Overview Image Gallery
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Centinels have long, black segmented bodies. Each segment has a pair of clawed legs and is covered by a protective shell. Their heads have no eyes but possess large jaws. Inside their jaws, they have four small claws.
When injured, they sometimes "bleed" a bright green fluid.
History[edit | edit source]
Powers and Abilities[edit | edit source]
Centinels can burrow through rock and coil themselves together when attacking, moving at fast speeds. They can rotate their sections to burrow like a drill.
Centinels are described as not exactly being dangerous Grimm, thought they are annoying creatures to hunt down due to the sheer numbers they travel in, thus making Huntsmen avoid bounty missions on the Grimm, as a result making their rewards be disproportionately large compared to the difficulty ranking.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name "Centinel" combines the words Sentinel and Centipede.
- It was stated at RTX that Grimm on the icy continent of Solitas are based on prehistoric and ice age animals. With this in mind, the Centinel is possibly based on the Arthropleura, a prehistoric millipede from the late Carboniferous Period which was able to grow up to 2.50 meters long.
- These creatures were designed by artist Aromie "Inkyou24" Kim, who also designed the Manticore Grimm.
- The Alpha variant of the Centinel was intended to make an appearance in "Ace Operatives" as an extended fight scene, but its scenes were cut from the final version of the episode. They have implied that we will see the alpha variant in the future.
- RWBY: Amity Arena Card Bio:
The Centinel Grimm aren't so much dangerous as they are terrifying and annoying. For Huntsmen and Huntresses that get an eradication order, it takes them ages to locate every single one, while enduring pop out scares from the floor, walls, and ceilings.
We can safely say that bounty missions on this Grimm is one of the least popular, so the rewards have to be disproportionately large compared to the difficulty ranking.
"That's... disgusting." -Yang
References[edit | edit source]