Template:Crow Qrow Branwen(pronounced "Crow") is a currently-unseen character in RWBY, and is a teacher at Signal Academy, as well as Ruby's uncle. He was mentioned in the first episode as being the one who taught Ruby how to fight and wield her High Caliber Sniper Scythe, Crescent Rose. Professor Ozpin seems to know him, and figured Qrow was the source of Ruby's training, since he claims to know no other scythe-wielder with the level of skill Ruby employs. He is as good a scythe wielder as Ruby, if not better.
It is mentioned that Qrow is a Master Scythe Wielder, having taught Ruby in how to use her scythe to the level that she knows. Ozpin even recognizes his talents as a talented scythe wielder.
- Due to the nature of his name, it is possible that Qrow is a Faunus like Velvet Scarlatina, but this has yet to be confirmed.
- The name and (possibly overall) character of Qrow is likely a reference to Monty Oum, who commonly adds a crow in his works as a kind of signature. Even in RWBY, a crow has appeared in the "Red", "Black" and "Yellow" Trailers before the character of that promo went into action.
- Due to the number of other characters who appeared in the first episode that are seemingly influenced by the 1900 novel The Wonderful Wizard of Oz and its 1939 musical film adaption, such as Ozpin and Glynda Goodwitch, fans have speculated that Qrow will allude to the character Scarecrow.
- The mumbling of the phrase "That's my uncle!" by Ruby is possibly a reference to the Rooster Teeth Animated Adventure Left 4 Trek.
- When Qrow messaged Ozpin, below his name was a blanked out Team label. It is unknown if this was censored by Qrow but may possibly indicate that Qrow is still part of a team.
- Although speculation, it could be possible that Qrow, Ozpin, and Glynda were all part of a team at some point in time along with an unknown fourth member.