: Support: Barra has proven on many occasions that he is sensible and reliable when necessary, and seems to be a good choice for the role. More than once I have been forced to leave the chat modless by circumstances, and more than once I have felt confident asking Barra to keep an eye on it. All in all, I suspect he would do well in the role. 13th madman (talk) 16:57, June 23, 2015 (UTC)
6: Support: Grif said exactly what I would have. He's got the standards for what should be allowed on chat, the guy is up at the right time, and when I'm on during that time, he takes it seriously and actively does what he knows he should. He's already a moderator, the guy just needs a badge. - RickHarper
7: Support: I support Barra as a Chat moderator 100%, He is a mature, respectable and fun person. He’s active and I see him the most frequent on chat, and I trust him, which is something I rarely do. I’m happy to see him nominated and would be happy to see him as a moderator.~Sastgamer "Sassy Sast Sas"
1: Oppose: I personally believe that Barra doesn't seem fit for a position as a moderator, though he just seems like a helper more than a chat moderator.- Halcyonic Angel
The Velvet Scarlatina (Passed)
Nominator: Gureru Satokurifu
Reason for Nomination: Now before I say anything I am not doing this because she is my friend or because she told me to, this is simply on my behalf. The Velvet Scarlatina(Milla/Agria) has always followed by the rules. Not much has ever crossed her (if anything at all) in violation. Chat could use a new moderator since the number of the moderators are currently low and the time placements are not alligned properly. Milla does not fill in the time range from 4 AM PST to 6 AM PST but other than that she is widely on filling in most gaps in which others are offline. I feel accepting her as a moderator would benifit greatly to the Chat and should help with much of our low numbers.
Also I would prefer not to go too much on support/oppose. Some people might see my supports as biased, but you all know I support it obviously.
- I support this. Velvet has always been nice to be around, and always followed the rules. She would be a great moderator to have. -TheLazurus
- Milla is super responsible and is around a whole lot. I think she'd be a great mod. -ItzNikkitty
- Agria has been shown to be available during hours where no other mod has been able to be on. As for her general and neutral behavior, I believe she will act accordingly to the rules and enforce them, no matter which user broke it. -Nappa
Yuki Burrito Izumi (Declined)
Nominator: Halcyonic Angel
Reason for Nomination: Even though she has zero staff experience on Wikia-- I believe that this can be her first shot at being apart of the staffing team. Yuki has been here for a while  has been seen being very friendly and welcoming towards users and behaves within satisfactory measures, and I'm more than positive that she can uphold the rules and regulations of this Wikia. She is generally active and can help ensure the chat is under control and doing her job-- all while still having fun with the users.
If I recall correctly, she hasn't violated any of our Wikia's regulations in the past, and is a firm follower of them. I have no doubt that she could perform the role of a Chat Moderator in successful performance.
- Support: Yuki is quite responsible, and on a lot of the time. From what Ive seen, she wouldnt have any problem enforcing the rules. Id also like to point out to grif that personality shouldnt be a factor if shes willing to follow the rules and do her job. -Blake Rose
- Support: Yuki is a very friendly person, and is a responsible person, 2 qualities I feel are important in a staff position. I also believe she'd be good at enforcing the rules if need be, and wouldn't show any bias. - CaveJohnson333
- Oppose: While Yuki is generally well-behaved in chat and does not typically violate the chat policies, I unfortunately do not believe that her personality is suited for the role of Chat Moderator. While she can certainly be friendly with users, there are also leadership and occasional authoritative traits needed to perform the role as well that I have not seen from the user. 03:28, September 9, 2016 (UTC)
- Oppose: Yuki has been shown to follow the rules and behaves well. But I feel she is not yet ready for the role of Chat Mod. This does not have to do with being authoritative, but I feel Yuki might also not be able to be perform her duties on an unbiased level and take insults of chat users who do break the rules and spew out hateful comments towards her. Psychologically, chat modding is mentally exhausting, and I feel as though Yuki might not be able to handle it just yet. Perhaps in the future though. -Nappa
- Oppose: While Yuki is generally good at following the rules, there has been a couple of smaller occasions where she has shown qualities not suited for a chat moderator. I also have the same feelings as Grif and Nappa with the idea that while she is generally nice, her personality isn't suited for the role of chat moderator. Minomelo (talk) 22:21, September 11, 2016 (UTC)
Mini has been a strong presence on the Discord chat since it launched. He's attentive to what is going on in every channel. He also hasn't been afraid to step in when necessary to ask people to cool it or remind them of policy. He also keeps things transparent and lets staff know when something is going on that someone already in possession of chat rights might need to be present.
(In the staff channel)
-MiniDaggers - 09/09/2017
-MiniDaggers - Today at 1:27 PM
I feel that Mini has shown himself to be clear-headed, efficient and present enough to be a chat moderator.
- Suport: MiniDaggers has shown himself to be on top of discussion going on, understand the rules of chat well, and if he is unsure he asks for clarification. He is polite but firm in his dealings with other people, and has a good attitude. SpiritedDreaming|EDGElord (talk) 02:55, October 8, 2017 (UTC)
Nominator: Captain Barracuda
Reason for Nomination: I nominate Piscean for the role of chat moderator. Throughout his time in the chat, Piscean has demonstrated his maturity and ability to remain cool headed. The chat is in need of more people like him and I feel that nominating him would benefit to the chat's atmosphere and population. Addtionally, he has experience with community staffing from his time on the Fanon wiki, giving him an experienced look upon the situation. Furthermore, he has shown more than once his ability to give criticism without being rude or mean.
For all these reasons, I would like to see Piscean become a chat moderator for this community.
2: Support: I was pondering if he should be one or not, but as I already know that he's a great person (and I actually sent him tons of memes too, which he reacted with in varying funny forms.) Since the server is in need of moderators, I nominate him, for that he will be a great candidate. ~ Naoshi Kanno, July 30, 2018 10:36 PM CDT / 4:36 AM GMT
3: Support: Piscean has shown himself to be mature. I support the fish's nomination of the fish. -CT-Knightmare
4: Neutral, leaning towards Support: In the current situation and with the current people present, I feel Piscean is indeed a good choice for a Moderator. He's not the most present person, sure, but that's mostly due to issues finding a house + internet problems, both of which are temporary, and even then he's more present and participative than a good deal of the staff. He's mature and cool-headed, so I seriously doubt he would be trigger happy with bans just because someone said something mean to him or because some "Social Justice googles" told him X was "offensive". He's also friendly, tolerant and easy to get along with, which would make people more willing to listen to him compared to the other mods.
That said, he's not an "excellent" choice; he has experience at Staffing, but his role in the Fanon wiki is Reviewer, not Moderator. He reviews OCs, that's it, and he's not a Mod at their Discord either (in fact, moderation there is pretty small, though interestingly conflicts break out there far less). And being a Mod does require occasionally being rough when required, and I've never seen Piscean be like that. - Arctūrus The Melt Archangel King Wolf Star 02:19, July 31, 2018 (UTC)
1: Oppose: While I have nothing against Piscean personally, I don't really think he has the teeth necessary to be a moderator. Additionally, from what I remember his presence on the Discord is spotty a lot of the time, which is already an issue with the current staff. Why add another person who's going to be on at the same times the rest are going to be on if there's no guarantee they'll behave any differently than the current staff? Arkantos95 (talk) 03:51, July 31, 2018 (UTC)
2: Neutral, leaning toward Oppose: Honestly like Piscean and was mostly OK when I heard he was going to be asked. I actually thought he'd refused since so much time passed between him publicly being told to check his PMs and now. But I especially thought he had refused because two days ago I saw him break the no NSFW rule on the server. He and a new-to-the-server user had a brief back and forth of putting sexual "caption this" on Renora screenshots.
NSFW stands for Not Safe For Work... which means if you said it or showed it at work, you'd risk getting into trouble. This includes, among many things, posting about alternate locations for penetration, as Piscean did, and posting visuals designed to look like genitals, as the user above me did. In the second case, the user got punished for it, which resulted in an indignant uproar among the chat users over a consequence for the NSFW rule actually being enforced when more comparatively severe things have been allowed or gone unchecked. So much so, that users came to convince themselves/believe that phallic images are not NSFW.
Having another chat mod who doesn't understand or enforce all the rules would just be a step backward. It's great that someone wants to help moderate, but if its just another person without the capacity to fully do it, then what's the point? At best, the server would remain in the toxic state its found itself, with active users constantly challenging or mocking the mods, and departed users reinforced in their opinion of it being an out-of-control cesspool.
Zoey (Zoey#6364) (Passed)
Reason for Nomination: Zoey has been an active member of the chat for a long time now, has a longstanding record of helping the moderation team keeping tab on the chat, and has displayed outstanding behavior for the duration of their membership. She has shown that she is reliable and has a good judgement upon when a situation warrants intervention.
2: She is helpful and active. Would be nice to have her to help out.
4: We're in need of more moderators, and out of the userbase of the Discord, Zoey is one of the best choices we have. Zoey conducts herself properly, and is able to identify problematic behaviors. 06:31, October 30, 2019 (UTC)
6. I hadn't even been on this wiki for like half of the year, but yeah, Zoey certainly gets the job done, whether on Discord or here. Definitely one of her top traits is sheer amounts of being positive and working no matter what the diffuculty lies besides her. I wasn't gonna vote initially, but yeah, I just gave in. User:Naoshi Kanno
Reason for Nomination: SpiritedDreaming has, in my observation, consistently proven to be a helpful, kind, and reasonable contributor on the forums, particularly in the off-topic boards. My reason for nominating this user is best shown by her handling of the discussion starting here, during which I will admit I was not on best behavior. throughout it, she attempted to maintain a calm head and help user Bajarias.Josef when others were harassing him, and in fact threatened to attempt to get him temporarily banned. Her handling of this situation seems, in my eyes, like it would serve as an asset to improve the community as a whole, as she routinely interacts with hotheaded or aggressive individuals without losing her temper.
- Support: SpiritedDreaming is level-headed and has a mature approach to situations. She would make an excellent forum moderator. - Gastropod (talk)
- Support: At the end of the day, the forum moderator position has been neglected and needs to get going. Someone who can properly act in volatile situations is the sort of person we need to start up with this new position and help work though experimentation with it. 05:46, September 27, 2015 (UTC)
- Support: Looking at the example here, I'm pleasantly surprised. Her kind, calm, and patient approach is remarkable, and I believe she'll make a great forum mod with her skills and attitude. --
- Support: It's about time that we take the first step in getting the forum moderators branch of the wiki up and running. Spirited is a pretty good candidate for one because of her general overall helpful behavior. Hopefully with her nomination, a chain reaction ensues and we'll have the forum mods filled by the end of the year. The Intellectual Rapist (argue) 03:34, September 28, 2015 (UTC)
Reason for Nomination: Vedran consistently makes an effort to keep threads in the off-topic forum on track, as well as regularly participating in other parts of the forum, almost always keeping a level head when arguments arise. In addition, he has been making active attempts to improve the writing quality of the wiki as a whole in the past weeks.
1: Support: VedrantheII has endeavoured to be helpful and civil to everyone he interacts with, and has been a constant presence on the Wiki for at least a year now. He makes sure his comments are tactful and is good at pointing out the other side of a conversation or problem. He has also been a help in monitoring threads and alerting those in charge to problems that crop up, even before this nomination. - SpiritedDreaming
2: Support: I've seen Vedran act around the forums for quite a while now, and he has a good head in his shoulders. By that I mean he's level-headed and quite civil with dealing with people. For a while, he has also done some minor forum moderation when things get a crazy when there are no mods around. All in all, a decent candidate for forum mod. The Intellectual Rapist (argue) 12:24, April 26, 2016 (UTC)
3: Support: Vedran is an active member of the community with sound judgement and a chill, easy-going demeanor in addition to a sense of responsibility and attentiveness. He already helps with creating new threads and generally keeping things in order on the Forums, and also works closely with Spirit, our existing forum mod. - Gas (talk) 14:33, April 27, 2016 (UTC)
I am nominating Trumpet for Content Moderator because he is someone who has always been very diligent with the wiki. He has a constant presence, is helpful, and will be there even when others are not. He was 100% reliable during Volume 4's run. I have confidence he can make the the proper calls regarding pages on the wiki. Also, being an admin on the German RWBY wiki means he's already familiar with how to use the page rights that will be given him if the nomination passes.
- Support: Trumpet is one of the most active users I have seen on this wiki with such quality only being beaten out by the speed at which he can respond to an issue. That response time combined with my having little reason to distrust his judgement from recalling the majority of edits he has made that I have seen, I fully support his promotion to Content Moderator. MiniDaggers 16:31, September 30, 2017 (UTC)
- Support: Though myself and a few other rollbacks have been slacking during the off-season, Trumpet has maintained a consistent and effective presence throughout. I can see no reason to oppose his promotion. Phantomlink959 (talk) Crankiest of RWBY rollbacks 21:10, October 1, 2017 (UTC)
- Support: Trumpet is extremely active on this wiki, helping to maintain our standards. He is quick off the mark, understands what we as an information wiki want in our pages, and as stated before by HazelQuill7445, has experience with page rights that will only mean good things for the wiki. SpiritedDreaming|EDGElord 13:57 October 2, 2017
- Support: Trumpet is fairly active in updating wiki information and I've seen quite a few of his off-season works to be pretty decent. I'm a bit out of touch in how the wiki's been handled, but seeing how frequent his name shows up when editing articles, I can safely say he's a good choice for this nomination. Maki-Maki (argue) 05:57, October 6, 2017 (UTC)
I am nominating Vedran for Content Moderator because he is another reliable level-headed person who has proven himself helpful to the wiki. He was present and giving assistance whenever needed during Volume 4's run. This includes times when he was at work and times when he wasn't quite sure how to do the format or code for certain edits, but he was game because it needed to be done. Vedran consistently shows a willingness to be there.
- Support: Vedran has consistently shown himself to be level headed and polite when dealing with people adding incorrect information to articles, or when deleting unnecessary information. He is always willing to step up and assist in any way he can and learn new skills to help him work on the wiki more effectively. SpiritedDreaming|EDGElord 13:57 October 2, 2017
- Support: VedranTheII already has experience in editing articles on the wiki and staff experience on the RWBY Wiki. The user seems like an excellent choice for this new role we're adding. 00:39, October 3, 2017 (UTC)
- Support: Vedran is fairly competent in the tasks involving the wiki. He's good at assisting the staff in the more daunting tasks to do in the wiki. Maki-Maki (argue) 06:01, October 6, 2017 (UTC)
Reason for Nomination: I am nominating Phantomlink959 for the position of content moderator. He has has been a rollback for nearly three years, keeping an eye out for trouble and asking for a second opinion when an edit was ambiguous enough to give him pause. He is also a passionate contributor to several threads, like the original weapons threads, both when submitting and responding to other users. As a result, it is my belief that the time is right to extend his responsibilities to Content Moderator, so he may intervene in threads when they escalate.VedranTheII (talk) 05:05, December 8, 2019 (UTC)
1: Support: Phantom has been very active around the threads, and especially recently has stepped up to try to keep hotter heads in check. He's been a constant presence not only on Fan creation threads, but also joining in with the discussions about new episodes and in the page comments. As for his duties as a rollback, he's performed them admirably, catching vandals and undoing spoilers in minimal time during his active hours. He's brought idea threads on the Administrative Requests forum to the attention of other staff, and provided feedback on wiki maintenance decisions. He will be a good addition to our Content Moderator team. SpiritedDreaming|EDGElord (talk) 02:47, December 9, 2019 (UTC)
2: Support: Phantom is frequently available on the wiki and knows when to step in during a conflict. He works swiftly and accurately whenever there is trouble, and in cases where he is uncertain, he discusses course of action with fellow staff members. He lends a hand with wiki matters whenever he is able, and he participates in and watches various areas of the wiki. With Content Moderator powers, he will be able to assist even more. ChishioKunrin (talk) 03:18, December 9, 2019 (UTC)
3: Support: Given how capable he has proven himself time and time again, I see no reason for him not to have the position of Content moderator. Also, he is present alot of the time and quite vigilant. I look foward to him having the position. The Trumpet player of (talk) 08:19, December 9, 2019 (UTC)
4: Support: Phantom is very active on the wiki, objective when things happen and helpful in regular interactions like the forum threads and comments. He's also been with this wiki for a long, long time. He is an admirable and effective member of the staff. You could say he's been acting like a moderator all this time, so having his official title reflect this is a good idea. EmBELLEm (talk) 23:32, December 9, 2019 (UTC)
5: Support: Whenever things get heated between other users Phantom has often come in to convince them to drop the subject before things can escalate to far. He is very active on the site making it easier to catch such incidences. He as earned a nomination to become a content mod through his dedication to keep things civil between users. Lord Jaric (talk) 7:35, December 11, 2019 (UTC)
Nominator: Maki Kuronami
Reason for Nomination: Creed is a recent newcomer to the wiki who had done astounding work in the pages as of late. He proved himself worthy by doing a mass cleaning throughout the wiki for the past weeks. Potentially, he'll be a great asset in times when certain admins are unavailable and grammar cleaning may be needed.
- Creed is most definitely a great editor and knows the wiki layout well, he's dedicated to his task and is great at it too. He will be an awesome addition to the Staff. User:Darkness Inferno/Sig
- I support this. After seeing him not only rapidly increase his activity, and monitoring him since then, Creed is indeed a worthwhile candidate for Rollback. He has made worthwhile edits to pages, while also maintaining a mature, and very professional attitude in the editing element. He's more than proven himself for the position, and I'd gladly support is promotion.
- Creed has recently contributed a large amount of high quality edits and has shown a lot of dedication to his work. I fully support this nomination. Minomelo (talk) 18:34, June 5, 2014 (UTC)
Nominator: Darkness Inferno
Reason for Nomination: Mino has been actively blitzing through the wiki recently cleaning up grammar and keeping it consistent, as well as safe guarding pages from bad edits and trolls, I believe he is well deserving of this recognition.
- Support: As I've been semi-active around the time he's doing the edits, I can confirm that Mino has done a fine job for the wikia as of late. His work on the Battle Pages is interesting to note too. The Intellectual Rapist (talk) 02:22, December 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Seeing as the battle pages were my idea, I'd been following them closely, and to see the work Mino threw into that concept was amazing. He knows what he's doing, he makes good edits, he's active, and best of all he's committed. A thousand edits for somebody who's been here for only a month and a half shows drive. Complete support.User:XenotheWise135
- As per above. -
- Mino has an obnoxious number of mainspace edits and all of them are incredibly productive. He has put an enormous amount of effort into his edits and has an excellent grasp of encyclopaedic content, logical flow and aesthetics. I can't think of anyone more suited to the position. - Gastropod (talk) 14:11, December 15, 2013 (UTC)
- Support: After seeing what mino has done for this wikia and the effort he has put into the battle pages i must admire his resolve and he has quite the knowledge regarding editing and submitting therefore i too support him with this power he has proven he knows much about how the wikia runs and works therefore im inclined to agree with those before me in saying he should be granted this since it would be more helpful to the wikia and the content. 19:21, December 16, 2013 (UTC)
Maki Kuronami (Passed)
Nominator: Darkness Inferno
Reason for Nomination: Maki has been a long time editor of the wiki and knows how things work, he has demonstrated many times his ability to spot and take care of bad edits/trolls, he has also recently put his time into updating every image currently on the wiki to it's highest quality. Though he may not be as active now I trust that he will make good use of this position once he returns to active duty.
- Support: Even though he's only been semi-active as of late the amount of work Maki has put into the Wikia is staggering, especially his recent work on the Image Galleries. --Minomelo (talk) 08:31, December 24, 2013 (UTC)
- Support: He has been fairly active on the Wikia, and did a lot of hard work for the Wiki. And especially his work for the image galleries updating to the highest resolution possible.
Darkness Inferno (Passed)
Reason for Nomination: Darkness Inferno is an established user with an excellent track record, and has maintained a consistent level of activity on the Wiki for quite some time. His edits are without exception incredibly productive and he has been at the forefront of creating several high-content pages like the Inconsistencies page. He is also active in the community, and has performed his duties as a chat mod with the same zeal and enthusiasm that I believe he will also display as a rollback user.
- Support: 100% Support! Logan has a history of making valuble edits, and has been involved in the process of creating many different sections of the WIki. Nobody on this Wiki deserves the position more than he. Minomelo (talk) 21:00, January 16, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: Full support. He has some fair experience in editing and has notably created the Inconsistencies pages. To wit, he's an invaluable member of the wikia. Once he's proven to be good as Rollback, I will recommend him for admin work some months later. (PS. Would his Rollback position affect his current Chat Mod position?) The Intellectual Rapist (argue) 03:27, January 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: As I have stated in the past, Dark is an excellent choice for rollback. To the above user, Rollback rights would not have any effect on his Moderator position. Lazy sig (talk to Grif) 05:00, January 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: The user is very active and has contributed much to the wiki.
Nominator: Maki Kuronami
Reason for Nomination: Pyrrho's been doing some grammar fixing on the same level as Minomelo for a couple of months now. He was far active last November, now he's a bit on the semi-active state, but his work is definitely appreciative. I think he deserves at least a position here once he becomes a bit more active.
- Support: I disagree with some of the other points made so far. Pyrrho has been pretty active recently, making a number of strong grammatical edits. He has my full support to be promoted to Rollback. Minomelo (talk) 18:36, January 18, 2014 (UTC)
- Oppose: This is only barely an oppose, I fully agree with Maki's points and think that maniac would be worthy of the Rollback position, but only once he becomes reasonably active in mainspace again. User:Darkness Inferno/Sig 18:10, January 16, 2014 (UTC)
- As Dark said, the user looks good, but is very inactive in the main lately.
The Devil's Advocate WP (Passed)
Reason for Nomination: WP is a frequent longtime editor of the Wikia and has cleaned up multiple articles for the past months. He also has some experience in editing as he mentions on his profile, making him a prime candidate as a future admin.
- Support: WP seems like an excellent choice for Rollback. we need more forum users on the staff and his contributions and frequent edits are more the enough to earn him this position. User:Darkness Inferno/Sig 22:15, February 16, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: WP seems like a good candidate for Rollback and has my support. Minomelo (talk) 02:24, February 19, 2014 (UTC)
Nominator: Darkness Inferno
Argorrath is a machine at what he does, though most of you may not have noticed he has non-stop categorised all the images on this wiki and is still doing it now. His contributions page more or less speaks for itself. He has easily earned this recognition and is a shining example of a contributor.
- Support: I may have never talked to Argorrath, but he has well over two-thousand edits on this wiki. That in itself is extremely impressive and as he is an Administrator on two other wikis, I think that this position is very secure in his hands. His edits in catagorizing the pictures on this wiki have no doubt been invaluable. I support his promotion to Rollback. 17:12, March 12, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: I have known about Argorrath's edits for almost a year now, and I've really appreciated his background tasks and keeping the images in order, as it was a really mess before it. So I fully support this. -Nederlanderz
- After seeing the evidence presented to me, I will say Argorrath definitely deserves this position.
He's been very helpful (Under the radar too, he never asked for recognition in his obvious dedication) and as stated, his categorizing of the Wikia's images has indeed been helpful.
With the Wiki growing bigger with each passing day, and the imminent release of Volume 2, we need more people like him in our Staff. Snow Angel supports this nomination. 18:41, March 12, 2014 (UTC)
- Support Argo has plenty of experience with wikis, and continues to excellently contribute. His work speaks for itself, making further explanation unneeded. Lazy sig (talk to Grif) 01:25, March 13, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: He deserves this position for all the reasons stated above. - The Wiki Meister
Nominator: Darkness Inferno
Reason for Nomination: Chishio is an extremely active forum user and has shown her ability to tell good and bad edits time and time again. She will be an excellent candidate for Rollback and will undoubtedly help us in the coming edit storm of volume 2.
- Support: Full support. Chishio has a small, but decent track record in her list. Being knowledgeable in Remnant lore is also beneficial as she can easily notice some mis-information and clarify it.
PS. I feel retarded for not noticing that Chishio was a girl. The Intellectual Rapist (argue) 09:20, April 1, 2014 (UTC)
- I support this, her contributions have been noteworthy and helpful and as Darkness said, this will be helpful with the increased traffic that Volume 2 will have upon the Wiki. As per earlier points, and my own, I support this nomination.
- Weak Support: A majority of Chisio's edits are from discussions, however she does meet the required amount of mainspace edits. As such, I am willing to support this and give her a chance. Lazy sig (talk to Grif) 07:46, April 7, 2014 (UTC)
Nominator: Maki Kuronami
Reason for Nomination: WaterWak is a sporadic contributor, but when active, he does quite a few things for the wiki, having helped in the creation of multiple pages, and had worked with cleaning up grammar and stuff on many occasions.
- Oppose: While the user does show great potential, and this is definitely a proposal I'd like to look at again in the future, right now I feel it's a bit premature. Lazy sig (talk to Grif) 14:52, August 9, 2014 (UTC)
- Oppose: TheWaterWak's edits have been a good contribution to the Wiki, he's a good editor. But as per above, I think it's a bit early and I aswell would like to think about it in the future.
23:55, August 9, 2014 (UTC)
The Trumpet player of (Passed)
Reason for Nomination: Trumpet clearly puts a lot of thought into the Wiki, and has been helpful with reviewing new edits and alerting admins when something on an article is missing or inaccurate. While he doesn't write a large amount of content himself, he usually has thoughtful and useful input to give on mainspace articles. He has also been very helpful stopping vandals and trolls, and giving him rollback ability would allow him to do that job more easily.
1: Support: I support Trumpet becoming a rollback. He is usually first on the scene in regards to vandalism and trolls in mainspace. I'm sure he'll make a great addition to the team.
2: Support: I support this nomination. I've seen Trumpet cleaning up articles and undoing vandalizedits as quickly as possible. He also comes up with good questions and ideas to the Mods if there's something to be added, which shows me that he has ambition for taking up this role.11:52, December 22, 2015 (UTC)
3: Support: His edits have always been well thought out and of good quality, and relevant information. Plus, he is good at catching those things others might miss, and is quick to catch vandals and revert their edits. Becoming a Rollback will only help him with this, and allow him to undo stacked vandalising edits quicker. SpiritedDreaming 11:58, December 22, 2015 (UTC)
4: Support: I support The Trumpet Player Of for rollback. He is often seen improving edits and is very often one step ahead of the staff in the fight against vandals. Having him as a rollback would allow him to do what he does in a quicker way. Captain Barracuda (talk) 17:02, December 22, 2015 (UTC)
Reason for Nomination: Phantomlink959 has been an established user of the Wiki for some time, and has a good grasp of Wiki editing policies and standards. He is often attentive when it comes to policing edits and is quick to respond to vandalism. With rollback rights, he would be able to address these issues more efficiently.
- Support: While he has some rather opinionated stuff on the non-editing side of things, it cannot be argued that he is very capable in sniping out bad edits and handling them no problem. While there isn't much work to be done during the downtime, it would still be helpful to have an active rollback check once in a while since quite a bunch of the old timer rollbacks are rarely active these days. The Intellectual Rapist (argue) 04:11, June 19, 2016 (UTC)
- Support: He is very mindful of improper edits and vandalism and will undo them if he gets to them. Lord Jaric 04:38, June 19, 2016 (UTC)
- Support: He is very quick to act. Although I might argue to quick, as he does sometime make posts on the boards before he can properly mull over his response, I cannot argue with his effectiveness in sniping bad edits, be they mistakes or vandalism. As a result, I fully support giving him more power in terms of moderating wiki edits. VedranTheII (talk) 14:53, June 19, 2016 (UTC)
Reason for Nomination: Hazel hasn't been around for very long but during her time on the Wiki she has already done a huge amount to improve the Wiki, most notably spearheading the new Remnant Timeline page. She's also been involved in other concerted efforts to improve the Wiki such as including quotes on Battle Pages and linking them up with the other mainspace articles, amongst other general edits. She also seeks feedback from other users and admins on editing decisions, demonstrating that she is in-tune with the community.
2.Support: I support this nomination primarily for the reasons mentioned by Gastropod. The Timeline and quotes particularly showing Hazel's desire to improve the wiki and her commitment to this goal. MiniDaggers 12:02, July 8, 2016 (UTC)
3.Support: Support. Another talented individual among the community to help out with the edits and changes will be much appreciated. As also per the reasons stated above. Birb
4.Support: Hazel is one of the post-volume 3 users who's been hanging around for a while but demonstrated contributions on par with veteran users in a short span of time. She can help with further contributions from this head start position. The Intellectual Rapist (argue) 16:19, July 8, 2016 (UTC)
5.Support: Hazel’s contributions are easy to track, I just have to check the activity board every 24 hours. Combined that with a really good track record in a short amount of time, I see only reasons to support this nomination. VedranTheII (talk) 19:49, July 8, 2016 (UTC)
Reason for Nomination: Jaden has helped out with creating emblems and other vector graphics for the Wiki including the new wordmark. She also takes the initiative when helping out on the Wiki, such as starting work on the (work-in-progress) behind the scenes pages. She also helps give feedback on articles, working with other staff members by giving suggestions and ideas on improvements.
1.Support: I support JadenLan for rollback because I already think of Jaden as one of the most prominent users on the wiki, using artistic talent and friendly wit to make everyone's experience better. ^.^ HazelQuill7445 (talk) 13:31, July 8, 2016 (UTC)
2.Support: I am in support of this. With all the help they have done for the Wikia, they will make an excellent rollback. Birb
4.Support: Considering that I am fairly new to the wiki I will say now that I am not the most qualified person to speak of Jaden's contributions, especially those that occurred prior to my arrival. Despite this I fully support the nomination as from what I have seen (difficult to say anything new as what I would mention has been concisely put by Gastropod) in my opinion Jaden has done enough so as to deserve the position. MiniDaggers 16:31, July 8, 2016 (UTC)
5.Support:Jaden’s an excitable and good person. Worst thing you can say about her is she sometimes acts before she thinks, but whenever that happened her actions did not result in any damage to the wiki. On the contrary, any and all of her edits here were made with permission from somebody else…I’m not entirely sure how this new position will translate into her actually using the position for anything, as I find it really hard to remember a lot on instances in which Jaden undid edits, but the new position will at least give Jaden easier ways to discuss her ideas with admins, which can only improve the speed at which changes to this wiki are made. VedranTheII (talk) 19:49, July 8, 2016 (UTC)
Lord Jaric (Passed)
Jaric has been a long-time member of this wiki community and has been so dedicated that he is one of 19 out of 4k+ registered users to win the True Huntsman badge. It’s easy to see that his contributions to the wiki are about more than daily dedication. He keeps an eye on the articles to make sure that they are accurate, current and not vandalized or revealing spoilers. Through all this he remains in tune with wiki decisions.
Jaric has innovative ideas, like the well-written Beseiged Village page (later renamed for consistency and navigability) and the ill-fated Families page.
I’ve noticed Jaric keep a cool head on more than one occasion. There have been potential edit wars, but Jaric is never the one to escalate it. He was even once wronged by another user and though he did advocate for himself, he also showed the wisdom to withdraw when the other user was non-responsive to reason and ready to turn the situation into drama. Jaric also owns it when he makes mistakes, and the ability to have perspective as a member of staff is a desirable asset.
The rollback position is something that Phantomlink959 and I have joked as being guard duty. Jaric has long been looking out for the wiki in this way and he has earned acknowledgement for the role he already performs. As staff he can have increased opportunity to share and implement his ideas which will only help the wiki continue to grow.
1: Support: I've seen Lord Jaric around the wiki quite a bit. He's quick on the uptake and good at providing summaries of why he undoes an edit or makes one himself. SpiritedDreaming (talk) 01:20, January 22, 2017 (UTC)
2: Support: Jaric is a name that I frequently see pop up in the wiki activity whenever I have the free time to check and he generally never made bad edits throughout 2016. Most of his contributions are beneficial to the wiki so I see no downside in giving him a position. Maki-Maki (argue) 03:51, January 22, 2017 (UTC)
3: Support: Jaric is fairly active on the wiki having a good deal of mainspace edits under his belt, the quality of which have already been covered sufficiently well in the nomination and by other supporters, in addition to him participating regularly in the community. I see no reason not to support him being granted the position of rollback. MiniDaggers (talk) 22:14, January 22 2017 (UTC)
Mini is one of the most prominent and active users on the wiki. He is here every day, participating in discussions whether they are on articles or in the forum. His daily attentiveness to what is happening is greatly to his merit as a possible member of staff.
What he is most noticeable for is the burden he took on himself to provide transcripts for the Commentaries. This has been a huge help in the wiki being able to source its fact as well as providing useful information. If there is something from the commentaries that comes up but hasn’t been written yet, Mini will find the time to look it up and provide the details. He has always been 100% dependable on this, whether asked by staff or in response to a fellow user as given in the linked example.
He’s shown initiative, not only with the Commentaries, but in the creation of spoiler threads like when RT surprised all fans with early WoRs. Mini has even made people feel welcome to join the wiki when they had previously held back.
Staff has had their eye on Mini for some time but there were reservations due to his occasional tendency to have a poor or argumentative attitude. In the past few months this has noticeably improved into thoughtful suggestions and fair feedback as well as pushback that no longer opens the door to drama. His past obstinacy, as it were, can also be a positive trait. I see in Mini the potential to be a member of staff who is an advocate for the wiki community.
1: Support: MiniDaggers has shown in the past he's a good contributor to the wiki both in pages and in keeping edit wars from happening, as provided in the example above. SpiritedDreaming (talk) 01:20, January 22, 2017 (UTC)
2: Support: Mini is a relatively new member of the wiki and slowly but surely proved to be one of the more colorful individuals to ever come here. In terms of contribution, he's on the same page as Jaric. Maki-Maki (argue) 03:51, January 22, 2017 (UTC)
4: Support: Mini is one of the most dedicated users on the wiki, his work on the commentaries shows this. I can't see any reason why he shouldn't be a rollback. GreyStark (talk) 22:27, January 22, 2017 (UTC)
Reason for Nomination: Jkphantom is a dedicated fan who has been with the wiki for over four years. They are attentive to the community, often responding to user comments and questions as well as bringing in links to both fun and pertinent information: RT announcements, VA tweets, and RT secret message connections. JKP keeps an eye on the articles and sometimes even beats out staff on the spoiler patrol—which shows just how present they are. It doesn't stop there. To keep the wiki as up to date as possible, JKP also fills in articles wherever needed yet not touched and captures thumbnails at episode announcements. Jkphantom9 is a knowledgeable, present and willing user in our community who will be a fine guardian of the wiki.
1: Support: As one of the few people who are still around after so many years on the Wikia, I can safely say that Jkphantom9 deserves this position. His editing skills really stand out, and showed his dedication to it from time to time again. Other than that, I support for the same other reasons Hazel mentioned.20:47, October 31, 2017 (UTC)
2: Support: JKphantom is a user I often see editing the wiki in a productive manner. They have clearly shown to be competant in the mainspace both for the creation and addition to articles as well as for the removal of the aforementioned spoilers by Hazel and if I recall correctly vandalism a few times as well. I see them being a solid addition to the staff and thus support the nomination. MiniDaggers 23:26, November 2, 2017 (UTC)
Reason for Nomination: During the past few days I have noticed that RijinRising has been making a significant number of contributions to the wiki by cleaning up numerous pages and has done so for almost four years now. He recently tried to make a Yuma page and although that was deleted due to lack of information on the character it shows that he is willing to do more than just fix pages, as he has shown with the Albian pages. I believe he would be rather helpful as a Rollbacker for the Wiki.
1: Support: Raijin's presence on the wiki has increased tremendously now that the volume is in full swing, which is both welcomed and appreciated. This Yuma page, or specifically how Raijin handled it's removal, is also a good indicator of their willingness to work with the rest of the staff. All in all Raijin is a good candidate to be a Rollback.VedranTheII (talk) 09:40, November 16, 2017 (UTC)
Darkness Inferno (Passed)
Logan has been a key part of the Wiki during the time he has been here, and is active member of the community. Not only has he shown himself to be a great Chat Moderator, but he also has a long history of high quality edits.
Two months ago he was nominated for an Admin role, but was rejected with people suggesting that he was made a Rollback to see how he fulfilled the role. I feel that he has fulfilled the role to the best anyone could ask, and he now deserves a second chance at being nominated for Administrator.
- Support: Project Predacon
I support this, Logan has been outstanding in his efforts to increase the quality of both the Wiki, and its Chat system, all of which he did voluntarily, on his own accord.
I believe he has exceeded what was expected what was expected when he became a Rollback for the Wiki, he edited by the mountain load, he helped others, corrected their mistakes, and he remained a vital part of the community, both in chat, and elsewhere in the Wiki, that is something that should be commended.
On a final note, Logan is also active, he is on near constantly, only missing days when something important happens elsewhere in his life, this level of dedication is something that should be taken into account and should be aspired to, and I feel it also gives Logan a step up above any other would-be candidates.
17:01, March 8, 2014 (UTC)
I support this. Logan has been hundreds of man hours into this wiki and chat. He has not done it out of any sense of obligation, but rather of his own desire. He was rejected for this position before despite the fact that in my eyes he was qualified and great for the position even back then.
My opinion has not changed since then, rather my feelings and the evidence toward Logan's promotion has grown substancially. He corrects the mistakes of others, edits where he needs to, and need I mention that through the joint efforts of him and another user, an entirely new section of pages were created that organized the wiki even further? I refer to the battle pages which he and Xenothewise135 worked on tirelessly for several days.
Unlike some of our other staff, Logan is extremely active. He's on basically everyday, and the days that he isn't are few and far between. Logan fulfills his roles as chat moderator and rollback, and is basically doing the job of an Administrator without the formal title. So why not just give it to him? He's earned this with blood, sweat, and tears.
21:35, March 8, 2014 (UTC)
I think it's worth reiterating that Logan has been an indispensable contributor to the Wiki as well as an active moderator on the Chat. He has an excellent grasp of productive editing practice, as his contributions attest, and is also a well-respected member of the community capable of effective decision making. His diligence in working towards making the Wiki both a better resource and community is demonstrated by his maintenance of a consistently high level of activity during his time here. - Gastropod (talk)
5. As per reasons above, plus the Inconsistencies page, which gave birth to a whole category, has his hands all over it from the start. He has proven himself time and time again with no notable issues from anyone in the community. For this, Logan has my full support. 01:16, March 10, 2014 (UTC)
6. Support: I too must support this as long as i have been part of this great community the one person i've inuqired most with is dark for reasons simply because he has the highest quality edits plus he crafted a whole page which rapidly evolved into a fully category out of all the mods on the team dark is by far another of the most highly rated and recommended people he has more than earned this right in my honest opinion therefor i too agree that Darkness Inferno be granted admin postion because he more than deserves such a high honor and right.12:38, March 12, 2014 (UTC)
Darkness Inferno (Declined)
Reason for Nomination: It should really go without saying that Darkness Inferno is trustworthy, incredibly diligent and has an outstanding ability to create high-quality articles, perhaps most notably the Inconsistencies page. His edits and input have been instrumental in maintaining a high standard of content. A quick look at his edit history will corroborate this assessment. He is also active in the community and is an established, well-known user.
On a more general note, with regards to whether additional admins are necessary, it would probably be prudent to allow a new administrator to settle into their position in advance of the anticipated activity increase rather than wait for it to become an urgent necessity. In light of this, I can't think of a person better suited to the position than Darkness Inferno.
- Support: Logan is definitly suited for the postion, he has the right attitude towards forwarding the Wikia, and a large number of high quality mainspace edits. Mainspace edits aren't everything that an Admin needs, I've always seen Logan as the go to person when neither Nedz or Grif are online. Minomelo (talk) 16:53, January 3, 2014 (UTC)
- Oppose: I oppose, Logan is good at editing, but I still think he edits normally like any other Rollback. I think it's best to give him Rollback first, as he has just been promoted to ChatMod. For example, I think Mino, Maki or DarkButt would be suited better for this position, those people also have more edits than Darkness Inferno.
- Oppose: As much as I think Dark is a good user, I would like to see him made rollback to see how he handles that position first. Also, as Nederz stated, there are more experienced user than he on the wiki.
Reason for Nomination: Put simply, Mino is a machine. His edit history is outstanding, especially when one considers the short period of time in which they were made. It is not an exaggeration to say that his diligence and commitment to maintaining a high standard on the Wiki is second to none. While Mino hasn't been around quite as long as other candidates for the position, I don't think one can overstate the value of his previous work or the potential of his future contributions. He is also active on chat and has established experience as a rollback.
Also, re-stating the general need for admins at this time: We have none at the moment. Appointing additional staff should be part of any preparation for Volume 2 and the accompanying increase in activity.
- Support: Beyond the simple fact of his state as an edit machine, Mino is also well-loved by the community. He has been on for not as long as others, but already holds a place among the community as a chat personality, even going as far as to be the center of chat memes. He edits like a machine, gets along with the community, and has the respect of many (myself included). While this may seem like a sudden or premature promotion, I don't see any reason why he's not a good fit, if not today, maybe sometime soon! XenotheWise135 (talk) 14:05, January 16, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: From the fanon wiki, we have SelenaZephyr. In the canon wiki, we have Minomelo. They both share one characteristic: Both fulfill their duties properly daily. As per Gastropod's point, we have a shortage of admins right now, and Mino would do well as an admin. In fact, since he's the first admin since Grif became a Bureau, I'd also vote for him as the head admin for the future upcoming admins in time for Volume 2. The Intellectual Rapist (argue) 14:59, January 16, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: Mino is a good community member and a strong editor.
- Support: Mino has been a rollback since the last couple of weeks, and has proven once again he is valuable for the Wikia. His "Edit rate" is even higher than that of mine, and worked on a few Wikia projects aswell. As per above, I support this.
- Support: In light of mino's general work about the wiki before and after his move to rollback, and the general lack of Admins I support this.User:Darkness Inferno/Sig 05:06, January 17, 2014 (UTC)
Project Predacon (Passed)
Reason for Nomination: Preda has been an avid user here and a great chat mod for a long time. She is eager to work on this wiki and has a great deal of experience as an admin with her almost one woman renovation of the Turok wiki. We also have a severe lack of admins right now and even though her mainspace edits are a tad low I'm confident that she will put her position to good use.
- Support: I support this. She has re-worked some navboxes, and we lack Admins. We also need a Head-ChatMod, which is a ChatMod that will watch mainly on Chat, that has Admin rights. User:Nederlanderz
- Support: I agree that Kelly should be an admin. She's been exemplary in all of her efforts, no matter what the situation and how her life affects her. She's stayed up late into the night to watch this chat and certainly does her job well with watching chat. User:DestinyZxs00 (talk) 22:07, February 16, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: As mentioned, we're short on admins lately and Preda is a good candidate for one. The Intellectual Rapist (argue) 23:10, February 16, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: I fully support this. A1ch3mi57 (talk) 13:21, February 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: I believe that the lack of admins at the moment is of greater importance than any inexperiance percieved about Preda. She is dedicated, mature, and I believe wholly that she is capable of handling the new position, and am heavily of the stance that you cannot judge someone's abilities in a particular area before they have been tried. I would also like to point out that despite not having many edits HERE, she HAS done a fantastic job on the Turok wiki. Discrediting her for not working HERE is like turning away an experianced CEO of a multi-billion dollar copreration because they hadn't been with your company before. The Great Darth Revan
- Support: I support Preda for being a chatmod because she deserves the position, works great with others and solves issues quickly. Though she doesn't do much of editing, she'll make a great backup and support for the entire RWBY Wikia. 03:16, February 18, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: As per above. ~
- Support: I think that Kelly's more than capable to become an Admin. I've seen her do all her duties very well, and even more so. Despite lacking the needed number of edits, I still think that she's more than perfect for the job. Exvnir (talk) 05:41, February 18, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: Admin is not a position based purely off of activity, but also off of maturity. Preda has maturity in spades, and as Nedz mentioned at the very top, she would be a "Head Chatmod". In fact, I would argue that somebody of Preda's reputation is more fit for the job than somebody with thousands of edits, considering what she'd be in charge of. And when it comes to matter of mainspace edits, RWBY is in its infancy. All ANYBODY can do at this point is clean up pages? How can you hold a low edit count against her when the show is effectively off-air? In conclusion, Preda has the mental fortitude, maturity, and work ethic required for the position which she would hold, and I see no reason why she shouldn't get it!XenotheWise135 (talk) 00:57, February 19, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: Kelly runs an entire wiki almost solely by herself, and has thousands of edits nearly 2,500 edits on it, as well as having a good 500 or so on this wiki. She's been a solid, rule enforcing, and well mannered member of chat since before she was ever promoted to any sort of position of power. As a chat moderator, she rarely ever misses a day online, she's proven herself to be adept at handling situations, and ending conflicts usually before they begin. She's level-headed, mature, and has an incredibly strong spirit. I wholeheartedly believe she'd make a wonderful Administrator both in helping the wiki become a thriving source of knowledge in the RWBY-verse and as a strong presence in chat. She has my support in this. 02:41, February 20, 2014 (UTC)
- Oppose: Although Preda is a great person and undeniably devoted to the chat, as of right now she hasn't actually contributed that much to the main Wiki. I feel it's a little too early to promote her to a position of power over the main space with such little history of contributing to it. Minomelo (talk) 12:41, February 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Note: I would be fully supportive, and actually recommend, promoting her to a more chat related position such as a head chat mod.
- Oppose: As with what Mino said, there are others who contribute to the wiki more than her and are on chat often. Those people would better benefit from having admin powers, as well as be able to fill the role of head CM. Firefunbro 00:50, February 18, 2014 (UTC)
- Oppose: I like Preda, but I would have to oppose for the reasons Fire and Mino stated.
Maki Kuronami (Passed)
Nominator: Project Predacon
Reason for Nomination: After seeing Maki's conduct, and success as a Rollback, and his dedication to the RWBY Wiki in general, be it on the mainspace, or in the User Space, I feel he's ready to become an Admin on the Wiki. He's active, and has done a lot for the Wiki in the way of file organization and uploads, as seen by his work on expanding the image galleries of each article, while also working with the other Rollbacks to eliminate vandalism, and otherwise unfavorable edits. These are coupled by his editing abilities, where he is generally diverse among the areas on this Wiki, as stated before.
(Mino, if you complain about line breaks again, I'll break your legs.)
- Support: As per the reasons stated above. -- ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 09:53, August 1, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: Maki is both an incredibly strong contributor to the Wiki and an active member of the community. - Gastropod (talk) 12:12, August 1, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: Maki is the best choice for an administrator on the wiki, and has great potential to perform that role properly. Lazy sig (talk to Grif) 06:28, August 2, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: Maki is a great potential candidate, he's been around forever and has consistently contributed to the Wiki in multiple different ways. Minomelo (talk) 11:59, August 6, 2014 (UTC) (Also: Line breaks)
- Support: Maki's work on the wiki has been on par with some of the admins and 'crats for a long time now and he is truely deserving of this position. It will also be great to finally have an admin who works mainly in the forums rather then chat. This as well as the above all adds to my reasons to support him for administrator. 12:40, August 6, 2014 (UTC)
Nominator: Maki Kuronami
Reason for Nomination: Chishio is one of the veteran rollbacks of the wiki since its early days. After a long time of dedicated support to newcomers and old users alike, I feel that in light of the new "moderator" staff list, Chishio deserves the right to be the admin to head them. This is also in order to give the forums/comments section a more deserving attention, as unlike chat, the threads are not yet moderated in any way.
- Support: Chishio is a well deserving candidate and in all honesty should have been given this promotion months ago. She's a great editor and is extremely active in the forums. Promoting constructive discussions and helping stop heated arguments.
- Support: Chishio has long been a highly active contributor on both the mainspace and forums. Her edits have consistently been great, and she is often around to police vandals and maintain a high standard of content on the Wiki. Amongst the community, she has the ability to effortlessly engage with users, whether it's giving out advice on editing or adding insight to discussions. Her ability to contribute to the Wiki and her excellent standing with the userbase make her a great potential admin. - Gastropod (talk) 12:32, April 17, 2015 (UTC)
- Support: I highly support her and agree with Lauren, Maki and Gas; she is a very dedicated user with a high amount of high-quality and good edits, and both follows and enforces the wiki's policies while maintaining the wiki in good condition. --
- Support: Chishio is a prolific contributor, active and engaged both on the forums (though 'tis the off season) and in comments, where she addresses questions politely and coherently. She is well-known enough to command the respect of many users, and Admin status would only heighten that. Additionally, she is collected enough to moderate discussions; I have rarely seen her angered. That even keel and the ability to cogently explain material to newcomers would allow her to effectively police both comment sections and the forums; now, she merely hasn't the official teeth to support such. When Maki mentioned this a number of weeks ago, none seemed surprised. --Shadow at Morning, 2015-04-17T17:44-04:00
- I'm just going to say that, I know Roza-Chish (As I've taken to calling her) as an intelligent hardworking person. She is polite and clever and as an admin i'm sure she'll do just fine. She always justifys hers self so well. She has contributed to the wiki so much and I think that if she is chosen to to become an admin, she will have no trouble gaining B-crat status.--- umiishiyama---
- Support: As per above, Chishio seems to possess exemplery dedication and work to the Wiki.
- Support: Chisio is well behaved, and has been a continuing asset to the wiki. She's been a potential choice for quite a while and is the best choice on the wiki. 00:41, April 24, 2015 (UTC)
Reason for Nomination: Gas has been a long time contributor to content in main. He has spent a long time editing articles, talking about potential changes and acting as a rollback in all but name.
Gas has long been overlooked as as he spends a lot of time on chat as a moderator, but desipite people overlooking him a lot, his time here he has made a large number of improvements to the wiki. The most obvious of which being the huge amount of work he recently put into rebuilding and restyling the infoboxes.
Given his history, he definitely deserves this long-overdue position and has my full confidence that he'll perform it well.
1: Support: I support this nomination of Gastropod on becoming an administrator of the RWBY Wikia Community due to the facts of his active contribution to the Wikia: mainspace edits, modding chat, and most importantly helping update the templates of the character info boxes. I believe he will make a fine addition to the administration staff to the Wikia.
2: Support: Gas has been a dedicated member of this wiki for a long time now, and spent plenty of hours coming up with new ideas for improvement here in his sandbox page, such as the aforementioned template updates. I have no doubts he'll use the role of admin to further the wiki's betterment in numerous regards. CreedKeeper25
3: Support: Gastropod has made many improvements to this wiki. He is someone who can be trusted with responsibilities, responsibilities that will increase with the load of administrator, but I believe he will do his best to show himself up to the task. Being an administrator will give him additional rights and tools that will help him improve further this community. CaptainBarracuda (talk) 22:09, June 20, 2015 (UTC)
4: Support: This is in some manner, a hilarious nomination for me. I asked Gas yesterday about the possibility of him being a Rollback/Chatmod but declined. Well in that case I'll vote him for admin instead. Alongside the above-mentioned template redifining, Gas has been heavily involved in staff politics and has a very strong opinion most of the time. The only thing really stopping him from going all-out in helping is the fact that some of the pages are locked for Admins. This nomination may help with that. The Intellectual Rapist (argue) 23:12, June 20, 2015 (UTC)
5. Support: As per above. Gas is an excellent contender for the position of an admin. He is a responsible and talented user with incredible edits and contributions to the wiki and I'm mostly sure he'll make a great admin. -- Ilan
6. Support: As per above. Gastropod is known to be a dedicated, responsible and good hearted user with excellent contributions to the wiki and I am positive that he will make a great admin. -TRR
7. Support: While I can't comment on things that occur on the wiki proper (mainly because I havn't been keeping that close an eye on them) Gas has proven to be a very good chat moderator, with good judgement. If he continues this trend he would indeed be an excellent choice for admin. 13th madman (talk) 16:57, June 23, 2015 (UTC)
Nominator: General Esdeath
Reason for Nomination: Hazel has been around for a long time contributing to the main in almost every way possible. Discussing, advising and recommending other contributors and staff make her a very cooperating potential Administrator. She has helped maintaining the Wiki to a high standard and provided good additional information when needed.
Her active contribution has been highly noticeable during the Volume's run and showed us how capable she is in making valuable edits. Due to her contributions and her teamwork, I have full confidence that she will perform this role extremely well.
- Support: Hazel is clearly suited for the role of an Admin. She is a good editor and she is very good at interacting with other users.The Trumpet player of (talk) 12:10, June 4, 2017 (UTC)
- Support: I know Hazel both as a good friend as a contributor to the wiki; she has consistently proven herself to be a level headed and dedicated individual; and has experience as an admin/bureaucrat on other wikis. I have no doubt she is fully qualified to help as a higher ranking member of the community, and only good can come of it. Phantomlink959 (talk) Crankiest of RWBY rollbacks 16:09 4 Jun 2017 (UTC)
- Support: Given her regularity on the wiki, the formality and politeness her comments carry when interacting with users either of her own accord or on behalf of the wiki and staff as well as her many contributions to the mainspace from the smallest grammer correction to the Remnant Timeline page, I hold confidence that Hazel would make a great addition to the Administrative position here and support the action to make her one. MiniDaggers 16:15, June 4, 2017 (UTC)
- Support: In my time here I've seen Hazel make many good contributions to the wiki. She has also demonstrated to be level head and formal in her interactions with other users. Her regularity to the wiki would make her a great help to the Admin board. Lord Jaric 18:33 (UTC)
- Support Hazel is an excellent contributor and she's good at mediating problems between users and I think she is well suited to the position GreyStark (talk) 18:41, June 4, 2017 (UTC)
- Support: Her previous work on other wiki’s and active contributions will make it hard for anyone to oppose this nomination. Although it is true I can think of incidents where she was quick to label jokes as hate speech, the opposite argument can be used against me in those situations. Even then, she waited for the rest of the staff, myself included, to weigh in before taking action, which does nothing but showcase her teamwork skills, which is in my opinion the most important skill one can have as an admin.VedranTheII (talk) 21:07, June 4, 2017 (UTC)
- Support: Hazel in terms of experience is far and wide when it comes to wiki management. Her suggestions to the wiki are some of the biggest improvements we had recently. Heck, even as an admin I generally ask her for advice. Giving Hazel an admin position will likely make some of her contribution to the wiki be less of a hassle for her. Maki-Maki (argue) 11:48, June 6, 2017 (UTC)
- Support: Hazel has proven herself to be dependable and mature, and has already shown excellent capability. She works well with fellow staff members, and has the drive and ability to improve the wiki with administrative rights. Hazel is an obvious choice for the role, and is the best choice for an additional administrator. 04:00, June 7, 2017 (UTC)
Reason for Nomination: In his time as a moderator, Mini has been one of the strongest presences on the discord maintaining order. He's consistently shown patience while enforcing the rules in a firm but fair manner and has been the source of mediation and defusal for the frequent arguments that crop up in the Discord. His strength of presence and even temper is something that would be benefited by (and should be rewarded with in my opinion) an increase in privileges to exercise, which would benefit the Discord especially. Arkantos95 (talk) 23:37, February 15, 2018 (UTC)
- Support: LucasVerBeek - MiniDaggers is an ever present force on the Discord and enforcer of for wiki guideline. His authority is well respected partly is to his firm but fair moderation of any conflicts or problems that arise but also becuase more often than not he is the only moderator present. I have witnessed Mini talking guidelines, handing out reprimands and editing the wiki more than any other member of the staff. He is a hardworking, attentive moderator who I have the utmost trust in. For these reason I believe his elevation to administrator would prove advantageous to both the staff, and both the Discord and Wiki as a whole. LucasVerBeekLucasVerBeek (talk) 23:53, February 15, 2018 (UTC)
- Support: Naoshi Kanno - His everlasting presence on the Discord also makes us enforcing the Wiki’s rules. When he askes for a user to remove a image or comment that’s too far, they respect it and removes it in accordance with the rules. I believe if Mini was appointed a Administrator, he will make a good addition to the roster of Administrators we currently have. Naoshi Kanno
- Support: GreyStark: Mini has been dedicated in his roll as Rollback and Chat moderator, and he has show himself to be fair and hardworking in that roll and I believe that giving him the position of admin would allow him to expand the role he could play. GreyStark (talk) 21:12, February 14, 2018 (UTC)
- Support: Skyyyyyyyyyy: MiniDaggers is extremely active in his role on the discord, and is very dedicated to this community as a whole. Promoting him to admin would be beneficial for both the wiki and discord overall because his past behavior proves he would take the job seriously, and do whatever needs to be done. Skyyyyyyyyyy
- Support: SYUTK: For Discord, I would repeat much of what the others above have said. He's active and, while seemingly stern, he's lawful, never failing to remind or enforce Da Rules. And this is what the Wiki needs, especially when some of the rules here are enforced in an inconsistent manner, especially when it comes to Speculation (especially if it's about Qrow). We need someone capable of carrying out the rules in a neutral and effective manner, which is what Mini has been doing on the Discord. Now, some say that he "tends to express an attitude". His stern demeanor might be perceived as such, but if his attitude is still good enough to be a Chat Mod, then what says it's not good enough to be an Admin? And finally, while it's true he isn't really a common sight on the Wiki, it's not like having an extra helping hand would hurt, and the exact same can be - and has been - said about other current, still-helpful Admins and even Bureaucrats. SomeoneYouUsedToKnow
- Oppose:Though MiniDaggers does have a presence on the wiki, and I have second hand knowledge of his activity on the Discord, I do not feel he has a strong enough Mainspace presence to warrant the promotion to Admin. Phantomlink959 (talk) Crankiest of RWBY rollbacks
- Oppose: First of all, I do admit that the Server could use more hands, but that doesn't mean an already existing moderator should increase their status, in this case that of an Administrator. The only difference in power an Administrator has is the ability to post in the announcements-channel, as far as I'm aware. As far as mainspace goes, Mini has indeed proven to know how to deal with vandals and the like, informing Admins/Crats after undoing/rollbacking their edit(s), although most of the time an Admin is online during this and deals with this instance within a couple of minutes, with a few exceptions coming to mind. In short, I don't see the need for another Administrator whilethough I do see some small benefits, but not that it would convince me to put in a support for this role. 15:54, February 14, 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose: I trust Mini a great deal. I think his skills are excellently suited as chat mod. As an admin however, he'd have to pay more attention to the wiki as a whole, and have a better sense of fair play and working well with others than he does. Mini's ability to dig in his heels is an incredibly admirable and even desirable trait. But I have seen his stubbornness cause him to be inconsiderate and even cruel. In discussion he has taken things too far on multiple occasions. This was actually something that prevented him from being nominated to staff earlier on and while it has eased up, unfortunately he has yet to grow out of it. I can also too easily see him using an admin status as a power privilege for his own opinion rather than as an increased level of duty to the community in which his opinion would have to take second place. I am sorry to oppose his nomination, but since I saw this behavior in him as a rollback, I cannot trust him in the role of admin. Not yet. HazelQuill7445 (talk) 03:34, February 15, 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose: I don't think Mini pays enough attention to the wiki itself outside of fulfilling his rollback duties, as he sticks more to chat. As General Esdeath said, the only thing that would benefit from another Admin in chat is the ability to post in the Announcements channel, which is really unnecessary in my opinion. Add in my own experience with his attitude towards people of opposing thoughts and positions, and I do not believe he is ready to step into the role of Admin on the wiki. SpiritedDreaming|EDGElord (talk) 04:36, February 15, 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose: Looking at his user contributions, Mini doesn't have too much of a prescence outside of the chat, often being absent for at least 3 days. He also tends to express an attitude in some posts, something I believe not fitting for a user meant to have a professional esque position. So while he has potential, I have to vote no. BlizzardDragon (talk) 19:01, February 15, 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose: While MiniDaggers is certainly showing improvement and has been doing well in his new Chat Moderator position, I personally feel that at this time, MiniDaggers is not yet ready for this role. At this current time, the roles and responsibilities he possesses are a great fit for him. In regards to the Discord mentioned above, administrative rights and responsibilities would have little impact on the Discord, as he already possesses the tools and authority he needs to moderate it, and the entire administration team is always one @Administrator ping away. In the future, this is definitely an idea I'd love to reconsider, but for now I'm going to have to oppose the nomination. 21:07, February 16, 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose: Mini has expressed in the recent past that time does not permit him to properly pay attention to both the chat and the wiki, and it's been fairly clear to me he chose the chat. Though an increase in main space responsibilities may push him to pay more attention to this side of things, that goes against the spirit of being a staff on the wiki, that being that it is something we do cause we care for the show, not because it's our job. As stated above, he holds virtually all the power he needs for the chat, and giving him the rank of Administrator is superfluous at best, can lead to confusion at worst, should mainspace only users try and contact him for aid. As a result I'll have to vote no. VedranTheII (talk) 21:46, February 20, 2018 (UTC)
The Trumpet player of (Passed)
Reason for Nomination: Over the last few months, and particularly since the beginning of Volume 7, we experienced a sharp increase in repeat violations of numerous policies; ranging from spoilers, to discussions, and civil behavior in general. It is my belief, as well as the belief of other members of staff, that we are in need of an additional Administrator to help handle cases in which the behavior warrants (or requires) that a user be blocked.
I believe that Trumpet is a good fit, owing to his extensive tenure as a member of staff, prompt and efficient response to removing offending comments, and efficient handling for removal of spoiler-related and troll edits.
1: Support: Trumpet has shown considerable growth over the years in terms of handling aggressive users, and will wait for a second opinion before tackling ambiguous situations. He is also consistently active and tends to be the first one to bring up an issue with the staff. I can think of a number of times in which his lack of admin privilages caused certain vandals to be around for longer than they needed to be, and as such give my full support for this promotion.
2: Support: With the uptake in vandals and with the new volume an increase in spoilers the current Admins are having a hard time keeping up given that they can't be online all the time. They are in need of additional help and Trumpet is a great candidate. With how he has handled the issues he can deal with and how he conducts himself he would make a good Admin/ Lord Jaric (talk) 7:35, December 11, 2019
3: Support: Trumpet has been an excellent and ever-vigilant member of the wiki staff and has shown a strong ability to handle conflict and rule violations. Whenever he is uncertain about a difficult or odd situation, he makes sure to discuss with other staff members about the appropriate course of action and how best to speak to the user, or users, involved in the situation. I believe he would be a great choice for admin. ChishioKunrin (talk) 03:27, December 15, 2019 (UTC)
Sgt D Grif (Passed)
Nominator: Darkness Inferno
Reason for Nomination: Grif has been a long time user here and has supervised many wiki expansions and clean ups including most if not all of my own. He his demonstrated his ability to deal with problems regarding this wiki and between other wikis all whilst keeping a cool and calm deposition. I think he would do well as a Bureaucrat and serve the wiki well in the future as it grows larger.
- Support: It is clear that Grif's contributions have played a key part in the maintenance of the high quality of content on this Wiki. Grif's expertise in both CSS and Wiki markup has been indispensable in creating the numerous templates that make this Wiki a user-friendly, information dense and streamlined experience. His edits to content pages have also been uniformly outstanding.
More importantly, however, his efforts to engage with the community, as can be seen from his blog, play a key part in keeping the community together. The importance of this willingness to interact with the core userbase of the Wiki simply cannot be overstated, and it is my strongly held conviction that for this reason alone, Grif will make an amazing bureaucrat. - Gastropod (talk) 16:59, January 3, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: I support, Grif has contributed to the Wikia for a long time, and I think the time has come to promote him to Crat. Without him, this Wikia would have been scratch, due to his fine coding editing. I don't have to say more, I think it's pretty clear.
- Support: Grif has my full support to be promoted to 'crat. Much of what there is to say has already been said, so I don't have much to add! He definitely deserves the position. Minomelo (talk) 17:30, January 3, 2014 (UTC)
- When I came back Grif scared me because of how seroius he was to keeping this wiki sane. He is smart and knows how this wiki works and should work, I respect him and he definitly deserves this right! ~~Floobersman (RWBYwiki Founder) (talk)~~ 16:11, January 4, 2014 (UTC)
- Grif definitely is dedicated to making sure everything is in order on the wiki and wants to maintain a good community.
- I viewed Grif as one of the more chill Admins. He definitely knows what he's doing and has provided a lot of things for the wikia. Besides, Nedz needs the help, he's been the sole Bureau of the wikia and that can be rather taxing. The Intellectual Rapist (talk) 08:38, January 5, 2014 (UTC)
- Support: Grif was probably one of the few people I saw who cares about this wiki as a whole. I even thought he was a crat the first time I met him. He also helps everyone out alot with the wiki stuff. I don't really understand how he's helping out most of the time though, but what I really like about him is how he works behind the scenes as well as where everyone sees him, and how he doesn't care about the position much but he still does his work well. He even had this votation organized to keep order. I don't really know what else to say but I'm sure we all know Grif deserves to be a crat. ~Cross (talk) 09:46, January 12, 2014 (UTC)
Lauren Darkmore (Declined)
Nominator: User:Velvet Scarlatina2
Reason for Nomination: The reason I think Lauren should be a Bureaucrat is due to the fact she treats everyone how they would want to be treated. Lauren is also a really good chat admin on how she handles situations if there blowing out of proportions. Also Lauren is a really kind hearted person who has a really big heart,and shows kindness to everyone around her. Also Lauren has been on the wiki for awhile an she is very trustworthy on her actions when she inforces the rules. Lauren has a low temper rate to which is another reason why I think she would be for the job so she could deal with users who have bad temper rates. So thank you and I hope the votes will be forever in your favor Lauren.(No rigging the ballets so people won't get discouraged to vote they should have there own choice in the matter.)
- We need a third bureaucrat due to how sometimes how unorganized the staff,and how they they treat users an how they react in some of the following actions. Some of these actions which are very over the top sometimes, and the staff overreact to some of these events. So I say yes to voting Lauren for Bureaucrat. I am just entitling my own opinion on this. By User:A Perfect Moon
- We need a bureaucrat because the wiki is kinda of unorganized. Also because Velvet is a really nice person if you get to know her. :> User:The Chicken Master
- Nothing against Lauren, but this doesn't really seem necessary. The admin position's more than enough to carry out her necessary duties. CreedKeeper25 (talk) 01:36, October 3, 2014 (UTC)
- Seconded for Creed's reasons. She's a good friend of mine, and a capable woman; but we don't need more Bureaucrats. That and the reasons given by the nominator could be filled by most if not all of the current chat moderators on the wiki. So, sorry; but it is a no from me. 02:10, October 3, 2014 (UTC)
- Not really necessary to have a third, as long as one is active then we're fine. The only notable right a crat gets is the ability to appoint other admins. 02:14, October 3, 2014 (UTC)
- I feel it's too early. I only really recommend that we get another 'crat if we have like, ten admins or something. The Intellectual Rapist (argue) 02:20, October 3, 2014 (UTC)
- Ultimately, this nomination isn't going to accomplish the points people hope it would. If Lauren had significant issues with things on the wiki, she's very capable of bring them to attention in her current position. Furthermore, while she does an excellent job as an administrator, there's nothing in particular that really sets her above and beyond administrating or the other administrators themselves. 02:30, October 3, 2014 (UTC)
- Oppose as per the reasons above. -- iLan (XD • Edits ) 04:56, October 3, 2014 (UTC)
- I did not consent to this nomination 14:28, October 3, 2014 (UTC)
Project Predacon (Declined)
Nominator: Velvet Scarlatina2
Reason for Nomination: Reasoning behind me wanting to vote Preda as Bureaucrat is due to her handling situations really well and always knowing what to do. She always does what is right and is fair during all situations along with her following the rules, and honestly I think she would be superb at being a bureaucrat.I think she would make the wiki even better she knows what she is doing always she knows the polices.I think she deserves the position to due to all her hard work she has done for the wiki itself.
- Support: An individual that has long been a part of this community, Kelly's professional attitude towards certain situation makes her a worthy candidate as a role for Buro. Being a part of several wikias, and being active in several of them, she can be what I consider as an "Ambassador" to the other wikias, as her people's skills and approachable natural makes her easy to communicate with. A people's person and one to uphold the rules when they need to be enforced, she takes her position seriously while as an admin on this site. I suppose her for my following, and have no doubt she still make a fine addition to the buro staff.
- Support: I have asked Preda for help with several problems i've faced over the months of me being here on the RWBY wiki. She has shown a lot of friendly and helpful advice in all situations. She has aided several users, is easy to talk to and overall shows many of the qualities of a good leader. She's pretty much a kind but firm person and that's why i think she would make an excellent bureaucrat. - KuraiJack
- Support: It is abundantly clear that Predacon is a wikian of the highest caliber of ability and dedication. Any wiki that would grant her bureaucrat status would be fortunate to have her judgment truly unimpeded in each and every circumstance that comes her way. Apologies for lacking eloquence on this important matter; but, to me, this is a no-brainer. - Editor Chartreuse 7:55 January 31, 2015 (UTC)
- Support: Preda is like a real friend. She has roles on other wikis and has really worked hard as an admin here. I love her (as a friend) and hope that she can be rewarded with a higher position. Xxx - Umiishiyama
- Support: He would be a great Bureaucrat, he edits much, he is very active in the chat, and she just deserves it. - WesselPot
- Support: Even though I know Preda barely, I know she is responsible person and understands the situation pretty well. She can joke sometimes, which is a good sign because the jokes give good atmosphere to the chat. She is serious when it comes to someone breaking rules or if someone needs help, she is a respectable person, and a good friend, and I think she deserves to be a Bureaucrat. - XeonJM7
- Support: Because it will bring more benefit to the wiki. (I still don' get how 2 b-crats is "too many") EDIT: So I have to expand it so I'll see how far I can get wih both actual reasonings and taking the piss in size of my reply.
I believe preda will be moreso of an incredible benefit to the wiki because of the work on pages she puts in continuously. Her edit count of just the past week is at 79, a higher and more main space focused amount of edits than both of our currernt B-Crats combined. Anyone who says preda is not an incredible benefit to the wiki and capable of being a beauracrat need only look at her edit count to see how dedicated she is to the wiki. I believe still 2 B-crats is enough is a truly ridiculous claim and is people not wanting to share toys or see someone become a crat before them. Preda is more dedicated to the wiki and to the chat than most other admins and b-crats alike n both edit count and frequency on chat. There may be some more qualified users for bcrat position. IMO It'd probably be mino. (Turns out I couldn't get to a piss taking size after all :()
- Support: The argument that too many bureaucrats is arachiac and moronic. Predacon has been active and has answered questions for people (i.e. myself) who scarcely visit or edit the wikia itself, showing that she has time for people. I believe that she is a fine addition to the community, and acts as a pillar of stability - it is time that she received proper recognition of that status. ~ BP Vermilion
- Support: While three crats may seem like a bit much, there is seriously no downside to having that many. On top of that, the two crats we have can't be assumed to hold the position forever. If one of them leaves, we'd look pretty foolish rushing to put this nomination back up for Preda, wouldn't we? She'd do the job just fine, and there really aren't any negatives to her holding the position in the first place. -- Xeno
- Support: The more people in the work force, the better. It won't exactly change anything so I don't see why preda can't serve as an efficient crat. She's qualified, she's up to it, I don't see why we should deny her of it. It's just rather an improper way of judgement... Trust me, Preda's not those tyrannous kind of people... I'm thinking two or 3 crats can't handle a wiki base of 693 pages, 244 active users and over an average of 100 or more user edits per day. I don't see why a few crats are carrying all those luggage on your own. ~ KurisuPy
- Support: i can agree to the part where preda can be a effective bureaucrat. after all, she worked really hard gaining the trust of her fellow users and managed this wiki with her allies. it wont change a thing on how she does her job. but with more privileges she can do more than what she can do at her current status ~Mii
- Support: I suppose I’ll start off by addressing what seems to be a rather common point of debate for this: the “two crats” argument. Yes, the number of crats we’ve had to this date may have proven to be sufficient for the matters we’ve faced, but at the same time, that doesn’t necessarily mean that the same will hold for the future. In the event that something SHOULD happen to cause two crats to be indisposed at the same time, would it not be best to have another user at the ready to handle things? And if, as people have been saying, the difference between cratship and adminship is rather negligible, then what reason is there to keep the promotion from happening? If the user has proven themselves to be a worthwhile candidate for the ranks, and the only thing stopping them from rising up is some fear of upsetting a nonexistent “power balance,” then I fail to see the reason behind rejecting them. All in all, I think Kelly has proven herself to be a perfectly capable admin in numerous regards, and that these same traits will lead to her being a worthwhile bureaucrat. ~ CreedKeeper25
- Support: Preda has proven to me in the past that I can count on her more than any other staff member. While it's true that Preda has yet to show the true skills that it takes to manage an entire wiki, this does not mean that she can't learn. We can always take down her rights as a Bureaucrat if she doesn't prove herself so I say we should give her a chance to either prove us right or wrong. ~DiegoAnime3000
- While I have the utmost respect for Preda, I don't believe that she requires bureaucrat rights to fulfil the roles as outlined in the above sections. She is more than capable of fulfilling these duties as an admin.
- Another aspect I would like to draw attention to is that a primary aspect of a Bureaucrat's job is managing the mainspace section of the Wiki. While Preda has an impressive number of mainspace edits, the vast majority are minor in nature. From my perspective, she has yet to display the coordination and organisational skill necessary to spearhead large-scale content overhauls. Other skills desirable of a Bureaucrat include exhaustive subject matter knowledge for the behind-the-scenes areas of the Wiki, such as understanding of CSS. Preda has yet to display her potential in these key areas.
- I would also like to reiterate that appointment to a Bureaucrat of the Wiki is a heavy responsibility. While Preda is a highly valued member of the community, I would like to discourage against appointment to Bureaucrat based purely on this aspect. There are other considerations (as I have indicated) which I feel have yet to be addressed. - Gastropod (talk) 08:07, January 31, 2015 (UTC)
- 2. Oppose: Simply put, I do not feel that this wiki requires any more bureaucrats as it is. She does an admirable job as an administrator, I do not see why she would require the rights of bureaucrats to do anything more. CaptainBarracuda (talk) 09:09, January 31, 2015 (UTC)
- 3. Oppose: Yeah, okai. Let's cut the whole "She's a good person but" introduction. Yes, Kelly is a good person and I care for her a lot, however, to put it simply: I don't see her as a good crat... yet, anyways. The problem with the nomination thing is that it ends up being friends voting for friends because they are friends, but this is not a rant about the much flawed nomination system. To the subject: In terms of edits, I have to admit that I'm not impressed; her edits are many, but very minor, mostly only include some spacing. In terms of attitude, my problem with Kelly is that she is a rather impulsive individual who can easily get angered, sometimes over silly stuff, and personally, I don't see these as good traits for a crat. Finally, it should be noted that Kelly doesn't need crat rights to accomplish any of her current duties as an admin, nor she surpasses the other admins in any noticable area.
- 4. Oppose: I've known Kelly for a very, very long time now. As per above, it's friends voting for friends, including some who barely come on the Wiki anymore. (No offense, don't take it the wrong way). Preda contributed to the Wiki widely in various aspects. She does an outstanding job as the other Admins, however, her being promoted to Bureaucrat won't change much of that. The difference between those roles isn't all too big, and I don't think it requires more than there are now, pointing out the fact the Wiki is having its "Rest" currently. Maybe I will change my mind when the next season comes out when we're busy again.
- 5. Oppose: I've not read any of the votes above as I fear that may influence my opinion slightly. While I hold a fair amount of respect for our dear Preda I don't feel that she has what it takes to become an Admin. We don't need another one either so part of my oppose option is due to not seeing the position needing filled. This is my personal opinion and you can slate me later if you wish but I don't feel that this is required. - A1ch3mi57
- 6. Oppose: While Preda is normally a great admin, she is a very impulsive person. She will often get an idea in her head and put it into place without checking with anyone that it's a good idea. This normally turns out to have a simple flaw that makes the whole idea pointless, but we have to put time into removing it. While she is normally pretty level-headed, she can often get easily angered over pretty silly things.
- As has been noted above, although she has a reasonably high edit count, the majority of these are really tiny edits that contribute little to the wiki.
- All in all, I consider her a really bad choice for 'crat. It won't bring much to us as a community, adds very little actual power to what she currently has and is pretty much unneeded. Minomelo (talk) 14:18, January 31, 2015 (UTC)
- 7. Oppose: Preda is a promising canditate for 'crat due to her frequent edits and her activeness. but as with the rest of the admin team she is not quite there yet. I've discussed 'crat nominations before with the staff and nobody is yet 100% a perfect candidate. As for the position itself, another 'crat is not required. The two we have serve the purpose fine and the wiki nor Preda has the need for 'crat rights at this time as she performs her job amazingly in her current position.
- 8. Oppose: I don't feel like making her a bureaucrat would improve what she is already doing. The only notable difference between a bureaucrat and an admin is who has the power to make other users admins. Preda can already perform much of what she does, and what we need her to do, with just admin roles. In addition, I feel like we have enough bureaucrats on the wiki as it is.
- 9: Oppose: Users with more experience feel that she is not ready, and best interest of wikia must come first over opinion. Dr3sd3n (talk) 18:32, January 31, 2015 (UTC)
- 10: Oppose: I agree with the above reasons. Promoting her to Crat won't change a lot of things. She does her job very well as an Admin, but as I stated, promoting her to Crat won't really change much and she can do her job without Crat rights as well. PrimeXam (talk) 18:34, January 31, 2015 (UTC)
- 11: Oppose: I only really disagree because if Preda became a 'crat, then what? Her job doesn't really change that much. It comes with bigger authority, but I don't really see her utilizing it that much. (Of course, I barely come to chat, so I don't know how stuff works there) As an admin, she's doing what she does best anyways. The status quo for now appears to work from my perspective.
- The Intellectual Rapist (argue) 03:25, February 1, 2015 (UTC)
- 12: Oppose: While I agree with all reasons listed above, I am still going to reiterate them. I understand that the two current 'crats are not particularly active, but I have two counter-points. One is that we are currently in our "down" season, so activity will be dropping more than anything else. The second is this: We've generally always had two 'crats. (Barring Rain of course.) Originally, it was Cy and Nedz. Grif was given 'crat and then, not too long after, Cy was demoted. While there is truly no set limit on how many of any given position we can have, it is a matter of "do we need it." And history has proven that we only "need" two 'crats at any given moment. Additionally, when we only ran with two 'crats prior to now, our staff was much less skilled and diverse. Preda doesn't need the rights given by being a 'crat, she does wonderfully as an admin. I would say "as just an admin," but an admin holds a lot of strength as it is. Another note though, while I understand that "all users are equal," do pay attention to whom are supporting and opposing, regardless of what the balance is at the end. To close though, perhaps the future will show a need for another 'crat, and perhaps Preda will be the best candidate at the time, but given the current standing of the wiki I must vote to oppose this nomination.
- 13: Oppose: Ultimately at the end of the day, Project Predacon has yet to reach a level that places her a step above the other administrators. As it stands right now, none of the four administrators have yet to reach the point where they are a grade above the rest. While stuff like edit counts and the like are helpful indicators, the role sets someone as the highest leader of sorts. The bureaucrat is more-or-less "responsible" for managing administrators. In time, the user does certainly have the potential to reach that level, however that has yet to happen. She has great community engagement and is usually a good judge of character, which while being good, it doesn't really carry enough weight to make up for an advanced level of leadership and on-the-spot decision making. While she isn't "bad" for the role, she also isn't "good" for it yet. Currently, her level of skills and decision making abilities are matched with a proper position. While better/more experience with editing and wiki code are wonderful assets, betterment of decision making is in my opinion more important. 03:17, February 13, 2015 (UTC)
- 1: I feel the need to urgently jump in here to bring up one point that's been nagging at me on these opposes. As a certain "support" brought up, how are two bureaucrats "too many" or "enough" for the Wiki, currently? One of those Bureaus just came back from being inactive for an extended period, effectively leaving us with one until he returned. Even so, there shouldn't be a "set number" with things like that. It should be based off of quality and work ethic, not quantity, as so many people bring up here. It's about how you use, and operate in the position, now how many people are IN said position. Just my two cents on the matter.
Reason for Nomination: As one of the more active Admins on the wiki, I believe ChishioKunrin is an ideal candidate for the Bureaucrat position. She has a reasonable presence in both the forum and article comments; with multiple posts to contribute to ongoing discussion almost every day; based on her contributions page. She is one of the primary Staff members responsible for providing screenshots for new episodes most weeks, as well as making edits to improve the quality of articles whilst participating in discussion regarding them
Her behavior both as a normal user and as a member of staff is almost always calm, rational, and grounded; with an end result of quality content in regards to the wiki as a whole. As seen with her nominations both for her original Rollback and, later, Admin nominations, she is a long-established and respected member both of staff, and the community as a whole. Given there has been no notable decline in the consistency, quality, or attitude of her work on the wiki over time I feel she is a viable candidate for the position of Bureaucrat within our hierarchy.
- Support: ChishioKunrin has been on the wiki for a long time. She has shown to be affective in managing various situations in a calm and respectful manner. She is welcoming to new members and helps them understand the rules. I feel that she would be an effective Bureaucrat Lord Jaric 2:34 a.m. UTC
- Support: ChishioKunrin is efficient, has good communication skills, and has shown in the past that she can keep a level head. She's not afraid to accept or own up to her own mistakes, and listens to all sides of a story before making a decision. She is also able to accept a majority decision as the way to move forward, even if she personally does not agree with it, which is a good skill to have as a Bureaucrat of the wiki. SpiritedDreaming|EDGElord (talk) 02:55, October 8, 2017 (UTC)
- Support ChishioKurin has been shown to be diplomatic, level headed and she's been an excellent contributor to the wiki and I believe that she is suited to the role of Bureaucrat. GreyStark (talk) 21:53, October 9, 2017 (UTC)