Throughout the production of a series, a lot goes on behind the scenes in regards to planning and design, which often go through multiple stages before resulting in the final version that is seen on screen. Some concepts and ideas can have an effect on the show and characters, and unexpected occurrences during production can also lead to changes and additions to the plans for the show.
Glynda Goodwitch alludes to Glinda the Good Witch of the North from the novel The Wizard of Oz. This allusion has had the following influences on the character and show:
- Glynda's full name is derived from this allusion.
- The Good Witch is usually depicted with a magic wand. Glynda wields her riding crop like a wand when using her Semblance.
- The Good Witch is usually depicted wearing a tiara or crown. Glynda's emblem is a tiara.
Glynda's emblem is a tiara. This emblem appears on one of Glynda's possessions:
- Battle outfit - her cape.
The credits for the episode "Fall" show a piece of colored concept art that does not look much different from Glynda's final design.
The concept art has the following four differences:
- Her eyes appear to be gray instead of green.
- Her hair appears to be a paler blonde.
- She is wearing pink nail polish.
- Her ear rings and the bead on her shirt collar are a brighter shade.
In an old render of her model, her cape is missing the tiara emblem, but everything else is the same.
- In the original Volume 1 Opening storyboard, Glynda is shown using a Scroll while standing near Ozpin. Shortly after, a glint on Ozpin's glasses turns into a flash of light, which acts as a transition.
- After Volume 3, Rooster Teeth changed animation software from Poser Pro 2013 to Autodesk Maya. With this change, the animation department also made all new models for RWBY.