Overview Image Gallery
History[edit | edit source]
The Happy Huntresses were graduates from Atlas Academy who were at the top of their class. They have amassed a following, one such fan being Forest. The group all share a badge featuring Robyn's emblem. Other than Robyn, who uses a crossbow, they all use the same kind of weapon, a staff comprised of two crossbow type weapons.
They fully debut in "Sparks", working with their leader to discover what James Ironwood's plan with the Amity Colosseum from Clover Ebi, Ruby Rose, Penny Polendina, and Qrow Branwen. In the episode, May Marigold and Joanna Greenleaf attempt to ambush the Huntsmen, only to be found out before having a chance to strike. The Happy Huntresses begrudgingly let the Huntsmen go whilst vowing to learn the truth.
In "A Night Off", the Happy Huntresses serve as security personnel for Robyn in her election celebration party, failing to identify Tyrian Callows as a threat. After Fiona is injured by Tyrian's attack and Jacques Schnee is elected, Robyn and the Huntresses become full-on vigilantes for Mantle's sake, stealing military equipment to fix Mantle's wall.
They participate in Mantle's defense during the Battle of Mantle. They appear to work together with Ruby's Group and Ironwood's Group to stop the Grimm invasion and defeat and arrest Tyrian. After Ironwood stops the evacuations in Mantle and declares martial law, the Happy Huntresses have a falling out with Ironwood's Group when Robyn attempts to fight Clover in the airship carrying Tyrian and in the ensuing fight accidentally frees him. Tyrian crashes the ship and Robyn ends up getting injured in the process and Tyrian kills Clover. When Atlas Soldiers later come to arrest Robyn and Qrow, they are both sent to prison after being framed by Tyrian.
After Robyn's arrest, The Happy Huntresses continued to operate on working on helping the citizens of Mantle that hadn't been evacuated to Atlas and worked on protecting them from the invading Grimm left over from the first siege. Due to Robyn's arrest, Joana is shown to have primarily begun taking the role of leader of the group and together with Fiona and May began properly organizing the evacuation of Mantle's citizens to the center of the Crater under Atlas.
Members[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The group is based on Robin Hood's Merry Men.
- Along with Robyn Hill being Robin Hood, Fiona Thyme, Joanna Greenleaf, and May Marigold share similar names and the same initials with Friar Tuck, (Little) John and Maid Marian.
- Though he has yet to be seen on screen, having only been heard via voice communication with Fiona, there is possibly a fifth member of the group named Crimson, who may allude to another member of the Merry Men, Will Scarlet
- In "The Greatest Kingdom", graffiti saying "Show your teeth" is seen around Mantle and is the Happy Huntresses' slogan.
- The crew wanted to show how much the Happy Huntresses care about each other and about Mantle during the election rally.
- The group members' names reference the season of spring.
- Robyn's is pronounced the same as the bird, robins, which are a sign of spring.
- Fiona and May's surnames, Thyme and Marigold respectively, are based on the plants with the same names. Thyme and marigolds are both planted and bloom in spring.
- May is a month in spring.
- Joanna's last name, Greenleaf, references the fact that green leaves return in the spring.
- The Happy Huntresses, except for Johanna, have a Semblance which has their Aura manifest around their hands:
- Robyn's Semblance covers her hand and the hand she's holding with a purple Aura.
- Fiona's Semblance emits a whitish-yellow Aura around her hands when storing in/bringing out objects.
- In the episode "Worst Case Scenario", May's hands are covered in a blue Aura as she's projecting the invisibility field.
References[edit | edit source]
- RWBY Volume 7 Crew Commentary -Chapter 6