Overview Image Gallery
Omen is a long, single-edged, one-handed sword of Japanese design, with a trigger built into the hilt and cross-guard rather than the traditional tsuba. The scabbard contains a rotary chamber filled with various types of Dust blades: green (Plant), blue (Ice), red (Fire), dark blue, purple (Gravity), yellow (Electricity) and white (Wind). When drawn, the blade can telescope to approximately double its stored length.
When Raven connects the hilt with the scabbard, she can switch to a different Dust blade, or if the hilt does not have a blade, she can replace the blade. The Dust blades can also be broken after they have sustained too much damage, prompting her to switch to a new Dust blade during combat.
The scabbard is also capable of ejecting the sword with the press of a button.
- When equipped with a red blade, Omen bears some resemblance to the swords wielded by some of Junior Xiong's Henchmen, as well as Adam Taurus' weapon, Wilt. The rotating chamber in the scabbard also demonstrates similarities to Weiss Schnee's Myrtenaster.
- The Japanese classification makes it an ōdachi due to the blade's full length when drawn.
- Omen was modeled by Monty Oum in about a weekend during a trip.
- An omen is a phenomenon supposed to portend good or evil; a prophetic sign. The name is similar to her brother's weapon, Harbinger.
- In Amity Arena, Raven's Mother's Day Outfit repaints Omen to have the gray parts become pink and the black parts become white.