The only known flavor is Marshmallow Flakes.
Only characters from cartoons and star athletes are awarded the "honor" of getting their face on the packaging. Pyrrha Nikos currently has her face on every Marshmallow Flakes box.
The cereal is referenced by Weiss Schnee briefly. During a conversation in which Jaune Arc suggests that Weiss and Pyrrha join "the winning team" (being his), Weiss becomes annoyed at Jaune's clear lack of recognition. She lists several impressive feats performed by Pyrrha, but it's not until she mentions her appearance on Pumpkin Pete's cereal boxes that Jaune realizes Pyrrha's status.
The cereal's mascot is a bunny, which can be seen on the front of Jaune's hoodie and pajamas. The character is usually covered by his armor, however. Jaune tells Ruby Rose, Nora Valkyrie and Lie Ren that he collected fifty box tops to get the hoodie as a prize.
- FYE and Rooster Teeth teamed up to produce a real cereal based on Pumpkin Pete's titled "Pumpkin Pete's Marshmallow Crunch", which became available September 14th, 2017.
- Pumpkin Pete could be a reference to the nursery rhyme "Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater".
- Despite the people on the box being star athletes (or cartoon characters), the cereal itself is apparently not very healthy according to Pyrrha. She does, however, admit it was "pretty cool" to be on the box.
- This is likely a parody of the real-world cereal box General Mills Wheaties, which has famous or star athletes and cartoon characters appear on the box.
- It is also a parody of cereals like "Boo Berry" as stated in the RWBY crew chat.
- Pumpkin Pete is also a Looney Tunes-esque cartoon in addition to the cereal brand.