Overview Image Gallery
A seemingly rudimentary design, Blowhard appears merely to have an axe blade attached to the stock of the weapon.
He is shown to wield the battle axe portion by holding the barrel of the gun. During the episode "Breach", Port is seen using Blowhard in combat against the Grimm. He is able to shoot several balls of fire from it, decimating the Grimm in front of him alongside Bartholomew Oobleck. However, in "Battle of Beacon", a Griffon appears unaffected when he shoots it in the neck.
- In "Little Red Riding Hood", the 12th episode of RWBY Chibi, Weiss questions the practicality of having two axe blades on the stock, pointing out that they prevent the weapon from being aimed. Port himself chimes in, putting it down to "personal preference".
- According to the RWBY Volume 2 Crew Commentaries, the blades on Port's weapon were intended to fold up and go into the gun, but this feature has yet to appear in the series.
- A blowhard refers to a person who talks too much or too loudly, especially in a boastful or self-important manner. This is indirectly relative to Port's personality while lecturing.
- In the early days of firearms, many people were skeptical about the limited utility of the weapons since they could only fire one shot before they had to be reloaded to be used again. To combat this, many early manufacturers developed combination weapons that built guns into edged weapons like swords and knives to use as a secondary form of attack. The Blowhard resembles one of the first ever of these hybrids which was called an axe-pistol.
- In Amity Arena, Port's Christmas Outfit replaces the blades with a green bow, paints the blunderbuss part gold, and replaces the wooden hilt/trigger with a candy cane.
- In Amity Arena, Port's Cinco de Mayo Outfit completely refashions the weapon into a classic guitar.