Nicholas' appearance was seen in portraits throughout the Schnee Manor. In them, he was shown to be a tall man with long, white hair and a white beard. He greatly resembled his daughter, Willow and his three grandchildren, who all inherited his facial structure, blue eyes and naturally white hair.
He wore a heavy, ornate suit of armor reminiscent to that of the Arma Gigas, with a black shirt and pants underneath. Nicholas wore a red fur-trimmed cloak which was held by a gold chord. Statue replicas of this armor were seen repeatedly throughout the Schnee Manor.
Although yet to make a personal appearance in the series, from RWBY: World of Remnant, it could be seen that Nicholas was hard working, determined, intelligent, courageous, fearless and ambitious from how he had built himself and his empire, the Schnee Dust Company, from nothing through hard work, labor and honesty.
Nicholas was also stated to have been a fair employer during his time as founder and president of the SDC, having been known to treat his laborers with respect and fairness and was not afraid to place himself in danger alongside them when searching for Dust deposits in the tundra of Solitas and the other hazardous areas of Remnant alongside his men, with this disposition having earned him the loyalty of many of his employees.
It was also stated that while he was a good person, he wasn't the best businessman. After his health began to fail him, his son-in-law, Jacques Gélé, managed to easily convince him to let him take over the company in his stead.
- Nicholas might allude to Santa Claus who is often associated with Saint Nicholas of Myra.
- He is referred to as "Old Nick".
- He has a noticeable white beard.
- Manages a large production company and is well known for his generous nature.
- Wears a red and fur lined cape, much like Santa's famous red and white attire.
- Lives in a northern land that is a state of perpetual winter.
- Nicholas' armor was the the same model used for the statues and portraits that decorated the Schnee Manor.