Harriet is a dark-skinned young woman with platinum blonde and brown hair shaved on the sides and dark pink eyes. While actively using her Semblance, her eyes glow gold.
She wears a very short-sleeved Atlesian Specialist uniform that consists of a sleeveless white double-breasted vest with silver buttons and dark blue accents. It has a white and dark blue-collar, a dark blue short-sleeved t-shirt, a red tie and white shorts. She wears dark blue chaps that presumably connect to the tops of her shorts. The chaps expose the inner part of the thighs and the backs of her calves. She also wears blue fingerless gloves and dark gray trainers with black accents and a white stripe accompanied with red socks. She also has white calf pads and dark blue knee pads as well. There are also dark blue straps fastened around the top of her vest. The blond portions of her hair are styled in a way that resembles a rabbit's ears.
Harriet is competitive and quick-witted in nature. This personality causes her to only be loyal to those who earn her respect, as seen with her interactions with Ruby Rose and the similarities in their Semblances. However, she is still cordial and well-mannered. Harriet also displays great confidence in her skills, bordering on arrogance, looking down on Team RWBY's attempt to challenge the best Huntsmen in Atlas.
Harriet, like other members of the Ace-Ops team, does not consider her teammates to be friends. She trusts them to do their job and to keep them alive, though she doesn't confuse work with friendship.
She proves to be aggressive in nature, glaring angrily at Team RWBY once James Ironwood reveals that he knows the group told Robyn Hill about Amity Communications Tower and even angrily argued with Blake and Yang on their loyalty once she learned that they purposefully let Robyn escape.
Later Harriet displays her stubborn side while fighting Ruby, claiming she had the group pegged since the beginning in an attempt to bury her feelings of unease due to having grown fond of the group during their time in Atlas working and training together.
Harriet, like her teammates, is shown to be intensely loyal to Ironwood, having been willing to follow through and support his decision to abandon Mantle in order to save who they could. She was also willing to arrest Team RWBY with excessive force despite having grown close to the girls due to having been ordered by the General.
Harriet has the tendency to unconsciously take out her anger at anyone she deems responsible or guilty of said anger to vent out her feelings. In "Fault", she goes after Qrow Branwen for killing Clover Ebi after she notices him holding his pin.
Although Harriet believes that when a team loses somebody that they should be replaced with someone else, it is revealed by Lie Ren to not be true, as like the rest of her teammates, she constantly suppresses her true emotions.
After Ironwood declared his ultimatum to Penny and her friends and he confirmed that it wasn't a bluff, Harriet is shown to be fine with destroying Mantle by bombing it, so much so that she strives to do the job personally in "Worthy" after word of Ironwood's defeat reaches her.
Once Vine confronts her about doing this after he believes that it isn't necessary anymore, he believes that Harriet is just doing it as a way of holding back her grief at Clover's death. Once the other Ace-Ops convince her to stop with her plan, she agrees with them that they really are friends and is saddened at Vine's sacrifice.
Powers and Abilities
She is a skilled fighter, as she is a member of the Atlesian Special Operatives unit, the most elite group of Huntsmen and Huntresses in Remnant. While her ability enhances her speed, her weapon enhances her strength.
In "As Above, So Below", Harriet was shown to be skilled pilot, as she was able to keep a Manta stable even though it was being attacked by multiple Grimm. She is later the pilot for the group once more in "Gravity". She has some proficiency in close range combat without her weapon, continuing to fight Ruby after her arms were restrained, attacking her with her legs only and even being able to flip her to the ground at one point.
- Main article: Fast Knuckles
Harriet's weapons of choice are Fast Knuckles, an exoskeleton suit whose main function seems to be its ability to greatly enhance the wearer's upper body strength. Harriet shows immense strength and durability, being able to hold off the stomp of an Alpha Megoliath for an extended duration.
- Main article: Super-Speed
Harriet's Semblance, Super-Speed, allowed her to move incredibly fast, accompanied by an electric trail. She believes she has a better reaction time than Ruby. Through the use of her Semblance, Harriet is able to safely land from great heights, such as when her Manta begins to crash after a pair of Teryxes attack the ship.
While speed Semblances are common, the speeds which Harriet can reach are of an unsurpassed caliber.
- The name Harriet means "keeper of the hearth." This brings golden and brown colors to mind.
- Harriet could also be chosen due to the similarity to Hare, the character she is based on.
- Like other members of the Ace-Ops team, Harriet is likely based on the Aesop's Fable, particularly the Hare from The Tortoise and the Hare.
- The name Bree is a girl's name of Irish origin meaning "strength" or "exalted one".
- "Bree" also sounds similar to "brie", a soft creamy cheese with firm white skin.
- Harriet was designed by concept artist Erin Winn.
- Harriet seems to have a habit of flicking her nose with her thumb when she feels strong emotions such as confidence or anger, as seen in "Ace Operatives" and "With Friends Like These".
- This habit may be based on actual rabbits, as they are known to constantly wiggle their noses at any outside stimuli.
- The design for Harriet's hairstyle is inspired by the character Apollo Justice, a defense lawyer appearing in the Ace Attorney franchise.
- Her Semblance lets her run at quick speeds while leaving behind trails of electricity, similarly to the Flash from DC Comics. It is however unconfirmed if his powers were an inspiration for her Semblance's effects.