Klein Sieben is the Schnee family's butler. His first appearance is in "The Next Step".
Klein is a slightly overweight man with balding brown hair and a large mustache. He typically has light brown eyes but appears to have the ability to change their color temporarily to red, light blue and yellow, accompanied by changes in tone of voice.
Klein is a positive and jovial man. He is quite supportive of Weiss Schnee, cheering her up whenever possible. Klein also mocks Jacques Schnee out of his earshot to entertain Weiss. When he changes his eye color, his tone of voice and personality appear to alter slightly, ranging from sardonic to jovial in a matter of seconds.
His loyalty to Weiss reveals his ability to be deceptive. Apart from mocking his employer behind his back in order to cheer up Weiss, he helps her escape while ostensibly going about his usual duties as the Schnee family's butler.
Powers and Abilities
Klein possesses the power to change the color of his eyes temporarily. When he does so, his tone of voice alters as well, along with shifts in personality, although this may be intentional on his part.
He also performs kitchen duties in addition to being a butler, having prepared crepes for the Schnee family prior the events of "Remembrance", as well as making coffee for Weiss. Both Whitley Schnee and Weiss expressed appreciation for Klein's skills.
Sometime after her return from Vale, Weiss is informed by Klein that her father, Jacques, wishes to speak with her. After she speaks to her father and departs unhappy, Klein cheers Weiss up by offering her a coffee and mocking her father. Later, Klein worriedly comes running when a window explodes in her room and promptly shows pride when he realizes that she successfully summoned the Arma Gigas. Klein then helps Weiss escape the Schnee Manor through a secret passage in the library.
- International Klein Blue is a shade of blue developed by French artist Yves Klein and trademarked in 1957.
- The literal translation for Klein Sieben, from German to English, is small seven, which references the Seven Dwarves, from the tale of Snow White and keeps with the German language theme of the Schnee family.
- Klein is also a Dutch word meaning small or little, further following the theme of the Seven Dwarves.
- Klein's shifts in personality seem to also reference the seven dwarves (So far):
- Light Brown (Doc)
- Red (Grumpy)
- Light Blue (Sneezy)
- Yellow (Happy)
- Pink (Bashful)
- Mint Green (Dopey)
- Lavender (Sleepy)
- Klein has dissociative identity disorder.