- For the song with a similar name, see Bmblb
Overview Image Gallery
Being Yang's personal bike, it shared her yellow-themed color scheme. It is a sports bike, with a design emphasizing speed and aerodynamics.
Bumblebee is described to be powered by "combustion Dust." The sides of the engine compartment included supercharger intakes; a close view of the rear wheel whilst the vehicle was in motion shows a complex high-ratio gearing in operation. These all indicate that the bike had a very powerful engine and the capability to use that power efficiently.
In an interesting variation on the motorcycle design, Bumblebee did not have a kickstand for balance when it is parked. This suggests that it may have used some form of gyro-stabilization or had an as-of-yet-unseen and unspecified non-physical stabilizing system to keep it upright when stationary. However, this may have also simply been an oversight.
- While riding it, Yang wore a yellow biker's helmet and yellow-tinted goggles. Later, it would become a pair of aviator shades.
- The name for Yang's motorcycle was brought up in the RWBY Crew Chat live stream that aired on October 24th, 2013. Miles stated that he forgot the motorcycle's full name. According to Miles, the name was "The (something) Bumblebee". It was brought up during the chat in response to a question about a fan ship of Blake Belladonna and Yang that has also been named Bumblebee.
- In reference to the name fans have given this ship, Bumblebee is also the name for a team attack performed by Blake and Yang during a battle in "Painting the Town...".
- In RWBY: Amity Arena, deploying the "Bumblebee" unit has Yang enter the arena on her bike.
- Bumblebee is possibly a reference to the character of the same name from the famous movie franchise Transformers. However, the Bumblebee in the movies can transform from a robotic form to that of many different cars; a 1977 Chevrolet Camaro and then a 5th generation Camaro Concept in the first film (the latter of which would reappear modified in the second and third films), a 1969 Camaro and 2014 Camaro Concept in the fourth film, a heavily modified 2016 Camaro in the fifth film, and a Jeep Willys MB and Volkswagen Beetle in the 2018 movie named after the titular character.