There have been a number of soundtracks released from RWBY comprising of a range of singles and albums. Most of these have been soundtracks released in the months following the release of each volume to accompany it.
Each volume of RWBY features an original soundtrack composed by Jeff Williams, with songs written for the show spanning a variety of genres. The songs are written and recorded by Jeff Williams and feature vocals from Jeff Williams' daughter, Casey Lee Williams, with other vocalists including Sandy Lee Casey and rapper Lamar Hall.
- Main article: RWBY: Volume 1 Soundtrack
The RWBY: Volume 1 Soundtrack is the first soundtrack album released for RWBY. It was released by Jeff Williams on November 12th, 2013, hitting the top of iTunes and beating out the movie soundtrack to The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.
- Main article: RWBY: Volume 2 Soundtrack
The RWBY: Volume 2 Soundtrack is the second soundtrack album released for RWBY. It was released by Jeff Williams on December 2nd, 2014. The Japanese edition of the soundtrack was released on September 26th, 2016.
- Main article: RWBY: Volume 3 Soundtrack
The RWBY: Volume 3 Soundtrack is the soundtrack album for RWBY Volume 3. There are 30 tracks in the album, for a total run length of 2 hours and 22 minutes. It was released on iTunes on May 3rd, 2016. Shortly after its release, it reached #1 on the iTunes digital charts.
- Main article: RWBY: Volume 4 Soundtrack
- Main article: RWBY: Volume 5 Soundtrack
The RWBY: Volume 5 Soundtrack is the album for music from RWBY Volume 5. There are 41 tracks in the album. It was released on June 8th, 2018.
- Main article: RWBY: Volume 6 Soundtrack
The RWBY: Volume 6 Soundtrack is the soundtrack album for Volume 6. There are 30 tracks. It was released on June 28th, 2019.
- Main article: RWBY: Volume 7 Soundtrack
The RWBY Volume 7 Soundtrack released on July 31st, 2020. It contains 37 tracks.
RWBY: Best Vocal Album
- Main article: RWBY: Best Vocal Album
The RWBY: Best Vocal Album, stylized as RWBY: Volume 1–3: BEST VOCAL ALBUM, is a Japan-exclusive soundtrack album for RWBY, featuring 19 vocal songs from the first three volumes. It was released on September 8th, 2017.
- Except for Casey's vocals, Jeff Williams performs all instruments and vocals on the soundtracks unless otherwise noted.
- Zac Zinger arranges and produces all the horn sections throughout the RWBY soundtracks.
- Production on the soundtracks and scores do not begin until Jeff and Alex Abraham receive the rough animations including sound effects/choreography for the respective volumes. 
- In an interview with MurderofBirds in 2017, Jeff states that the songs should not be taken literally and that the music in the soundtracks are not necessarily written for any specific character. 
- At Anime Festival Orlando 2017, Barbara confirmed that Casey and Jeff have free range over the RWBY soundtrack and explore and have fun on their own. She also stated that they just write songs that they think people will enjoy and that the songs don't confirm or deny anything and are just there for people to enjoy. 
- In a reaction video about the Volume 5 soundtrack, Casey Williams confirms that the songs are meant to be taken as subjective, and that they shouldn’t be taken literally. She adds that just because songs are written, doesn’t mean they are canon. She also confirms that her father has a lot of creative freedom in the song-writing process and can connect the songs to whatever he wants. 
- Rooster Teeth's Twitter (November 15th, 2013)
- RWBY Japan
- Rooster Teeth's Twitter
- Japanese iTunes
- Amazon Japan
- Rooster Teeth's Twitter
- Jeff Williams' comment on Sirs and Madams Entertainment's Volume 1 Soundtrack reaction video
- Casey's comment to Sirs And Madam Entertainment's Volume 4 OST Review